British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So only 1 and a bit seasons after Etheridge was described as one of the worst second tier riders ever, he manages to get a top flight spot!

Maybe he's another of Lemmo's 'jobs for the boys' signings, like Sedgy was?

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

Drodz will struggle. Etheridge needed a season in the 2nd tier to get use to the away tracks. Could be the same regarding the top tier.

Will lose the scoring power of Bewley at reserve very quickly when he moves up into the 1-5. 

Top end isn't exactly that strong either when you look at other teams. 

Etheridge can't do much worse than Jack Smith's 1.75 and we still made the playoffs and won the KOC in spite of that. If Drozdz does end up dropping into reserve we would still be ok there, that could actually be beneficial. DB is too talented to be at reserve for long so that is a transition he is going to have to make sooner or later.

Poole's team looks good but I think it would be unfair to compare the lineups as this team has obviously been put together to a very different budget. Wolves and Swindon are a more similar comparison as they also had to choose between two over 8 riders and all three clubs have chosen to sacrifice their number one to keep the bulk of the team together. All three teams look fairly equal to me but it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the first few months of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

Drodz will struggle. Etheridge needed a season in the 2nd tier to get use to the away tracks. Could be the same regarding the top tier.

Will lose the scoring power of Bewley at reserve very quickly when he moves up into the 1-5. 

I like the look of this team Fricke and Cook can improve Bewley is an imerging talent and Worrall can add a bit more consistency.Also  even though Etheridge did not score many on his visit to the Abbey he has something and will do ok at home.I did think Belle Vue might of  gone for Pickering instead but Etheridge will do ok fingers crossed that Fricke kicks on this year Belle Vue need him to this side with the new pole will be exciting to watch.

• Like 1

If Fricke signs as expected then a solid top end with a dynamite in Bewley in reserve. Have to start as one of the better teams and favourites for the season. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

How do you know Drozdz will struggle , or is that just your opinion ?

Cook , Fricke , Tungate , Worrall are a strong top 4 , especially if Tungate can carry on the good form he showed towards the end of the season  

Certainly As strrong a top 4 as any other team... on paper at least  

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Cook , Fricke , Tungate , Worrall are a strong top 4 , especially if Tungate can carry on the good form he showed towards the end of the season  

Would love to agree with you, but Poole on paper are the best team. Fortunately speedway is not raced on paper and we can all hope that the naturious Poole track will hamper the Poles and frustrate Holder into his "couldn't care less attitude"

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I think Drozdz  is worth a punt what i have seen of him he looks like he could  be very useful away will be a learning curve for him but he will be fine at home.A really strong top four with a young talent at reserve also Etheridge can contribute.I just think this side has a better balance to it than say with Smith at reserve and a lasse Bjerre or  Hougaard in i am not a fan of either of those two.

So you reckon Jye will only ever get 3 rides a meeting you never seen how he came on last year at Berwick he was flying you have found a little diamond of a rider in my opinion 

• Like 4

Great to hear and let's hope the wide open spaces at the NSS help him settle quickly.

I'm sure Dan will look after him OK.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Averages for both reserves please.

Well  Bewley averaged 4.71 and Etheridge 5.06 in the championship converted is 3.89. unless they get a extra reduction.

8 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

If you think cook, fricke, worrall and tungate is as strong as Holder, Sundstrom, kurtz and Josh g, i think your very much mistaken

I'd say its pretty even. Cook fricke and tungate is equal to holder Kurtz Josh G. Sundstrom will likely outperform worrall but i dont see there being more than a point in it.

• Like 2

Is Sundstrom that good anymore? Can't say I've seen him ride well that often when I've seen him on tv. I think I'd prefer Worrall myself.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

Not a lot between those sets of heat leaders really. Poole's strength is in their ringer Poles.

• Like 1