British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

3.25 or 3.36 if Bewley gets a reduction will not get you a reserve that is that much better than Smith.

Hougaard(B V asset) or L Bjerre and Smith is the stronger choice I can't see Riss coming any cheaper than those two and Smith has a lot of potential to improve and has become a fans favourite leaving him out would leave a good few fan disappointed.

I agree.

If we keep 5 of last year’s team and not Smith it leaves us 9 points.

So if we get another rsv at say 4.5 it will only leave us with the same for someone who would be a 2nd string.

think it would be more beneficial to have Smithy on  2 and then someone on 6+ like a Hougaard, L Bjerre or say Charles Wright. Smith will presumably be riding for the Colts again so more good track experience for him which should help him up his average.

Edited by Bradford Ace
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

I agree.

If we keep 5 of last year’s team and not Smith it leaves us 9 points.

So if we get another rsv at say 4.5 it will only leave us with the same for someone who would be a 2nd string.

think it would be more beneficial to have Smithy on  2 and then someone on 6+ like a Hougaard, L Bjerre or say Charles Wright. Smith will presumably be riding for the Colts again so more good track experience for him which should help him up his average.

Wright makes it clear in an article in last weeks Star that he will be back at Somerset.

I Bewley gets a reduction to say   3.36 

That would open up a few more options to keep 6 from last year and just  replace Kenny B

Hans Andersen 7.75

Kim Nilsson 7.13 

Chris Holder 7.16

34 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I Bewley gets a reduction to say   3.36 

That would open up a few more options to keep 6 from last year and just  replace Kenny B

Hans Andersen 7.75

Kim Nilsson 7.13 

Chris Holder 7.16

I only picked the sport back up again last season. Does anyone mind explaining how reductions work and why Bewley might get one? 

1 hour ago, Aces High said:

I only picked the sport back up again last season. Does anyone mind explaining how reductions work and why Bewley might get one? 

To be honest , Ive no idea myself ? 

1 hour ago, Aces High said:

You get a 2.5% reduction on your average for your first 3 years out of national league. 2018 will be his 3rd year in the professional league so he gets 1 last reduction. Think his average after reduction will be around 4.27 or around there anyway 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

You get a 2.5% reduction on your average for your first 3 years out of national league. 2018 will be his 3rd year in the professional league so he gets 1 last reduction. Think his average after reduction will be around 4.27 or around there anyway 

Thank you. Assuming that this was done to help riders establish themselves in the top league that actually makes sense.

Looks like our 90th Anniversary Meeting is going to be on Saturday 24th March. The longest continuously running speedway team in the world.

• Like 4

On 21/12/2017 at 3:41 PM, Aces High said:

You get a 2.5% reduction on your average for your first 3 years out of national league. 2018 will be his 3rd year in the professional league so he gets 1 last reduction. Think his average after 

A MESSAGE FROM ADRIAN SMITH 

As we are all about to start the festive period, on behalf of all the team at Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd I would like to wish all our supporters a Wonderful Christmas and a very Happy and Successful New Year.

Since the end of our first season, we have been reviewing all aspects of the supporters experience and have been working on plans to improve that experience in 2018 and beyond. 

2018 will be a season to look forward to as we celebrate the 90th year of speedway running at Belle Vue in Manchester.  We are looking forward to providing further details of our plans in the New Year.  

We will also announce details of the 2018 prices and how you can buy season tickets in January. 

Most importantly, our Director of Speedway Mark Lemon has been working on the team plans for the Belle Vue Aces and has supported our Colts team managers, Graham and Steve with the team building for the Belle Vue Colts.  

Keep a look out in January as we make some very exciting team announcements 

In the meantime, some dates for the diary:

• 90th Anniversary Meeting - Saturday 24th March.  Details to follow
  • Fans Forum - Wednesday 21st February.   Further details on how to obtain free tickets for this  event will be provided in the new year.
  • An event with Tatum & Pearson – Wednesday 7th February.  Tickets £10 and are available via www.sportstalkevents.co.uk

The Speedway office is now closed until the 2nd January 2018

Once again, have a great Christmas and Happy New Year

All the best

Adrian

• Like 2

90 years wow !! 

As the old saying goes ,  even Hitler couldn't stop the Aces ! :)

Edited by WestGorton1884

I didn't realise it was 90 years :blink:

It's always good to hear something positive from your club :t: .

• Like 1

Maybe it'll be a great night to celebrate 90 years of the Aces, maybe it will be on a par with the Grand Opening of the NSS.

13 hours ago, Col said:

Maybe it'll be a great night to celebrate 90 years of the Aces, maybe it will be on a par with the Grand Opening of the NSS.

you having a laugh compared to you dog bowl  worry about ladbrookes being bought out by gala bingo ?

• Like 1