British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Come on forever that is down to the stupid bspa team limit of one rider above 8, you know the group that continually water down the speedway teams.

If it was not for that stupid rule we would have had Nick and Jason in out team.

Yes I agree but if you had done that it would have meant  you would have to have severely weakened lower down .

Edited by foreverblue

Personally, and I'm sure there are plenty that will disagree, I thought the BV team was coming together nicely but believe Cook was not the best they could have done baring in mind his likely distraction in the GPs. 

11 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Personally, and I'm sure there are plenty that will disagree, I thought the BV team was coming together nicely but believe Cook was not the best they could have done baring in mind his likely distraction in the GPs. 

no one will put more effort & passion in riding for the Aces he is Aces through & through !!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I think he is somewhere in the middle of the number ones announced so far but it would have been mad to bin him off given that he is coming off of his best season, is our captain and being unable to afford an expensive team. No way his commitment can be doubted either!

20 minutes ago, Aces High said:

I think he is somewhere in the middle of the number ones announced so far but it would have been mad to bin him off given that he is coming off of his best season, is our captain and being unable to afford an expensive team. No way his commitment can be doubted either!

Agreed.

He isnt as good as Doyle or Morris but ahead of everyone else, even though Thorsell has a higher average it was gained form second string.

His commitment will rub off on the others and with 3 other heat leaders in Fricke, Worrall and Tungate backing him plus young Bewley Belle Vue look mighty strong

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Agreed.

He isnt as good as Doyle or Morris but ahead of everyone else, even though Thorsell has a higher average it was gained form second string.

His commitment will rub off on the others and with 3 other heat leaders in Fricke, Worrall and Tungate backing him plus young Bewley Belle Vue look mighty strong

Agree about Doyle, but I would argue Morris. Lets see at the end of this season, Injuries barring which one of the 2 ends up the better No 1

Out of interest in head to heads last season in the championship,at Berwick it was 2-1 to Cook, and at W/ton it was 3-0 to Cook albeit in 1 of those heats Morris did retire.

In the Prem at B/Vue it was 3-2 to Morris and at Swindon it was 1-1, cook only rode in 1 meeting at Swindon.So it's pretty even, should be a good year for both.

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree but if you had done that it would have meant  you would have to have severely weakened lower down .

That formula worked last season! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Agreed.

I saw a fair bit of Thorsell last season and he did seem to improve quite a lot so i don't think he will be a awful number one and will get maximums at home and could get as good an average as Cook over the course of the season.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Mid season changes again then.

Of course - with Mitchell being replaced by another Alpen :rolleyes:

Too weak at reserve until that change!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Thorssell rode all season as 2nd heat leader. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

That's the second fact Gavan's got wrong on one page! He said earlier we dumped Ellis after he helped us win the league! 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

He may have been second in your averages but he rode at number 4 for a lot of the results I have just looked at - which I think is the point that is being made.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

He may have been second in your averages but he rode at number 4 for a lot of the results I have just looked at - which I think is the point that is being made.

Besides the number one riders could ride anywhere plus he did ride quite a few heat 15's. He rode at 4 all season but as number 2 in the averages. And that is the point!

But yea I get that point too.

Are there no mods on this site. Reading the last three pages to catch up with all the BV news all I find is Wolves, Swindon and, of course, Poole. Why bother having team threads at all, just have two - Poole and one where all the usual numpties can insult each other. Very poor Forum, mods non-existent.

• Like 2