British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, Gavan said:

People missing the point entirely.

Joe Jacobs needed to do 2 leagues not one so Belle Vue didnt take him on its as simple as that!!

As for Shovlar talking about loyalty do us a favour and keep your mouth closed, Howarth, Newman, Ellis to name but 3 and now have an asset inPerks they dont wnat and would rather get in a Pole.........but thats ok beacuse its Poole hypocrite

Add Starke to that list as well.

47 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Anyone know what Dan's average will be ?

I've heard 4.71 & 4.59.

Which is correct ??

Thanks Phil.

That makes things more interesting with 4.12 for the last position.

14 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of what relevance are his home scores when he wouldn't be riding for Belle Vue?

There is only one team where it makes any sense whatsoever in signing Jacobs, that is Belle Vue. However, they kicked him into touch.

If you kept up with this topic you would see how 2 posters were saying Jacob was no good, one of them (the one with many different names) posted his away scores, I evened it up by posting his home scores 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of course it doesn't end there.

As you say he was brilliant at the NSS but to be frank at some away tracks he beyond struggled and at times looked like he'd never rode a bike before. It's for that reason why I suspect many promoters were reluctant to take him back.

Let's face it, if Belle Vue haven't signed him 2 years running, on a track where he is superb, he's hardly likely to be picked up by others.

The only reason I can come up with is averages, last season after numbers 1-6 were sorted we only had room for a 2 pointer. Same again this season with young Jack, to keep Jack would mean not utilising all our points.

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wolves could have signed him as he rode for them a couple of seasons ago. Frankly its disgraceful they didn’t. He is out of a team because Wolves or Belle Vue didn’t offer him a team place. A disgrace!

And to think Wolves could have given a spot to Jacobs instead of Jonny Foreigner Heeps. Talk about wolves not looking after British riders!

Is that the Jonny foreigner Heeps who has British parents and British patriality?????

Im sure Poole will bomb Shanes out .....cant have a young brit there for to long now

It’s a professional league not a league for only British riders, no one wanted perks or Jacobs in a team it’s bad luck, I would rather pay money to see good racing from world class riders instead of paying money to see British guys put in a team so they can be looked after its total non sense, that’s why British speedway is going down hill very fast due to being so poor, we want the best riders riding and that’s it.

Edited by Speedway3456

56 minutes ago, hyderd said:

If you kept up with this topic you would see how 2 posters were saying Jacob was no good, one of them (the one with many different names) posted his away scores, I evened it up by posting his home scores 

I know, I've been following the thread.

It doesn't even it out at all though does it. It demonstrates what has been said, he is good at one track. So he quite simply isn't a viable signing for any club other than Belle Vue. In other words, to every other club he is.. no good.

50 minutes ago, hyderd said:

The only reason I can come up with is averages, last season after numbers 1-6 were sorted we only had room for a 2 pointer. Same again this season with young Jack, to keep Jack would mean not utilising all our points.

Totally agree with this and can understand why he hasn't fitted into Belle Vue. It's a reality though any other top flight club would have to be insane to sign him.

I mentioned earlier the only solution in a case like this is to have one average if he signed for Belle Vue and another if he joined another club.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

People missing the point entirely.

Joe Jacobs needed to do 2 leagues

This is another issue that is becoming more prevalent. It didn't used to be the case.

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I know, I've been following the thread.

It doesn't even it out at all though does it. It demonstrates what has been said, he is good at one track. So he quite simply isn't a viable signing for any club other than Belle Vue. In other words, to every other club he is.. no good.

When he rode for Wolves his home average was 4.36 and away 4.34.

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

Thanks Phil.

That makes things more interesting with 4.12 for the last position.

Don' get to excited for our no7;)

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wolves could have signed him as he rode for them a couple of seasons ago. Frankly its disgraceful they didn’t. He is out of a team because Wolves or Belle Vue didn’t offer him a team place. A disgrace!

And to think Wolves could have given a spot to Jacobs instead of Jonny Foreigner Heeps. Talk about wolves not looking after British riders!

There's no comparison to be made between Heaps and Jacobs, Heeps is a far superior rider.

The last time Jacobs rode at Wolves for Belle Vue in 2016 he looked like a mdl rider, he was dreadful, scoring just 4 points from 3 meetings, one of those gifted after Howarth fell. The last time Heeps rode at Wolves for Somerset he scored 7 points in 1 meeting

Which one would you choose?

48 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

When he rode for Wolves his home average was 4.36 and away 4.34.

Irrelevant as a totally different format.

29 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

There's no comparison to be made between Heaps and Jacobs, Heeps is a far superior rider.

The last time Jacobs rode at Wolves for Belle Vue in 2016 he looked like a mdl rider, he was dreadful, scoring just 4 points from 3 meetings, one of those gifted after Howarth fell. The last time Heeps rode at Wolves for Somerset he scored 7 points in 1 meeting

Which one would you choose?

Steve agrees with you, he's just pointing out the nonsense Stevebrum is talking regarding Perks.