British Speedway Forum

Seems to me its a choice between Stevie W and Rohan ?

Tough decision

Zagar 7.48

Bates 5.52

Fricke 7.39

Worrall. 6.77

Cook. 8.45

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2.00

Would not touch Bates with a barge Pole... leave him at Sheffield

Fair enough , looks a decent rider to me ?

Bates is very good at building speed on fast tracks, dont think hed take long to get dialled in at nss, would be a good rider for Belle Vue.

Still think its a shame no one seems to be considering Jacobs....quality at the nss

• Like 1

Bates is very good at building speed on fast tracks, dont think hed take long to get dialled in at nss, would be a good rider for Belle Vue.

Still think its a shame no one seems to be considering Jacobs....quality at the nss

Regarding Joe , with Dan Bewley and Jack Smith almost certain starters in 2018 ,

It would be difficult to fit Joe in and retain a strong line up ,

• Like 1

Regarding Joe , with Dan Bewley and Jack Smith almost certain starters in 2018 ,

It would be difficult to fit Joe in and retain a strong line up ,

Got to agree with you, apart from 1 aces fan that I can think off, the rest of us took to Joe, his improvement was great, but sadly he couldn't match it away from the NSS. This would cost the team to many lost points away from home in 2018, points the rest of the team would find hard to find.

• Like 2

A bit of a left field team

Cook 8.45

Kerr 5.06

Fricke 7.43

Holder 7.16

Zagar 7.43

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Seems to me its a choice between Stevie W and Rohan ?

Tough decision

Zagar 7.48

Bates 5.52

Fricke 7.39

Worrall. 6.77

Cook. 8.45

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2.00

For me, Tungate would be just about the first name down for the team.

Many of his home performances were brilliant last season and the way he scored his points was equally as good.

Haven't seen a better potential line up than Aces 51's and that must be a very real possibility.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Does the 2.5% reduction still apply for Bewley and Smith?

Yes think so

Think the BV side is fairly obvious. No place for Worrall as Tungate is dynamite around the NSS.

1. Cook

2. Zagar

3. Fricke

4. Tungate

5. L. Bjerre or Hougaard

6. Bewley

7. J. Smith

• Like 1

Think the BV side is fairly obvious. No place for Worrall as Tungate is dynamite around the NSS.

1. Cook

2. Zagar

3. Fricke

4. Tungate

5. L. Bjerre or Hougaard

6. Bewley

7. J. Smith

I dont think those sides are great they could put together better sides than that.

A bit of a left field team

Cook 8.45

Kerr 5.06

Fricke 7.43

Holder 7.16

Zagar 7.43

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2

Only 3 SGP stars - surely you can do better? :wink:

Zagar, Hougaard/Bjerre, Fricke, Tungate, Cook, Bewley and Smith looks a very strong team to me. Three strong heat leaders who all know the BV track better than most, two of which will be regular GP stars next year. Two solid second string riders, with one of them being consistently brilliant around the NSS. One very exciting reserve who is getting better and better. The only real uncertainty I guess is around Jack, and even he improved a lot towards the back end of last season.

I think Zagar, Fricke, Tungate and even Bewley are all steals on their averages.

Edited by TheOpinion
  • Like 1

I dont think those sides are great they could put together better sides than that.

Agree that they could put a better side together but this is what they will have.

Cook is BV through and through. Bewley isn't going anywhere, Tungate is dynamite around the NSS, Fricke will be staying due to the Mark Lemon connection.

Leave 3 spots

Need a No.7 are BV going to go for a new No.7 or will they stick with Smith who got better towards the end of the year. Obvious to me.

Zagar wants a British return and he loves BV bargain buy imo especially after last season. Which leaves 1 spot.

Agree that they could put a better side together but this is what they will have.

Cook is BV through and through. Bewley isn't going anywhere, Tungate is dynamite around the NSS, Fricke will be staying due to the Mark Lemon connection.

Leave 3 spots

Need a No.7 are BV going to go for a new No.7 or will they stick with Smith who got better towards the end of the year. Obvious to me.

Zagar wants a British return and he loves BV bargain buy imo especially after last season. Which leaves 1 spot.

Lasse Bjerre or Hougaard would be ideal for that last remaining spot ,

Aces would be hard pressed to put a much stronger team than that out if Im honest

Really ? , I don't think we could build a much stronger side than that , considering the rule changes

Edited by WestGorton1884