British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

You can give me a lot a stick but I don't give a damn. I'm not going to reply.

We can only hope.

Not having been to Blunsdon for a few years, any recommendations on somewhere close by for a bite to eat please? Thanks in advance.

Swindon 54-36 Wolves

1. Jason Doyle 3 3 3 2' 1 - 12+1

2. Adam Ellis 0 1 3 1 - 5

3. Tobiasz Musielak 3 2' 2 2 - 9+1

4. David Bellego 1 3 1' 3 - 8+1

5. Nick Morris 2 3 2 3 3 - 13

6. Bradley Wilson-Dean 2 0 2' 1' 1 - 6+2

7. Liam Carr 1' 0 0 - 1+1

1. Chris Harris 1' 1 2 3 1 - 8+1

2. Kyle Howarth 2 0 0 1 1 - 4

3. Rory Schlein 2 2 0 3 2 0 - 9

4. r/r

5. Sam Masters 3 2 1' 3 0 2 - 11+1

6. Mark Riss 3 0 0 0 0 - 3

7. Nathan Greaves 0 1 0 - 1

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather

I wont bother watching now that i have seen the score.

• Like 6

Can Wolves have a guest for Thorsell and r/r for FL? As i think it will be easier getting a guest on the same level as Thorsell rather than FL. Only Doyle is same level as FL.

How would that help them even if the rules allowed it (which they don't)?Same riders could take RR but you'd reduce the points available for the guest?
  • Like 1

Not having been to Blunsdon for a few years, any recommendations on somewhere close by for a bite to eat please? Thanks in advance.

Try Robins Farm - you can actually see the stadium from there but you need to drive around the block

I usually go to Cold Harbour next to Premier inn, pretty good pub food.

Try Robins Farm - you can actually see the stadium from there but you need to drive around the block

I usually go to Cold Harbour next to Premier inn, pretty good pub food.

Thanks for those, appreciated.

Complete dead rubber now - such a shame for Wolverhampton as they had a decent chance with a full team.

Best wishes to Freddie and Jacob

This is obviously completely hypothetical as it hasn't and won't happen, but...

How would Swindon fans have felt if Wolverhampton had been 'special dispensation' to track Tai Woffinden in place of Lindgren in a circumstance such as this?

Normally I would be against such a thing and I have no qualms at all about Wolves using a guest and R/R as those are the rules, but would it have made the Grand Final more of an event if a team could have used one of it's own assets rather than a guest?

This is obviously completely hypothetical as it hasn't and won't happen, but...

How would Swindon fans have felt if Wolverhampton had been 'special dispensation' to track Tai Woffinden in place of Lindgren in a circumstance such as this?

Normally I would be against such a thing and I have no qualms at all about Wolves using a guest and R/R as those are the rules, but would it have made the Grand Final more of an event if a team could have used one of it's own assets rather than a guest?

I feel very sorry for Wolves losing their two best riders to injury, particularly at home where those two would drop very few points. As an Aces fan I know how you must feel, having lost Bjerre to injury in the play offs in 2005 and not being able to replace him. I know you are asking particularly for the views of Swindon fans but this would affect all of us. I believe that you can't now change the rules that everybody has/was supposed to, abide by this season. A lack of credibility is one of the major problems with the sport and to allow such a change for the final would be farcical. Imagine, if Wolves then won the final, the competition would be totally devalued. If rules need to be changed then make those changes before the start of the season.

I feel very sorry for Wolves losing their two best riders to injury, particularly at home where those two would drop very few points. As an Aces fan I know how you must feel, having lost Bjerre to injury in the play offs in 2005 and not being able to replace him. I know you are asking particularly for the views of Swindon fans but this would affect all of us. I believe that you can't now change the rules that everybody has/was supposed to, abide by this season. A lack of credibility is one of the major problems with the sport and to allow such a change for the final would be farcical. Imagine, if Wolves then won the final, the competition would be totally devalued. If rules need to be changed then make those changes before the start of the season.

I agree, I'm not suggesting for one moment it should be allowed.. however, I'd say it has a lot more credibility than running a Grand Final with a guest. I can't see how it would be 'devalued' in any way at all though. A rider has been replaced with a weaker one, from the same club basically. It makes a hell of a lot more sense from a credibility point of view.

As you correctly say, those are the rules though.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

All these people who rave on about the Play-offs , will no doubt be having second thoughts now. I always said, having the league title decided by a H&A tie is never a good way of deciding the whole season of racing.

As much as hate riders getting injured, it is always possible that title will be decided by a situation such as this. My heartfelt feelings go out to Freddie and Jacob for their injuries they have suffered, but in all honesty there is only one team who deserve to win the title this year. Winning 17 matches on the spin deserves that recognition.

Surely it would be possible to retain the play-offs, but instead of only a 4 team knock-out tournament to determine the winners, why not add those extra points on to whose already amassed throughout the season, giving us the excitement of the PO but also the true winners every time. Then injuries at crucial times wouldn't be as damning and unfair, as they seem at the moment....