British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

No im right Thorsell rode at number 4 thus technically getting easier rides.  Though yes he did ride in numerous heat 15's

Yep he did my opologies.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Nobody has ever said that.

What is being said is riding at 2 or 4 is a hell of a lot easier than riding at 5 and will make a significant difference to your average. 

Wrong.

Gavan made the initial comment his average was achieved as a second strong,  and has since clarified that remark. 

ffs move the Thorsell rubbish to the wolves thread ffs its boring me rubbishless couldn't give a rubbish about him !! this thread is for ACES RIDERS/FANS !!

Anybody any idea when the last 4 will be announced ?

Fricke     Drozdz   Bewley  &  Etheridge or Kurtz or Pickering will do for me. 

Personally I would like to of seen Cook....Worrall...Fricke....Tungate....KK....Bewley....Smith. Perhaps they tried, but KK priced himself out,  hence Smith's place was forfeited to fit Drodz and a higher averaged reserve. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing Jacob thorsell wear the aces bib in 2018....... oh hang on a min. Sorry wrong thread 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Looking forward to seeing Jacob thorsell wear the aces bib in 2018....... oh hang on a min. Sorry wrong thread 

I've posted about it in the Wolves thread, try and move it over there :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geoff58 said:

ffs move the Thorsell rubbish to the wolves thread ffs its boring me rubbishless couldn't give a rubbish about him !! this thread is for ACES RIDERS/FANS !!

I did suggest that it was ceased being discussed but the usual suspect continued discussing it.

I see he has done the sensible to move it to the Wolves thread to bore people there. 

I'm glad you have your thread back tho.  :wink:

You were chatting crap as usual about Thorsell Bum, so you were pulled up on it.

Of course, as is normal for you, you then had to have the last word.

Get some sleep Steve....

Thorsell acheived his average riding as a second string and lines up next season as a heatleader, cant see what the arguing is about although bill and ben are involved so should not really be surprised

10 hours ago, Chris said:

You were chatting crap as usual about Thorsell Bum, so you were pulled up on it.

Of course, as is normal for you, you then had to have the last word.

Get some sleep Steve....

Someone else carried it on I think you forgot to add. Hope you managed to get some sleep also. 

The Thorssell be ate started as it was a comparison of what a number one is and how he obtained his average where as Cook and Morris were scoring with heat 13 included.

However when you look at the Belle Vue and Wolves teams, they are pretty similar in many ways. Both have a number one loved by his own fans but both possibly not given the credit by other fans. 

Wolves a a bit stronger in the next two with Masters and Schlein over Fricke and Worrall and both Sam and Max under achieved last season but both will challenge for the number one slots while Steve and Rory give plenty of support.

Tungate and Howarth both don't get the credit they deserve and Rohan was a different rider once he joined Aces and is now Aussie Champion while Kyle was out most times with Lindgren and including bonus points actually had a better average than Fricke. 

Damian Drozdz could be a decent signing while Wolves have Heaps who has had injuries holding him back and both come in as a bit of a gamble. Aces do have the advantage of Bewley at reserve to start with but both teams aren't too far away from each other and don't think there will be much between them at the end of the season too. 

At at least the clashes with the two teams will be on Mondays and likely to be Bank Holidays as these are now local derbies with Bees, Brummies and Heathans now gone and there certainly seems to have a bigger rivalry now than they did years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damian Drozdz just been announced as the 4th rider.

Have to disagree.

although Damian is not a high profile Pole , he has a good pedigree and becomes another Belle Vue asset.

Building a good asset base should be the aim of any forward looking promotion.

I wish Damian good luck.

31 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Not exactly overwhelmed but looking forward to seeing what he can do.