British Speedway Forum

Is S Worell out of favour, seems most predictions dont mention him ???

I don't think he is out of favour I for one would love to see him back but he has an average that is hard to fit into a team that needs weakening.Everyone at the momment is building teams to a 42 point limit so his average to me is a little to high for a second string and a little to low for a heat leader.With a 42 points limit you can still fit in 3 heat leaders.

If the team average drops to 40 I think he will then be named in a lot more fans team ideas.As with a 40 point limit it will be a lot harder to fit in 3 heat leaders.He could then be named as the 3rd heat leader to keep a stronger lower order.

• Like 2

Would anyone know what Zagar's average would be set at ?

I'd say that depends who he is signing for....

Though Poole fans seem to think Woryna will come in on his old EL average so Zagar should be the same

• Like 1

Is S Worell out of favour, seems most predictions dont mention him ???

It's the dammed numbers game. I feel bad enough just typing a team without him, what it's actually like telling these riders to their face that they don't have a team place must be hell.

• Like 1

Can BV afford the likes of Zagar if, as the rumour I heard, he was on £5k a meeting????????????

I've no idea but that sounds inflated. The often quoted figure was £3k but I have heard those most likely in the know say it wasn't that much.

Zagar should be on his final 2016 average of 7.48 (unless its deemed to be increased due to his GP performances?) lol

• Like 1

Zagar should be on his final 2016 average of 7.48 (unless its deemed to be increased due to his GP performances?) lol

Well Lindback a GP rider came back to the British league on an assessed average of 7 last year so why not Zager next year lol.

• Like 1

Well Lindback a GP rider came back to the British league on an assessed average of 7 last year so why not Zager next year lol.

Zagar rode last year as did Woryna for Poole so last season's averages apply.

Lindback hadn't ridden UK for more than 3 years so the rules allow for an adjustment.

Simple really.

So did Tai but he would have been 8 if we signed him.

No he wouldn't. Tai used an actual average obtained during a woeful season for Wolves in 2014. No re-assessment took place.

Can't believe people are still banging on about it.

• Like 1

Correct, no reassessment was made for the Wolves signing.

I'm not banging on about it merely using it as an example of the flexible approach to rider averages when querying what Zagar will be on......for us.

• Like 1

Logically any rider who skipped 2017 should have a 1.2 multiplier attached if 2016 averages are used for 2018.

But then that logic wasn't used for mid season signings in 2017 which was ludicrous.

• Like 2

Some unrealistic dreamland sides being named there! After the massive losses of 2016 does anyone think Zagar Drabik would come cheap? In any case can't imagine The PZM or Wroclaw allowing Drabik over

Some unrealistic dreamland sides being named there! After the massive losses of 2016 does anyone think Zagar Drabik would come cheap? In any case can't imagine The PZM or Wroclaw allowing Drabik over

Well since we're in fantasy land I wonder what are the chances of bringing Vaclav Milic to the NSS? I really like watching him ride and can imagine he would be something special once he had the track sussed.

Edited by nw42
  • Like 2