British Speedway Forum

Can’t imagine a Belle Vue team without Cooky in it, especially as his average will be a bit lower for team building purposes also.

Would have loved Zagar back on his last proper average but not on the new assessed one of 9.00.

Presumed KL would be getting NKI or Lindgren as their No1 and would be surprised if they opted for Zagar??

Edited by Bradford Ace

7 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

ZAGAR or COOK

Seems they are very close to each.other in what they are looking for in wages and whichever one Aces sign then the other could be at Kings Lynn so which one would Aces fans prefer ?

Zagar spoken to. But won' be coming. Costs to much. Cook is 100% nailed on. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't the one over 8 rule would mean that it would be almost impossible for Cook to ride in the UK if we don't pick him up? I can't imagine him not being here, but that puts the club in the stronger negotiating position. I guess that any delay is purely due to numbers with Cookie quite within his rights to want to get paid like a number one but the club being careful not to overspend and offering somewhere in between what he was on last year and whatever Kenny was on.

If we go with last years team less Kenneth, it would mean the most important signing would be the rider who takes up the last place in the team. Looking at the averages it appears that we would have something near 7.00 points to play with, and looking at the averages of riders yet to sign, it doesn't look as though there are any left who would improve on their current average. 

So we will have to wait to see if there are any surprises to come.

11 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

ZAGAR or COOK

Seems they are very close to each.other in what they are looking for in wages and whichever one Aces sign then the other could be at Kings Lynn so which one would Aces fans prefer ?

it's a no brainer, Cook bleeds Belle Vue.

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Richie Worrall fits now that his average has allegedly been reduced.

No thanks. 

One of the slowest riders round the NSS. Did ok for us last time at away tracks but was poor at home, similar to Nicholls was. 

With the 7 points or so that we should have left (providing the 6 from last year are back) we can sign far better riders than that.

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, ouch said:

Does anyone know where Richie Worrall gets his 7.26 average from?

He only averaged 6.27 with Poole but maybe with him only riding seven meetings he didn’t earn a new average. Saying that though Max Clegg got a new 2.00 figure after only four meetings for Wolves. 
If they deem Richie to not have ridden enough PL meetings then his average should be a conversation of his CL average which was 8.52. Divide that by 1.2 gives 7.10 or by 1.3 gives 6.55.
I know it might be the Belle Vue thing and they have even put Con next to his average such is the subtly of the powers that be. 

I’d be interested in an answer. 

Get in touch with the Lakeside promotion as they, even though it is their first year in the Championship, seem to know or adapt the rules better than other teams to get riders on their lowest averages(from 2016) even though they have a 2017 average.

Still, nobody knows how though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

No thanks. 

One of the slowest riders round the NSS. Did ok for us last time at away tracks but was poor at home, similar to Nicholls was. 

With the 7 points or so that we should have left (providing the 6 from last year are back) we can sign far better riders than that.

Pawel Przedpelski , surely he'd be a revelation around the NSS ?

12 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Pawel Przedpelski , surely he'd be a revelation around the NSS ?

Good shout on 7.0 but without TV money I suppose it all comes down to cost. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory by missing meetings for Leicester after his crash whilst continuing to ride in Poland (unless I am missing a part of the story of course). 

2 hours ago, Aces High said:

Good shout on 7.0 but without TV money I suppose it all comes down to cost. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory by missing meetings for Leicester after his crash whilst continuing to ride in Poland (unless I am missing a part of the story of course). 

Leicester carried on using the facility for him knowing he wasn't risking further injury and Torun had important matches ahead

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aces High said:

Torun issued a statement that he wasn't allowed to fly due to the risk of blood clots after his surgery - but was ok to continue racing on the continent!!!!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Torun issued a statement that he wasn't allowed to fly due to the risk of blood clots after his surgery - but was ok to continue racing on the continent!!!!

Makes sense about the blood clots. Not sure getting on a speedway bike is the best thing you could do either though!!! Fair play to him for getting back on the bike so soon after the surgery then.

There won' be jack smith next year. His mam confirmed this on aces fans page 

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

There won' be jack smith next year. His mam confirmed this on aces fans page 

Not back for Aces only or Colts also? In fairness most sides are lining up stronger at reserve this year than the previous season. It might be a benefit for Jack to focus on the lower 2 tiers for another year and avoid burnout. I have little doubt he will be back at the top level again soon.

• Like 1