British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Or more likely a Rocket???

Hopefully

• Like 1

I don’t know if there are any issues regarding the track but if we think about who of last years seven have signed for other premiership teams then maybe that is a clue.

Its looking likely to be last years team apart from K Bjerre , plus a 7 pointer ?

7 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Any idea when the Aces will announce any 2018 signings??

Late January even early February  

Nothing this year anyway 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Nothing this year anyway 

That’s a shame, would have liked to see who they were going to line up with (that goes for all teams not just the Aces).

16 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Nothing this year anyway 

Never used to be this late with our other promoters by now we knew most if not all of the team and we used to get a reduced offer if we bought our season ticket before xmas.I find it hard to understand the reason for leaving it this late I am sure that they will have most if not all the team sorted by now.The way its going by the end of January most if not all teams will have been announced and by looking at who as signed for who we will have a very good idea who will be signing for us anyway.

eg we all read that Kasprzac was coming over to sort out a contract.So by the end of Jan if he is named by another team its not us if not we will have a good idea he has signed for us and if that is the case by then naming him in late Jan/Feb would lose the impact it would have had naming him now.(Like I said just an eg I have no idea at this stage who he has signed for).

Edited by B.V 72

Can't imagine why there is no word on the team next year.  Would be surprised if it's not the same as last year except a replacement for Kenneth.  I'd favour bringing Paddy Hougaard back, doesn't seem to be featuring in  Somerset's possible team combinations.

Thanks Phil, that makes sense.

14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WORD on the street has been that BV are waiting on the outcome of negotiations for a TV deal and how that affects their budget. 

So while all the other teams are filling up their team places riders like Fricke and Bewley are just waiting to see if Belle vue can afford to have them back next year and could end up with no team place.Those two would be snapped up in an instant if they got fed up with waiting and said they were interested in a team place by most other clubs.If they are waiting for the TV deal they are playing a dangerous game after the last few years if they field a poor side the crowds would drop big time. I m o.

If no TV deal I fear 2018 could be the last season in that stadium. 

Team will be built on a shoestring budget and so the crowds will be down to the bare minimum.

Crowds were shocking last year really for how well the team did and how great the racing was, so if they drop even further I can’t see how it will be sustainable???

So lets all pray that a TV deal is sorted or we could be the next team in a long line that can’t afford to run anymore 

Edited by Bradford Ace

I never understand this negativity. There's no reason to think that the team won't be competitive, has anyone from last year signed yet  for anyone else in the UK. It's good for the future that they're waiting to see what money is going to be available. Better that than spend more than they can afford. As for crowds, the new promoters were pleased with the numbers last year as something to build on and say they have ideas to again improve the speedway experience this year. Can anyone say that losing Zagar, a GP rider,  caused a drop in crowd levels last year, not that I saw. True supporters will go to the NSS for the brilliant racing and newbies haven't a clue who most of the stars are. They will come back if it's an enjoyable experience not because someone they've never heard of is riding. Anyway, if we do want to try to draw them in because of a GP rider I'm fairly sure we'll have Cookie.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2