British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Including Swindon his average for his 3PL level meetings is 7.75, just slightly higher than Poole's no. 1. :lol:

What three league meetings?

Where did I say 3 league meetings. I was being generous, the Peter Craven meeting was a higher standard than a  PL meeting and Kurtz's average isn't slightly lower it's more than half a point lower but bearing in mind Monday's performance I didn't want to be unkind. :lol:

Don’t get me wrong, as a Brit I would like him to do well but all this nonsense about him is ridiculous. He might get dialled in at BV and score ok but the 5 at Swindon shows where he is.

And Steve Brum, who is talking about Hougaard?

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t get me wrong, as a Brit I would like him to do well but all this nonsense about him is ridiculous. He might get dialled in at BV and score ok but the 5 at Swindon shows where he is.

Check page 84. I'd quoted you when mentioning one away score. 

Pinny was saying Hougaard was better which is laughable. 

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No doubt like the 3 Kurtz scored at home against Swindon shows where he is?

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think 5 away is better than 3 at home but I wouldn't use a score in one match to try to prove anything.

I appreciate that you haven't had the advantage of seeing Worrall this year but those of us who have could see the marked improvement over his performances at the NSS last year. That coupled with knowing the efforts he has made to be in excellent physical shape and to lighten and improve his machinery is why I feel confident that he would have had a good season. Nobody has predicted he would this year develop into a GP rider, a PL No. 1 or an international star but the signs were there that he would improve significantly on his starting average. That is why it is so difficult to replace him.

• Like 4

Not the strongest opposition but impressive first appearance in Sweden for Dan Bewley in the Vetlanda Team Cup.

Vargarna – 37
1. Kim Nilsson – 12 (3,3,3,3)
2. Viktor Bergström – 8 (2,2,2,2)
3. Dan Bewley – 11 (3,3,3,2)
4. Johannes Stark – 5 (1,0,1,3)
5. Dennis Fagerkrantz – 1 (0,R,0,1)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Check page 84. I'd quoted you when mentioning one away score. 

Pinny was saying Hougaard was better which is laughable. 

How is it laughable?

once dialled in Hougaard would be a prolific scorer around the new BV track.

seriously, anyone would think BV have just lost the world champ on a 6.7 average?! He had two or three good meetings before getting injured.... no guarantee he would of kept that form up

No guarantee Hougaard would hit the ground running as Stevie had done either, add to the fact Stevie has always been much better away from home and Paddy does not fit the bill, Steve has far more potencial, Hougaard has stood still the past few seasons.

• Like 1

We had high hopes for Hougaard last season, maybe too high. It was expected he was going to be our no.1 but quite frankly he was abit rubbish. Whenever he crashes he always seems to get injured too. Some riders are made of solid steel, and others fragile glass. Not very reliable and certainly not sad to see him leave after his no shows in the second half of the season.

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How does his 5 points at Swindon show where he is lol

How about Kurtz 7 away and 3 at home ......guessing though as he rides for Poole that doesnt show 'where he is'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

How is it laughable?

once dialled in Hougaard would be a prolific scorer around the new BV track.

seriously, anyone would think BV have just lost the world champ on a 6.7 average?! He had two or three good meetings before getting injured.... no guarantee he would of kept that form up

Hougaard for Worrall is laughable

Steve had started the season flying and on a low average that he looked like improving he will be nigh on impossible to replace.

Nobody is saying he is a world champion just on an average that he looked like improving on and to replace that with someone else who could improve isnt easy and it certainly wouldnt be Hougaard!!

As an example Howarth at Wolves looks on a low average , same for Ellis at Swindon. If either of those got injured i would say they would be more difficult to replace than either Thorsell or Morris for example.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Hougaard for Worrall is laughable

Steve had started the season flying and on a low average that he looked like improving he will be nigh on impossible to replace.

Nobody is saying he is a world champion just on an average that he looked like improving on and to replace that with someone else who could improve isnt easy and it certainly wouldnt be Hougaard!!

As an example Howarth at Wolves looks on a low average , same for Ellis at Swindon. If either of those got injured i would say they would be more difficult to replace than either Thorsell or Morris for example.

Not laughable at all.

hougaard has shown a liking for the BV track and i am sure would bang points in there once settled in. His average is just over half a point less than worralls.

loads of riders come out firing in the opening meetings of the season on brand spanking new engines... doesnt mean they will keep it up.

It's funny how it's only belle vue fan raving about Worrall. Actually no it isn't. Worrall isn't In the team just for his points scoring. He is great around the pits with everyone. He scores home and away. His away form is very good for a no3/4. You never hear him moan about the state of any track. He just turns up, gets on with everyone, rides his bikes and goes home. And I can Garuntee that if he rose for your team you would be saying he would be a great miss. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It's funny how it's only belle vue fan raving about Worrall. Actually no it isn't. Worrall isn't In the team just for his points scoring. He is great around the pits with everyone. He scores home and away. His away form is very good for a no3/4. You never hear him moan about the state of any track. He just turns up, gets on with everyone, rides his bikes and goes home. And I can Garuntee that if he rose for your team you would be saying he would be a great miss. 

Give over.

Anyone would think hes world champion! Hes a second string!