British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Of course the gloss has come off. The final has been rendered a virtual non event. Not Swindons fault of course but as a spectacle the crown jewel of the season has been completely ruined. Swindon fans will of course disagree.

The rules don't allow it but r/r in a final looks bad and is bad. Perhaps issues like this can be looked at at the agm. If a rider is deemed by the scb, (and not a dodgy doctors note)to be out through a speedway related injury, a guest can fill the spot. Doesn't help Wolves this week though.

Each team has good and bad luck, we have had bad luck in the past and it may just be that the unfortunate situation where Wolves do not have their top two riders helps Swindon. Since they topped the league then if we win the play offs it confirms that the best team of 2017 wins the cup.

Of course the gloss has come off. The final has been rendered a virtual non event. Not Swindons fault of course but as a spectacle the crown jewel of the season has been completely ruined. Swindon fans will of course disagree.

The rules don't allow it but r/r in a final looks bad and is bad. Perhaps issues like this can be looked at at the agm. If a rider is deemed by the scb, (and not a dodgy doctors note)to be out through a speedway related injury, a guest can fill the spot. Doesn't help Wolves this week though.

If Swindon win it, the gloss certainly won't have come off. If they win it will be because they deserve it and can only race what's put in front of them!

And what if Wolves win - will the gloss have come off for you? Somehow I think not!

• Like 1

Crikey, I wish these Poole fans would stay off the topic if negatively is all you bring.

• Like 1

This is a very strange feeling now.

Normally I would be absolutely buzzing with excitement, nerves, tension with the Grand Final to look forward too. Sadly, it's almost a non-event. Swindon will likely win by 25+ tomorrow night and it will be all over.

That said, I will still be there and still cheer the boys on in the hope they can ride out of their skins and Swindon feel the pressure.

• Like 2

It's shame that it has to r/r in the Final of a major event it should be 7 v7 even if it means guests.Needs reviewed IMO.( along with everything else).

• Like 1

It's shame that it has to r/r in the Final of a major event it should be 7 v7 even if it means guests.Needs reviewed IMO.( along with everything else).

The trouble is that one or two clubs have abused the facility with iffy injuries to a low performing rider, so the rule about guests was bought in.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I thought Nicholls not that great at Swindon, would be better to have him at Wolves...? Unless they are using Harris for both legs?

I thought Nicholls not that great at Swindon, would be better to have him at Wolves...? Unless they are using Harris for both legs?

I would assume that is the case, Harris at Wolves almost a certainty.

What a shame the grand final has now turned into the biggest anti climax the sport has seen since the inception of the playoffs.

Wasn't the biggest anticlimax when Matt Fraud cancelled the fireworks and turned the hot water off in 2010?

• Like 4

$hit happens. It's highly unlikely we'll be good enough to even give Swindon a scare. If we force a Rosco team talk/rant, I'll be happy :D

There's 6 other clubs who wish they were in our place.

COYW.

Not mind Swindon winning now just happy to have dumped that lot from Manchester out of the play offs.

Bless. So your aim at the start of the season is to go further than "that lot from Manchester"? And I thought it was about winning trophies... Which, by the way, once you've lost to Swindon, you will (most likely) be facing us again for the "consolation prize" of the knockout cup. I'd say it's quite feasible that we will win something this year and "that lot from wolverhampton" will not...

Edited to add good luck to Swindon in the final. Best team over the season, from a neutral standing they deserve it. Hopefully no further injuries over the 2 matches.

Edited by Ace no.5

The entire Swindon promotion must be wearing the exact same bracelet Harry Clayton wore in Stan Lee's lucky man.

Laughable. No point in running the meeting's tbh. Swindon un-deserving champions.

You can give me a lot a stick but I don't give a damn. I'm not going to reply.

The entire Swindon promotion must be wearing the exact same bracelet Harry Clayton wore in Stan Lee's lucky man.

Laughable. No point in running the meeting's tbh. Swindon un-deserving champions.

You can give me a lot a stick but I don't give a damn. I'm not going to reply.

Wow im stunned you havent opened yet another account.

So in your little schoolboy opinion the team that topped the league..........won 17 on the spin..............and lost riders like Doyle and Morris and a good reserve at various stages ..............would be undeserving champions!!!

You are a pathetic piece of work to be honest, your either 12 or some weird saddo that gets joys of making up various user names and trolling.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because you could be just a kid, surely no respecting adult lacks your intelligence.

Swindon had a bye into the finals thanks to their semi final opponents being dire........and it was nice of Swindon to give their fans something to watch in the second leg as their riders threw points away to try and make it better to watch but the average Poole Pirates were so inept to take advantage.

All through the various semi finals and finals threads you and the other 2 Poole dunces have shown yourselves up to be nothing more than a bunch of sad individuals who fail to accept how crap your own team was this season and instead are trying to play down the final.

Have a look at how the Ipswich fans on their thread have reacted to Sheffield winning...................sadly your havent got that capacity to comprehend.

I apologise to those decent Poole fans and the Swindon and Wolves fans......but this pillock needs to disappear

• Like 3