British Speedway Forum

Tinted glasses if you pause it just before contact Freddie leans over and has locked up right in front of Kenny leaving him no where to go. I would go as far to say Freddies bike was facing the centre green.Have a look again.

I've watched it several times on broadcast. And was of the same opinion each time. 50/50.

I've no wish to keep watching a crash that finished the season for a rider thank you very much.

I've watched it several times on broadcast. And was of the same opinion each time. 50/50.

I've no wish to keep watching a crash that finished the season for a rider thank you very much.

Best wishes to Freddie.

But as a Wolves fan I can now see that you cannot have any other opinion than to call it as 50/50.Because if with the help of dvd footage you agreed with alot of fans that the wrong rider was excluded then you would have to admit that a referee's mistake more than likely sent the wrong team through to the final.

Only my opinion but as we know these can differ.

Edited by B.V 72

Best wishes to Freddie.

But as a Wolves fan I can now see that you cannot have any other opinion than to call it as 50/50.Because if with the help of dvd footage you agreed with alot of fans that the wrong rider was excluded then you would have to admit that a referee's mistake more than likely sent the wrong team through to the final.

Only my opinion but as we know these can differ.

It isn't an opinion based on a team I support. That's quite a silly thing to suggest.

I get that others, including Aces fans, suggest that it was the wrong decision. I don't have to disagree with that, it's just my own opinion.

It's an opinion based on what I saw.

I watched the Fricke crash on BT tonight, repeated several times and again another I don't wish to watch again. He wasn't in the wrong each time I watched it yet I got why he was excluded as it would have been wrong to exclude either 2 riders who were also involved in the incident. Yet Max did nothing wrong. It was a coming together and a racing incident.

Same as the Freddie/Bjerre, a coming together and a 50/50 decision.

Either would be unlucky to have been excluded.

And of course I hope Max recovers well and is fit for the final GP.

Edited by stevebrum

As a complete neutral with no rose tinted glasses for either team, and having watched the video footage, Lindgren was to blame 100%.

Its impossible to come to any other conclusion. The ref got it badly wrong.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

In fairness to the ref he had to make a instant decision based on what he saw and made an honest mistake. I have seen it too Freddie had the beating of Bjerre so no real need to cut across at the point in the race.

I have no doubt at all that it was an honest mistake by the referee. What was so shocking was that I and many others in the stadium saw and said at the time what is now confirmed by the video. It wasn't even a difficult decision to get right.

• Like 3

As a footnote to this crash. Was this the most expensive mistake made by a referee this year and maybe going back for some time?

It almost certainly cost us a place in the final, which we may have won and the revenue lost to the club, with a likely crowd of at least 3500 at the NSS.

• Like 3

Yep.

Imagine if the 3 ride ref cock up had cost another final in the KO Cup. Add in gogglegate and you have to question why these costly ref errors always happen to us?

• Like 1

The side i feel has just become a tad stale and could do with a freshening up, but please no C Holder.

• Like 1

2017 had 4 changes from the previous season so not sure you can call it "stale"?

And not sure you could call the form of bjerre or any of the Brits stake either?

Team composition will be dependent on the points limit - if it goes to 12 teams I'd imagine it would have to be around 40?

Unless someone who rides the NSS well is available on a bargain average (holder, kK?) then I'd imagine just 1 or 2 changes needed.

The side i feel has just become a tad stale and could do with a freshening up, but please no C Holder.

100% agree with the bit about Holder, hopefully he won't be anywhere near a British team next year.

• Like 2

1. Cook

2. Hougaard

3. Holder/Woffinden

4. Tungate

5. Zagar/Fricke

6. Bewley

7. Smith