What average would Zagar come in on?

What average would Zagar come in on?

1 C Cook.................................8.45

2 S Worrall...............................6.77

3 P Przedpelski........................7.00 ass KK 6.86 or ANO up to 7.00

4 R Tungate.............................6.18

5 M Fricke................................7.39

6 D Bewley...............................4.71

7 J Smith...................................2.00.

Talk of Zagars return is interesting, but with a 7.48 average would/could mean Stevie missing out,something I find unthinkable.

1 option is to leave out Rowan, this would give us up to 5.72.(J Sedgeman 5.72) or ANO. again weakening our team.

Over to you Mark.

Edited by hyderd

My heart says keep Steve, he's an asset, a local lad and has improved considerably over the last few seasons. However, he always seems vulnerable at the NSS and some time away may help him make the next step up.

My head says we are much stronger with Cook, Zagar, Fricke, Hougaard, Tungate, Bewley , Smith. 42.30 No matter what some may think Zagar was popular with his team mates during his time with us and a good influence in the pits.

Hougaard was not as impressive at the NSS last year as in 2016. That may change if he was in the team as he has said it is a track he enjoys riding but I would be open to any better suggestions to fill that second string role.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3

My heart says keep Steve, he's an asset, a local lad and has improved considerably over the last few seasons. However, he always seems vulnerable at the NSS and some time away may help him make the next step up.

My head says we are much stronger with Cook, Zagar, Fricke, Hougaard, Tungate, Bewley , Smith. 42.30 No matter what some may think Zagar was popular with his team mates during his time with us and a good influence in the pits.

That's impressive :approve:

You basically have 3 GP riders there with what Fricke did at the end of the season. That is very solid. Would like to see that team.

Seems to me its a choice between Stevie W and Rohan ?

Tough decision

Zagar 7.48

Bates 5.52

Fricke 7.39

Worrall. 6.77

Cook. 8.45

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2.00

Edited by WestGorton1884

Seems to me its a choice between Stevie W and Rohan ?

Tough decision

Zagar 7.48

Bates 5.52

Fricke 7.39

Worrall. 6.77

Cook. 8.45

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2.00

when the first green sheets come out IMO Bewley will move into the main body of the team with Bates going to Reserve, leaving us a little weaker at reserve but still doable

1 C Cook.................................8.45

2 S Worrall...............................6.77

3 P Przedpelski........................7.00 ass KK 6.86 or ANO up to 7.00

4 R Tungate.............................6.18

5 M Fricke................................7.39

6 D Bewley...............................4.71

7 J Smith...................................2.00.

Talk of Zagars return is interesting, but with a 7.48 average would/could mean Stevie missing out,something I find unthinkable.

1 option is to leave out Rowan, this would give us up to 5.72.(J Sedgeman 5.72) or ANO. again weakening our team.

Over to you Mark.

Maybe Rowan is branching out!!!

• Like 2

I just do not get why some of you posters would want Zagar back. Far too overrated in my opinion.

Where to is the money to pay him his inflated pay demands coming from ? Appears there is no TV cash cow anymore, or at the most very little.

If we are forced to choose between Stevie W or Tungate, I would pick Tungate as he is far better at the NSS than Stevie. Though I would have thought along with Bewley that those three would have been first to be signed up.

One person who doesn't get much of a mention is George Carswell, who it appears is sadly missing from any involvement with Belle Vue, it was his money and sponsorship that saw a lot of riders sign up for Belle Vue,. He must now in my opinion very much regret his involvement with Gordon & Morton.

I just do not get why some of you posters would want Zagar back. Far too overrated in my opinion.

Where to is the money to pay him his inflated pay demands coming from ? Appears there is no TV cash cow anymore, or at the most very little.

If we are forced to choose between Stevie W or Tungate, I would pick Tungate as he is far better at the NSS than Stevie. Though I would have thought along with Bewley that those three would have been first to be signed up.

One person who doesn't get much of a mention is George Carswell, who it appears is sadly missing from any involvement with Belle Vue, it was his money and sponsorship that saw a lot of riders sign up for Belle Vue,. He must now in my opinion very much regret his involvement with Gordon & Morton.

Zagar on his day is a joy to watch , especially around the NSS , admittedly a little inconsistent at times

But he is a genuine No 1

And on a 7.48 average why wouldnt you want him back ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

Zagar would undoubtedly improve his average, which was achieved at a time when heat leaders had more difficult races than under the present format. I am also sure that our present owners will only meet the financial demands of any rider if they make commercial sense.

I agree that it is very sad that George Carswell also seems no longer to be seen at the NSS. Again, I can perhaps understand why but many fans will know what he has put into the club both financially and by giving his time and would be delighted to see him.

• Like 3

Bjerre said a few weeks ago that he may have to decide between Denmark and the UK but that living here would be a factor in favour of the UK.

Good news about Zagar. I hope he signs for Belle Vue.

Maybe I don't understand the POL rule correctly.

I thought if you were POL EXL you could ride max 3 leagues INL POL EXL and your National League (Bjerre is a Dane yes). Same with NKI.

Both may live mainly in UK but both are Danish nationals right ?? So my understanding was POL/SWE (as both have signed there) plus only DK or if they want to ride UK they would have to drop SWE which we know no chance due to money involved.

Therefore if you are going to try and get around it by declaring UK residence then should they also NOT be incl in Hans Nielsen's Danish National Team as they have been declared in 2018 and should now be in UK Team.

Not being cynical or sarcastic but I thought the rule was 3 leagues INCL your Nationality League not where you reside due to say relationships.

Ok you could say what about the Aussies but the authorities deemed that as Aussie does not have league racing and as most Aussies reside in UK due to it being a different hemisphere they would allow Aussies to nominate Uk as a National League.

Or is my understanding wrong ??

Hougaard was not as impressive at the NSS last year as in 2016. That may change if he was in the team as he has said it is a track he enjoys riding but I would be open to any better suggestions to fill that second string role.

What about Lasse Bjerre in place of Hougaard ?,

What about Lasse Bjerre in place of Hougaard ?,

I would be happy with either of them. Lasse had some good meetings at the NSS last year and would fit within the 42.50.

It's a shame we couldn't keep Kenneth Bjerre.He was our best rider at the NSS and clearly enjoyed riding there. Cook was our best rider away and being forced to choose between them it has to be Craig because of his long term commitment.

• Like 1