British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue are clearly going to be one of the stronger teams in the league and with Tungate and Worrall officially named by the club and Drozdz and Fricke released by Wroclaw, they have a solid backbone of the team there leaving just three places and two likley to be reserves.

Dan Bewley is obviously going to be named soon and there are rumours around about a few riders around four points joining him at reserve. That leaves just the number one slot and Craig Cook is the obvious name but surely he would have been secured before Christmas or is there anything in the stories his demands are more than others who could fill that role.

Matej Zagar made it clear he would like to return and would only be on a 8.00 average while Jaroslaw Hampel has been looking at coming back as he looks to get back to the form that made him World #2 before injuries. 

Pretty sure it will be Craig Cook at 1 but if it isn't they are pretty good names on the waiting list and even Freddie Lindgren as he returns to fitness after a serious injury during his best season so far. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Great signing getting the Aussie champ and on a great low average , nearly 2 points lower than the rider he pipped to the title, plus he flies round the NSS.

Belle Vue team shaping up very nicely

Constant sniping dont you ever stop,boring zzzzzzzzz change the bloody record!!!!

pleased with Rowan coming back, make the NSS a fortress, pick up some points on the road = P/Offs again......................................................................hopefully

1 hour ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Constant sniping dont you ever stop,boring zzzzzzzzz change the bloody record!!!!

please tell me where i have sniped at anyone??

oh sorry your a Poole fan so yes you quite precious i guess.

Tungate is on a good average as a second string if he is capable of beating a rider who is 2 points better off riding as a number one..............no sniping just an observation 

44 minutes ago, Gavan said:

please tell me where i have sniped at anyone??

oh sorry your a Poole fan so yes you quite precious i guess.

Tungate is on a good average as a second string if he is capable of beating a rider who is 2 points better off riding as a number one..............no sniping just an observation 

Constant sniping comments about Brady constantly comparing him 2 every tom dick and Harry!!,look at Davey Watt last yr Aussie championships dont mean a thing everyone thought he was a steal on a converted average of 7ish and didnt average 3 so your point about tungate and brady means didly squat !!!!!

5 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Constant sniping comments about Brady constantly comparing him 2 every tom dick and Harry!!,look at Davey Watt last yr Aussie championships dont mean a thing everyone thought he was a steal on a converted average of 7ish and didnt average 3 so your point about tungate and brady means didly squat !!!!!

ah bless

Just highlighting the point that Tungate is on a good average. Kurtz looks like he should be on a good average so if Tungate is 2 points lower looks even better.

And your lord and master Shovlar says that we can use Poland as a guide to Brady being better than Morris but then says we cant use Australia as a guide to Tungate and Kurtz. Love to pick and choose to try and suit an argument

very touchy down Dorset way 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

ah bless

Just highlighting the point that Tungate is on a good average. Kurtz looks like he should be on a good average so if Tungate is 2 points lower looks even better.

very touchy down Dorset way 

Why dont u highlight ur pointless points in the Ipswich thread!! 

And discuss about how your massive chumps from last year,and how you will be again this yr lol 

Wonder who came up with this idea to drip feed the Aces line up ?

Because its ridiculous , we all more or less know the remaining 5 riders just announce them FFS 

Edited by WestGorton1884

3 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Belle Vue are clearly going to be one of the stronger teams in the league and with Tungate and Worrall officially named by the club and Drozdz and Fricke released by Wroclaw, they have a solid backbone of the team there leaving just three places and two likley to be reserves.

Dan Bewley is obviously going to be named soon and there are rumours around about a few riders around four points joining him at reserve. That leaves just the number one slot and Craig Cook is the obvious name but surely he would have been secured before Christmas or is there anything in the stories his demands are more than others who could fill that role.

Matej Zagar made it clear he would like to return and would only be on a 8.00 average while Jaroslaw Hampel has been looking at coming back as he looks to get back to the form that made him World #2 before injuries. 

Pretty sure it will be Craig Cook at 1 but if it isn't they are pretty good names on the waiting list and even Freddie Lindgren as he returns to fitness after a serious injury during his best season so far. 

COOK later this week

1 minute ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Wonder who came up with this idea to drip feed the Aces line up ?

Because its ridiculous , we all more or less know the remaining 5 riders , just announce them FFS  !!

JUST about all tracks are making a pig's ear of announcements but then the BSPA are no better

• Like 1

Let me guess the order the  remaining riders will be 'revealed' 

Cook ,Fricke ,Bewley ,our new reserve ( Etheridge ?  ) 

And Last but not least ,our new Polish youngster Damian Drodz  !!!  , bet none of you saw that coming  eh?:)

• Haha 1

It's annoying, and seems silly, but it is the best way to do it because of how twitter and facebook newsfeeds work. 

Announcing the team in one go would get lost in the news feed on the day it is published. If it is split out into 7 stories (or 14 as they seem to be doing a post the day before about an announcement) that continue to generate likes and comments over a period of time far more people are likely to see at least one of the announcements that way. Other than the one reserve we all know the team anyway.

Like many I want to know the full team but I can understand the drip feed approach. Last week the announcement of Worrall resulted in a sizeable article in the local press. This week's announcements will probably do likewise and so will the remaining announcements. From the clubs point of view that is much more publicity than they would have received from announcing everyone at once.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Like many I want to know the full team but I can understand the drip feed approach. Last week the announcement of Worrall resulted in a sizeable article in the local press. This week's announcements will probably do likewise and so will the remaining announcements. From the clubs point of view that is much more publicity than they would have received from announcing everyone at once.

Exactly why Matt Ford came out and said it’s stupid from a club perspective to announce like Ipswich. 

Belle Vue being very sensible. Just pity about a breakdown between Sparta and the club. 

• Like 1