British Speedway Forum

Mark Riss replaces Jye Etheridge in an attempt to improve away results. Jye had been very good at the NSS recently so hope Riss gets dialled in quickly at home.

Edited by GregoryM
Error in spelling X 2

Strange move ???  I thought Jye was having a great season , especially at home, arguably better than Drozdz.

Edited by WestGorton1884

Just now, WestGorton1884 said:

Strange move ???,  i thought Jye was having a great season , especially at home 

I'd agree, although I suspect Riss will be slightly stronger, particularly away.

Very surprised anyway.

• Like 1

Strange move.  Thought Etheridge was doing well. Should imagine he will be picked up pretty quickly.

• Like 1

What's Etheridge's away average? Very modest I'd imagine.

Probably harsh but I agree that Riss will make the Aces slightly stronger and when it comes to getting into Play Offs and trying to win league titles tough calls have to be made.

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What's Etheridge's away average? Very modest I'd imagine.

Probably harsh but I agree that Riss will make the Aces slightly stronger and when it comes to getting into Play Offs and trying to win league titles tough calls have to be made.

Consistent decisions at least - very much the same reasoning as Jacobs in the past

• Like 1

Give it a couple of meetings and everyone might be saying what a great move that was. You snooze you lose. 

3 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Mark Riss replaces Jye Etheridge in an attempt to improve away results. Jye had been very good at the NSS recently so hope Riss gets dialled in quickly at home.

Always think it's harsh when riders get dropped after improving their average (when not injured).

Would Riss have fitted in the team at the start of the season?

Wouldn't fit.

Edited by sparks123
Checked averages

3 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Hope this move bites belle vue in the arse. Jye having great season, he will get a  ride no problems. drodz would of went for me or would that hurt belle vue relationship with polish club.BAD DECISION BELLE VUE

• Like 1

Drodz has more potential than Etheridge and has shown more promise away from home, would be daft to get shot of him. Riss will be better away from home than Etheridge and that is where Belle Vue need to improve to finish top four.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Strange move.  Thought Etheridge was doing well. Should imagine he will be picked up pretty quickly.

We’ll have him. We’ve used just about everybody this season anyway. One more won’t hurt.

Look out belle vue  jye is going to come back and haunt you no play off for you. Cook and worrall going rubbish jye is scapegoat for these under performing riders his average has increased this year once again look out jye is coming.

Odd move. Mark Riss improved a lot last season but doesn’t seemed to have kicked on in 2018.

44 minutes ago, bree34 said:

Look out belle vue  jye is going to come back and haunt you no play off for you. Cook and worrall going rubbish jye is scapegoat for these under performing riders his average has increased this year once again look out jye is coming.

Worrall 'under performing' ?, he's only just returned from a serious leg break ! 

I don't agree with replacing Etheridge , but Stevie Worrall is more important to the Aces