British Speedway Forum

49 minutes ago, ouch said:

Ex Rye House rider and rides Wolves well. 

Really pleased to see him in an Aces race jacket again. A great but so far wasted talent. 

I’d like to see the new GB set up get their claws into him and for him to listen. 

Your right with a bit of " guidance " Garrity could become a decent top rider.IMO.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Ex Rye House rider and rides Wolves well. 

Really pleased to see him in an Aces race jacket again. A great but so far wasted talent. 

I’d like to see the new GB set up get their claws into him and for him to listen. 

Spot on..

I think sometimes what holds Garrity back is that  'all important' space between the ears..

He has bags of natural talent, not sure always of the application...

Which is a shame, as so many will apply themselves 100%, but will simply never progress to a higher level as they don't possess the talent to go with their ambition..

Maybe the 'new look' GB with their vision can nurture his raw talent and improve all aspects from riding and mechanical through to clinical focus on what his capability could be..

An entertainer though that's for sure..

• Like 2

Good move for Jason and as a Bees fan pleased for him also with having Mark Lemon to guide him I think he will do well.

I reckon Mark lemon Will help him where Havelock couldn’t.

Good move to sign Jason on a 28 day contract.

This will give Steve time to build up his muscle strength to where it was before the accident.

good luck Jason and look forward to seeing Steve back stronger

Dan finished second in his World Under 21 qualifier after a three man run off for first place and is now through to the final. Another step forward in his remarkable progress.

• Like 5

Planning permission going in for 243 houses at the greyhound track next door.

possible return to Saturday night ???   If we ignore sgps

Hopefully no stock cars at NSS. .... but I would not rule it out

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Planning permission going in for 243 houses at the greyhound track next door.

possible return to Saturday night ???   If we ignore sgps

Hopefully no stock cars at NSS. ... . but I would not rule it out

Could you give us a link to this news, please.

Are you saying planning permission has been applied for, or that it has it been granted?

It was in the Manchester Evening News yesterday, but doesn't seem to be online now

34 minutes ago, ABS said:
34 minutes ago, ABS said:

It was in the Manchester Evening News yesterday, but doesn't seem to be online now

Found it, thanks

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/historic-belle-vue-dog-track-14892590

Edited by lastword

Can any one advise me for easy parking & getting away as I am travelling with 2 elderly people where walking is limited. I have been before but we parked around the south side on Stanley Grove. I would(& my guests) appreciate somewhere closer. many thanks.

There also seems to be on going road works on the A628 Tintwistle towards M67. How bad is this as regards hold ups? I was thinking of stopping at the Bulls Head in Tintwistle for tea before continuing.

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Can any one advise me for easy parking & getting away as I am travelling with 2 elderly people where walking is limited. I have been before but we parked around the south side on Stanley Grove. I would(& my guests) appreciate somewhere closer. many thanks.

You can park in the car park in Pink Bank Lane which is close to the south stand but closer than Stanley Grove to the Grandstand.

There is the North car park, the entrance is before you reach the stadium, which is closest to the Grandstand but I'm not sure if that is restricted to permit holders. There are a small number of disabled spaces but it might be best to phone the stadium. Alternatively, you could drop off your guests in Kirkmanshulme Lane by the stadium and then park in Pink Bank Lane and walk back to them.

I'm sorry but I don't know about the road works on the A628 as I don't travel that way.

I wasn't sure about the Cinema/Bingo car parks if that's what you mean by North. When visited before, I thought the Pink Bank Lane was small or limited to permit holders but thank you for the advice.

By parking outside, do you mean parking on Kirkmanshulme lane as have not noticed yellow lines or length of stay allowed.

Ok, thanks as that might be a better option if traffic hold up are bad, get there around 6.45-7.00 ish & struggle parking.