British Speedway Forum

He was a bit out of his depth in the top league but he did show some signs of improvement and I hope he is back for the Colts at least. Bit concerned that our 1-5 is going to be a bit weak now, we only really need someone to take three rides.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not back for Aces only or Colts also? In fairness most sides are lining up stronger at reserve this year than the previous season. It might be a benefit for Jack to focus on the lower 2 tiers for another year and avoid burnout. I have little doubt he will be back at the top level again soon.

Just the aces. He' back for Colts 

• Like 2

To be fair to Jack , Sheffield and the NL for the Colts could be a good springboard for him in 2018.

he has the talent but neeeds to take things steadily.

I do hope that he is in Belle Vue’s long term future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

To be fair to Jack , Sheffield and the NL for the Colts could be a good springboard for him in 2018.

he has the talent but neeeds to take things steadily.

I do hope that he is in Belle Vue’s long term future.

In fairness to Jack he made great progress in 2017.

Went from reserve in 2016 to heat leader in 2017 in the NL and has gained valuable experience at the 2 higher levels as well.

Think he should concentrate targeting number one at the Colts and  moving up into the main body in the Championship. Can see him back in the top tier in a couple of years. 

Nice little talent developing nicely. 

• Like 2

Sad to hear this afternoon that there will be no place in the 2018 side for Jack Smith.

I really like his attitude, despite finding points hard to come by at times, he never threw the towel in. Even after a difficult meeting at the NSS, he would front up at the after match press confidence,  making clear his desire to improve & re-stating his pride in wearing the Ace on his chest. Not only that,  after the dreadful finger injury he suffered in the crash at Swindon, he was determined come back for the finale to the season & did so, in both Aces & Colts colours, & rode well.

Sincerely hope he leads the Colts in 2018 & finds a place in the Aces team again in the near future. He displays the fighting qualities I want to see in a rider in my team, I for one wish him well. :approve:

• Like 2

Could we see a new eastern European rider Grace the famous bib next year 

One thing Aces fans can be sure of, Rphan Tungate and Max Fricke are winning meetings for fur Down Under right now.      Bang in form for the Aussie Title series starting this weekend.

• Like 1

Cook          8.45

L.Bjerre.     6.10

Worrall.      6.77

Tungate     6.18

Fricke         7.39

Bewley.      4.55

?

James Shanes  -  2.95 maybe ??

I'd certainly like him if he doesn't go to Poole.

16 hours ago, Uluru said:

One thing Aces fans can be sure of, Rphan Tungate and Max Fricke are winning meetings for fur Down Under right now.      Bang in form for the Aussie Title series starting this weekend.

Is Tungate still rocking his Aces Kevlars like in the GP? :lol:

16 hours ago, Uluru said:

One thing Aces fans can be sure of, Rphan Tungate and Max Fricke are winning meetings for fur Down Under right now. 

Kangaroo skins per chance!!

• Like 1

What average do eastern European riders come in on that have never rode here. We've signed one apparently 

Edited by Phil The Ace

That would be brilliant for you james and dan at reserve hope not being a poole supporter

Sounds good Phil and will be good watching the development.  Which country is he from, do you know?  Interesting suggestion of James Shanes at reserve!

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

What average do eastern European riders come in on that have never rode here. We've igned one apparently 

6.50 apparently.  That is what it appears as though Pieszczek will start on for the Lions.