British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Just back from P&P. 

All riders looked good. But then everyone does on thrtr own. Looking forward to Monday now. 

Team suits look good

Thought it was behind closed doors ????

15 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Thought it was behind closed doors ????

It was. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

It was. 

Say no more. lol

On 3/12/2018 at 8:43 AM, bellevueace said:

At the recent fans forum we were told about the tie up with the Polish club and the advantages to both teams youngsters. What was also said was the owners are aware that Poland is the most successful speedway nation in the world, that their business model is obviously working, and that it is something we can learn from. This is looking ahead to also improve Belle Vue as a club and the way its run seeing how they do things and if we could implement certain ideas.No doubt if a certain southern based club were doing this some would be telling us how innovative this is instead of trying to diss it. The sport in this country needs this kind of forward thinking instead of treading the same old path that obviously isnt working.

The sadness for me is that none of this - having something to sell to Poland and having such an amazing racetrack - would have been possible had David Gordon and Chris Morton hadn’t put their lives on hold for 10 years to ensure that the NSS became a reality. 

One day, perhaps, their hard graft will be properly recognised and true Belle Vue people will take it over again. 

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 5

How did the new Pole look Phil

6 minutes ago, Old Ace said:

How did the new Pole look Phil

Looked good and fast. But then everyone does when they are on there own. His style  is like bewleys but more boring if you know what I mean. 

Fricke looked best. Looked very fast 

• Like 2

I am in no doubt, if all tracks were similar to Belle Vue, our sport would benefit no end.....   The Riders love it,  the fans love it, and you wouldn't have to watch any of this 'Gate and Go' rubbish.      Just imagine watching proper races everytime.  :wub:  

That was a wonderful dream..........        now back to reality......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

The sadness for me is that none of this - having something to sell to Poland and having such an amazing racetrack - would have been possible had David Gordon and Chris Morton hadn’t put their lives on hold for 10 years to ensure that the NSS became a reality. 

One day, perhaps, their hard graft will be properly recognised and true Belle Vue people will take it over again. 

I agree with you, that the vision of Gordon and Morton has put the club in such a position, but whilst I had no doubt the new stadium would be delivered unlike many, I also questioned if Gordon and Morton were the right people to actually manage it. As we know things went wrong and I still feel many things have not been revealed about exactly what went on. We went bust and the promotion were thrown out of the stadium, so that foresight they had could ultimately have put the club out of exsistance. The current owners have more business acumen and appointed Mark Lemon to oversee the speedway side of things, they were also in with Gordon and Morton at the very outset of the new stadium plans, they are now trying to take the club to the next level, if they succeed only time will tell, without their input we could possibly not have a season to look forward to come Monday.

Does anyone know when the hospitality information may be available?

I'm taking my Dad to the Monday meeting against Swindon and want to give him a really good experience.

Thanks

Simon

Just read on the BSI site that Zagar wanted to return but it was unable to be accommodated due to being given a 9.00 average. Why is this? When he last rode in 2016 his average was only 7.48.

Edited by Barrow Boy 2

On 14/03/2018 at 6:40 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Looked good and fast. But then everyone does when they are on there own. His style  is like bewleys but more boring if you know what I mean. 

Fricke looked best. Looked very fast 

Big year for Fricke i think he is capable of averaging well over 9 at home hopefully taking that confidence to away tracks.

12 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Just read on the BSI site that Zagar wanted to return but it was unable to be accommodated due to being given a 9.00 average. Why is this? When he last rode in 2016 his average was only 7.48.

Crazy isn't it,but i think all GP riders were given that average.Even more crazy when you think Poole have a couple of riders with even more out of date averages but they can keep them.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Crazy isn't it,but i think all GP riders were given that average.Even more crazy when you think Poole have a couple of riders with even more out of date averages but they can keep them.

But Cook is on 8.45, Iversen 9.04, Vaculik 8.00, Holder 7.16 & Doyle 9.69. 

8 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

It's clearly been done to affect teams who have low averaged riders ie Wolves and belle Vue.

All GP standard riders with an average less than 8 who didnt ride here in 2017 were regraded to a 9, yet Vaculik is given an 8 which surely is the benchmark to treat all teams and riders fairly?? Another example of the blind leading the blind. 

Pawlicki  (Wolves asset who if not wanted by Wolves seemed destined for Poole), Woffy  (Wolves asset had spoken to CVS about a return due to fixed night racing) and Zagar  (Aces rider who was keen to come back but another vetoed by the establishment) all targeted by the governing body. You have to feel if it was a promoters vote then both Wolves and Aces can feel victimised.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I know a lot of it doesn't make sense.I assume because Cook,Holder and Doyle rode GB last season they would obviously keep their averages.As Iversen is above the average it doesn't seem to apply.Vaculik,i don't know.It's all a bit of a balls up really.

• Like 2