British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

we have been very loyal to Holder in the past and good to have him back.

But you let him go for KK

Newman, Ellis prime examples of a lack of loyalty. 

I agree that loyalty doesnt make you successful but Poole are one of the worst when it comes to loyalty

Just now, Gavan said:

But you let him go for KK

Newman, Ellis prime examples of a lack of loyalty. 

I agree that loyalty doesnt make you successful but Poole are one of the worst when it comes to loyalty

No you are right but loyalty also does not always win you league titles. At times you need to be ruthless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Where was their loyalty?

Swindon signed a rider on a ridiculous average (Doyle) and they kept Morris who had a poor year the previous season.  That's loyalty and I believe both would still be riding for Swindon this year if the BSPA conference hadn't voted for the ridiculous one over 8 rule.

Not to mention Ellis - who had a poor start and was kept in the team!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 4

What loyalty does achieve is continuity and many fans like to be able to identify with their team over a number of seasons, one of the reasons why the sport was popular in the 70's. Even better if you can retain a good level of local British riders and especially those who have progressed through the ranks from novice upwards. Of course loyalty has to be tempered with building good teams and fitting into the points limits but BelleVue have shown both historically and in recent seasons that it can be done.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

No you are right but loyalty also does not always win you league titles. At times you need to be ruthless.

Correct at times you do need to be ruthless.

But Swindon won the league by retaining Doyle on a high average and kept Morris after a poor season and showed a lot of faith in Ellis

8 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

What loyalty does achieve is continuity and many fans like to be able to identify with their team over a number of seasons, one of the reasons why the sport was popular in the 70's. Even better if you can retain a good level of local British riders and especially those who have progressed through the ranks from novice upwards. Of course loyalty has to be tempered with building good teams and fitting into the points limits but BelleVue have shown both historically and in recent seasons that it can be done.

Agreed and I am sure that some fans and local sponsors have given up because of the chopping and changing of riders each season.  Years ago many youngsters used to wear race jackets with their favorite riders name on, but you hardly ever see it now as a favourite rider this year is riding for a different team next.   The same happens with riders caps and shirts, because of the changing you see less.   

• Like 1

Wolves went with loyalty for years and it got them one chamionship in god knows how many years.

when the promotion got ruthless the last two years it resulted in a championship and a runners up spot

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dabbsjoe said:

Wolves went with loyalty for years and it got them one chamionship in god knows how many years.

when the promotion got ruthless the last two years it resulted in a championship and a runners up spot

The club has always been run well and often the club being loyal fitted in with there budget.For me i prefer continuity i hate loads of  changes every year in the teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Swindon signed a rider on a ridiculous average (Doyle) and they kept Morris who had a poor year the previous season.  That's loyalty and I believe both would still be riding for Swindon this year if the BSPA conference hadn't voted for the ridiculous one over 8 rule.

Not to mention Ellis - who had a poor start and was kept in the team!

Was Musielak  part of your loyalty!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dabbsjoe said:

I wouldnt say the promotion got ruthless........more like riders like Karlsson and Skornicki got older and other like Tai didnt want to ride here.

Wolves i would say are one of the most loyal teams out there.

5 of last seasons starting 7 were from the season before

This season coming one of Lindgren or Thorsell had to go but Masters  and Howarth and Greaves and Schlein are back and the returning Morris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes, we signed him, bought him from Wolves and are including him in the 2018 line up

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that Musielek that replaced Grondal?

You know the Musielek that Swindon have signed and will race for Swindon next season................along with one of the best young brits in Adam Ellis that Poole showed zero loyalty to after helping them to win the league.......Pooles loss was Swindons gain there

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Yes, we signed him, bought him from Wolves and are including him in the 2018 line up

Why wouldn't you keep he is a top rider, that's not loyalty that's being sensible. Surprised you haven't been loyal to Doyle though.

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Is that Musielek that replaced Grondal?

You know the Musielek that Swindon have signed and will race for Swindon next season................along with one of the best young brits in Adam Ellis that Poole showed zero loyalty to after helping them to win the league.......Pooles loss was Swindons gain there

When did Ellis help us win the league?

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why wouldn't you keep he is a top rider, that's not loyalty that's being sensible. Surprised you haven't been loyal to Doyle though.

Come on forever that is down to the stupid bspa team limit of one rider above 8, you know the group that continually water down the speedway teams.

If it was not for that stupid rule we would have had Nick and Jason in out team.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1