British Speedway Forum

The assets debate remains a moot point in speedway but in the case of BV if they have invested (money) in their development then so be it.

Its signing riders from overseas and then declaring them an asset that’s controversial.

I would say Dan and Kyle at their ages are the best prospects we have had since Collins and Morton burst onto the scene, matching those two would be a massive ask and to compare is unfair but their emergence reminds me of when the latter pair first started with the Aces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GWC said:

The assets debate remains a moot point in speedway but in the case of BV if they have invested (money) in their development then so be it.

Its signing riders from overseas and then declaring them an asset that’s controversial.

We have done that with Drozdz as well though.  At least there is a clear strategy in place though which is good to see.

Hmm, I wonder if Joe Jacobs had been given another chance in the BV team rather than released because his average was a point too high might he be still riding.

Bewley and then Bickley may be BV future but if their average doesn't fit , asset or not they will be jettisoned, something Collins and Morton didn’t have to worry about.

In fairness Joe Jacobs average put him out of the team for the following year.

A talented rider who was great at Belle Vue whereas points came difficult away.... amazed that no one gave him a good crack of the whip after he left Belle Vue.

Because he was a one track pony. And the track he was good at didn't even want him. 

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because he was a one track pony. And the track he was good at didn't even want him. 

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bit harsh on a Brit lad trying to break through.

21 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

Not far out ^^ Poole seem to be the win at any cost team of the Prem.How dare BV decide not to use him ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

correct well said !!

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bit harsh on a Brit lad trying to break through.

Not far out ^^ Poole seem to be the win at any cost team of the Prem.How dare BV decide not to use him ;)

correct just the typical arrogant poole fan say no more !!

57 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

57 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

The thing is Geoff he tries to come across as the Poole speedway spokesman and that does most of the Poole fans a disservice  the Poole fans i have met are all decent chaps.The thing i could never get my head around was that he was once a Swindon fan then changed his mind and changed clubs if Swindon finished bottom every year they will always be my club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The thing is Geoff he tries to come across as the Poole speedway spokesman and that does most of the Poole fans a disservice  the Poole fans i have met are all decent chaps.The thing i could never get my head around was that he was once a Swindon fan then changed his mind and changed clubs if Swindon finished bottom every year they will always be my club.

lol how the hell you change clubs is unbelievable glory hunter i think you call it  lol yes i too have some decent poole fans as friends i have been a Aces fan since 1969 & will be until i am 6ft under lol let's hope the pie-rats fail this year pmsl then we can hear some great excuses lol !!

Edited by geoff58

This just shows how low the sport of Speedway is in the UK -‘average too high and a one track pony’ sum up a ghastly image.

What rider is going to give ANY club their all if they get jettisoned after half a season performance.

Joe is/was a young rider still finding his way in a tough sport. 

If we don’t give encouragement to our home grown riders then the sport will be finished far sooner than the doom mongers suggest!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Belle Vue have had the glory years and a long period where we were bottom of the league or thereabouts. I've followed them throughout even though for many years I have lived much closer to other teams that have been or, still are in the top league. I could never imagine changing my allegiance to the Aces and very rarely miss a home meeting.

• Like 2

Great to see FIM Speedway of Nations at NSS on June 5th

if it matches the World Cup FINAL at the NSS, that would be marvellous