British Speedway Forum

From my reading of this, Aces 2018 will be

Cook    8.45
Tungate    6.18    

S Worrall    6.77
Fricke    7.39
Bewley    4.71
Smith    2.00

Leaving 7.00.  Do they splash the cash on a new 7.00 International rider, or with no TV deal find a cheaper option. Kennett, Lahti, Hougaard many options... as yet unsigned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col said:

From my reading of this, Aces 2018 will be

Cook    8.45
Tungate    6.18    

S Worrall    6.77
Fricke    7.39
Bewley    4.71
Smith    2.00

Leaving 7.00.  Do they splash the cash on a new 7.00 International rider, or with no TV deal find a cheaper option. Kennett, Lahti, Hougaard many options... as yet unsigned.

I'm hoping its the first option , Przedpelski could be a option ?

It would make sense to get a polish rider in to try and tempt a few more through the gate. There were a few polish fans who turned up to the SGB individual meeting so it is worth a try, plus the stadium is nice enough that they might want to come back. I can understand the desire of the management team to be cautious though and I'm not going to worry whilst 'our' riders aren't turning up in other clubs 1-7. Cook can't really go anywhere else (not that makes any kind of sense), the only one I think might not come back is Max.

7 hours ago, Notenoughnerve said:

What happened to the permanent terracing and facilities along the back straight that was talked of being completed this winter? Anybody ITK?

With things being as they are I suspect they don't want to invest any further money into the stadium at the minute.

23 hours ago, Aces High said:

It would make sense to get a polish rider in to try and tempt a few more through the gate. There were a few polish fans who turned up to the SGB individual meeting so it is worth a try, plus the stadium is nice enough that they might want to come back. I can understand the desire of the management team to be cautious though and I'm not going to worry whilst 'our' riders aren't turning up in other clubs 1-7. Cook can't really go anywhere else (not that makes any kind of sense), the only one I think might not come back is Max.

If we lose Max  that would  be a body blow regarding team building , especially on a 7.39 average 

7 hours ago, Notenoughnerve said:

What happened to the permanent terracing and facilities along the back straight that was talked of being completed this winter? Anybody ITK?

Not sure ?, its looking like the 'temporary'  terrace will be there for a few more seasons yet ?

8 hours ago, Notenoughnerve said:

The temp stands ate staying for a while yet but behind the stand will be much improved next year 

Cook

Worrall

Tungate

E riss

Fricke

Bewley

NOT

2 strong reserves which is the route I now heard we will go 

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Cook

Worrall

Tungate

E riss

Fricke

Bewley

NOT

NOT?? 

39 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Cook

Worrall

Tungate

E riss

Fricke

Bewley

NOT

3.25 or 3.36 if Bewley gets a reduction will not get you a reserve that is that much better than Smith.

Hougaard(B V asset) or L Bjerre and Smith is the stronger choice I can't see Riss coming any cheaper than those two and Smith has a lot of potential to improve and has become a fans favourite leaving him out would leave a good few fan disappointed.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, B.V 72 said:

3.25 or 3.36 if Bewley gets a reduction will not get you a reserve that is that much better than Smith.

Hougaard or L Bjerre and Smith is the stronger choice I can't see Riss coming any cheaper than those two and Smith has become a fans favourite leaving him out would leave a good few fan disappointed.

Agreed, Smith showed enough improvement towards the end of the season to suggest he would be better this year. Dan will take five rides so I don't see how this makes sense.

35 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

NOT?? 

Sorry MPT, but it doesn' fit anyway