British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Will they move Worrall to 3 with Starke coming in?

Would make even more sense now bit of a strange move Mark Lemon didn' do this to start off with. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ouch said:

2009. “I think he’s found his level in the NL”.

2012. “Cook is just a top tier second string, he’ll never be anything else”.

2014. “Did well to make the rostrum, he just doesn’t have the mentality or skill to clinch top spot”. (British Final)

2017. “Can’t see Cook troubling the scores today”. (GP challenge).

I think you missed my point, I said " Craig was beating J Doyle a few years back before Jason upped his game" 

In the 2013 season in the head to head at Somerset in races where both riders finished in the 3 meeting Cook got the better of Doyle 4-3

Same season in the head to head at E/Bourgh in the 3 meeting again where both riders finished, cook get the better of Doyle 6-3

We all know Doyle has improved to the world beater he is today, can Cookie, I believe he could get better and be a top 8 GP rider if he follows the course Doyle took (many hours in the gym and improves his gateing to the standard needed to be a regular GP rider). Problem is does Cookie believe.

Edited by hyderd

Massive improvement to the official BV website, and an online shop in the pipe line

Happy days ! :)

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, hyderd said:

I think you missed my point, I said " Craig was beating J Doyle a few years back before Jason upped his game" 

In the 2013 season in the head to head at Somerset in races where both riders finished in the 3 meeting Cook got the better of Doyle 4-3

Same season in the head to head at E/Bourgh in the 3 meeting again where both riders finished, cook get the better of Doyle 6-3

We all know Doyle has improved to the world beater he is today, can Cookie, I believe he could get better and be a top 8 GP rider if he follows the course Doyle took (many hours in the gym and improves his gateing to the standard needed to be a regular GP rider). Problem is does Cookie believe.

Doyle has been such a great example for other riders to follow,    he has inspired them  to improve it shows it can be done.Ok not everybody will end up a world beater like Doyley but the odd sacrifice here and there and riders can improve. Thorssell,Fricke,Cook,Masters, are a few examples that come to mind they are at that stage now,     very rarely going back in yesteryear can i remember many  riders improve dramically to near on world class. A  few come to mind Ian Cartwright and John Cookie Cook( he ended up world class) ,Rick Miller,Ronnie Correy,Troy Butler. (etc)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Doyle has been such a great example for other riders to follow,    he has inspired them  to improve it shows it can be done.Ok not everybody will end up a world beater like Doyley but the odd sacrifice here and there and riders can improve. Thorssell,Fricke,Cook,Masters, are a few examples that come to mind they are at that stage now,     very rarely going back in yesteryear can i remember many  riders improve dramically to near on world class. A  few come to mind Ian Cartwright and John Cookie Cook( he ended up world class) ,Rick Miller,Ronnie Correy,Troy Butler. (etc)

Nothing personnel, but the common consensus that Jason Doyle just up'ed his game & became world champion is not how I see it.  He spent several season held back by a recurring shoulder injury & it was only after major surgery on that shoulder did his experience, riding ability & along with his single minded  determination  did he get to where he is now - #1. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Nothing personnel, but the common consensus that Jason Doyle just up'ed his game & became world champion is not how I see it.  He spent several season held back by a recurring shoulder injury & it was only after major surgery on that shoulder did his experience, riding ability & along with his single minded  determination  did he get to where he is now - #1. 

I know he had a major collarbone injury and that had held him back and i have always believed he never ever  rode Poole that well at anytime.But you have to say not in your wildest dreams Ghosty  that you would of predicted that he would end up World Champion if so you must be good at predicting the future.!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

Really Like the new BV website. 

Just got an email from Neil Meldrum that Poole are getting a new website soon as well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just got an email from Neil Meldrum that Poole are getting a new website soon as well. 

Yes, me too.

I emailed them this morning to tell them that it's brill.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:49 AM, hyderd said:

Gutted for Damian, 5 pts in his first meeting at the NSS shows he has whats needed. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Paul Stark is a good replacement for Damian, I look forward to seeing him wearing the Ace on his chest.

cant believe they have overlooked Josh AUTY AT bELLE vUE AFTER THE WAY HE RIDES THERE TRACK CAN ONLY THINK HIS AVERAGE DOES NOT FITT .iF IT DOES THEY HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE

8 hours ago, speedy bill said:

cant believe they have overlooked Josh AUTY AT bELLE vUE AFTER THE WAY HE RIDES THERE TRACK CAN ONLY THINK HIS AVERAGE DOES NOT FITT .iF IT DOES THEY HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE

Totally agree maybe the Scunthorpe fixtures clash but at home Auty a much better rider i would say overall Starke better on the away tracks my take is win all your home matches first.

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Hopefully the Aces online store / merchandising can be something similar to Poole's ...

Very impessive from the Pirates

I have had a look around at the new BV website and it is quite disappointing. The history section which was excellent, has disappeared, especially considering we celebrate our 90th season this season. It is something of a backward step IMO. 

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally agree maybe the Scunthorpe fixtures clash but at home Auty a much better rider i would say overall Starke better on the away tracks my take is win all your home matches first.

Just checked averages Starke  4.12   Auty 4.76  after his performance in the 2017 riders final you would have thought Auty was the better option,he only failed to make the run off because of a engine failure. in his first ride During the meeting he gave both Cookie and Fricke a good race,before Fricke wiped him out on the pits turn . I guess Mark has is reasons for going for Starke just love to hear them. Dont think Starke is a Aussie by any chance?

Edited by speedy bill

3 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Just checked averages Starke  4.12   Auty 4.76  after his performance in the 2017 riders final you would have thought Auty was the better option,he only failed to make the run off because of a engine failure. in his first ride During the meeting he gave both Cookie and Fricke a good race,before Fricke wiped him out on the pits turn . I guess Mark has is reasons for going for Starke just love to hear them. Dont think Starke is a Aussie by any chance?

Look i am a big fan of Auty and in that meeting he  mixed it very well and he was very  unlucky not to reach the later stages.It does annoy me now that Kerr,Rose, etc) get places in the top league( and I like both of those riders yet Auty is better in my humble opinion) and he is better than Starke yet has no place.