British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Aces High said:

Not exactly overwhelmed but looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Know how you feel, However It's mainly because we don't know to much about him. So welcome the the Aces Damian, I sincerely hope you settle in and enjoy riding for the Aces.

53 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Have to disagree.

although Damian is not a high profile Pole , he has a good pedigree and becomes another Belle Vue asset.

Building a good asset base should be the aim of any forward looking promotion.

I wish Damian good luck.

That's good to hear, I don't really follow Polish speedway too closely so as hyderd said it is more because he is an unknown quantity. It will be interesting to see how he goes....if he hits the ground running at the NSS then overseas clubs might start to look at us as a softer landing place for their young talent which could be helpful.

Welcome to Belle vue Damian.

Mixed feelings, Damian for me is the key to the team if he settles and does well in the Premier league we will do well if he struggles then so could the team so he is a big gamble.He should do ok at Belle vue but his away form could be a problem.On top of that with this team the new reserve will have to do a lot lot better than Smith to justify the swap in the minds of a good few Aces fans.

The safer way I m o would have been to keep Smith who was improving towards the end of last season and signed a rider like Hougaard/L Bjerre etc giving us a very strong top 5 and a strong reserve in Bewley and let Smith keep improving as the season went on. A move that could possibly be made if things go wrong but then the new reserve will lose out as well time will tell. Lets hope the management know more than I do as in this case I would love to be proved wrong.

Edited by B.V 72

Last year Drozdz averaged 5.54 riding as a reserve in the top Polish league. We shall have to see how he adapts to riding in the UK but he obviously has the potential to do well. 

It was obviously an option to keep Smith and sign a higher average rider in the top 5 but some teams are signing stronger reserves this year and Mark Lemon has decided that this is the way for us to go as well.

The play off system gives teams a chance to see how things are working out and to make changes if needed.

Let's hope manage to get a good reserve in.

I wonder if we are looking abroad for the reserve person ?

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

jye etheridge young aussie rides for berwick in championship he averaged just above 5 !! is rumoured to be our other reserve ? 

Edited by geoff58

14 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Depends if you call Workington, and an Aussie based in Edinburgh, "looking abroad".

Bewley and Etheridge are the reserves.

9 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

jye etheridge young aussie rides for Edinborough in championship he averaged just above 5 !! is rumoured to be our other reserve ? 

He' at berwick. Not Edinburgh 

• Like 1

Drodz is a good rider but let’s see what he can do when you aren’t riding with Drabik, Magic, Tai. He rode in a team where arguably 6 riders could be GP riders. 

Solid at home. Struggle away. 

Lets how he goes at the bouncy castle!!! 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

He' at berwick. Not Edinburgh 

apologies thanks !!

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Drodz is a good rider but let’s see what he can do when you aren’t riding with Drabik, Magic, Tai. He rode in a team where arguably 6 riders could be GP riders. 

let's see how he goes on a proper racing track NSS !! 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

much the same as your two poles !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

Damian Drozdz just been announced as the 4th rider.

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

Damian Drozdz just been announced as the 4th rider.

I would be sure that Lemo has seen something special in DD. As an ex rider he would know what to look for & how he should adapt to U.K. tracks. Fact is Belle Vue is a track every rider would love as their home track if circumstances permitted, the aces will be up there in 2018 for certain.   

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

much the same as your two poles !!

From the polish speedway I watched. Drodz is not in the same league as Woryna. And never will be. 

Drodz has this season to prove himself in Poland otherwise Wiktor Lampart will come in for him. This is his season to prove he is a extraliga rider or he will most likely spend it in league 1. Which is no mean feet it is the 2/3 best league in the world. 

11 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

From the polish speedway I watched. Drodz is not in the same league as Woryna. And never will be. 

Drodz has this season to prove himself in Poland otherwise Wiktor Lampart will come in for him. This is his season to prove he is a extraliga rider or he will most likely spend it in league 1. Which is no mean feet it is the 2/3 best league in the world. 

How do you know Drodz will NEVER  be in the same league as Woryna ? , 

Really getting tired of your anti Belle Vue rhetoric now  !