British Speedway Forum

Your team totals 40.18 pts leaving a massive 2.18 to use, why use a rider with a 4.68 ave when we could use someone up to 7. L Bjerre 6.10...Paddy H 6.09... KK 6.86...... R Lawson (who also flies round the NSS 6.43 )

I recon Auty is certainly better than Lawson around Belle Vue and myself am not keen on Hougaard or Bjerre.

Would Barker not be an option for BV - seems to like it?

Expect Ben to be back at Rye.

Kk at nss is surely a game changer.....

KK has a history of letting his clubs down

Not for me

• Like 1

I would take KK for sure. Still a quality rider, on an average he can definitely improve on. He's done well around the NSS before too. I still say this team is good...

Cook
King
Kasprzak
Tungate
Fricke
Bewley
Smith

King flies around our track too. Cook, Fricke, Tungate and Bewley are no brainers.

Or perhaps...

Cook

Kasprzak

Przedpelski

Palm Toft

Fricke

Bewley

Smith

Getting two Poles in, plus MPT is fairly popular around BV after a good season with us a few years back, and has been pretty great a few times when he's visited the new place too. I still find it hard to imagine them letting Tungate go though, given how good his home form was this year.

Edited by TheOpinion
  • Like 1

KK has a history of letting his clubs down

Not for me

Sacked by Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside, Birmingham.

The ultimate let down.

• Like 1

TheOpinion, your first team is awesome, in my opinion.

Agree.Not sure on if it fits,but if it does :t:Could see King and/or MPT at Lynn in 2018 I think..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Sadly, Jack Smith won't be in a team that wins the title, unless there is seriously improvement on his part.

Sadly, Jack Smith won't be in a team that wins the title, unless there is seriously improvement on his part.

Why? What u hope when u build a team is that riders can maintain or improve their average. He fits that category. He only needs to take 3 rides, so having a low averages number 7 is the optimal team building strategy.
  • Like 4

....as long as the opposing team isn't built with two 4 or 5 point reserves!!

• Like 1

Leicester and Somerset had 4/5 point reserves this season and look where it got them. It’s doubtful that many more teams would choose such reserves. Regardless, Smith rode against them this season and achieved 1.7 so with that experience he should achieve 2 next season.

Sacked by Coventry (twice), Poole, Lakeside, Birmingham.

The ultimate let down.

He also let Belle Vue down when it really mattered. Only a matter of time before he screws Rye over if they retain him.

If you have 4 & 5 point riders at reserve with the top rider taking one of the lower reserves rides you get, if they rider to their average 9.25 (6.25 + 3)

If you have 2 & 7 point riders at reserve with the top rider taking one of the lower reserves rides you get, if they rider to their average 10.25 (8.75+ 1.50)

I dont think clubs would spend 9 points at reserve but whatever the figures the maths show a two pointer is the way to go.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1