British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What's Etheridge's away average? Very modest I'd imagine.

Probably harsh but I agree that Riss will make the Aces slightly stronger and when it comes to getting into Play Offs and trying to win league titles tough calls have to be made.

Away Etheridge is 2.73, Drozdz is 1.82

50 minutes ago, bree34 said:

Look out belle vue  jye is going to come back and haunt you no play off for you. Cook and worrall going rubbish jye is scapegoat for these under performing riders his average has increased this year once again look out jye is coming.

:o Hasn't he ridden like two meetings this season????

Cook has been decent away but has a slightly disappointing home average. Fortunately Max Fricke has effectively been our lead rider all season.

Just now, Rob B said:

There you go scapegoat what about the home average higher as well 

• Like 1

What a strange move. Drozdz looked absolute pony when I saw him earlier in the year. 

Not that Strange for me.  We have been far too weak at reserve away from home this season, we need away wins or the playoffs are gone.  It was a toss of coin on jye or Damian to go.  The change may or may not work but we had to try something, nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, bree34 said:

Look out belle vue  jye is going to come back and haunt you no play off for you. Cook and worrall going rubbish jye is scapegoat for these under performing riders his average has increased this year once again look out jye is coming.

Cook our top scorer away and worrall been injured all season what a silly post.

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Fair enough, neither great but I'm sure I can remember Drodz winning races at Rye House and Wolves and showing a bit of promise on unfamiliar tracks as well as suffering a few falls.

This 'scapegoat' talk is just silly, the Aces are obviously just trying to strengthen up a bit away from home and unfortunately tough choices have to be made.

• Like 1

Etheridge Championship average is inflated by his home form, his Championship away average is 3.09. Riss Championship away average is 4.53.

As the Aces season goes T**s up ,   

The decisions to not replace the injured Worrall permanently  ( ironically with E Riss ) and to dump the ever improving Etheridge

Are looking worse by the week

IMO of course      :t: 

Edited by WestGorton1884

2 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

As the Aces season goes T**s up ,   

The decisions to not replace the injured Worrall permanently  ( ironically with E Riss ) and to dump the ever improving Etheridge

Is looking worse by the week

IMO of course      :t: 

I'd have thought the decision to bring in Riss, who scored 6 tonight, instead of Etheridge who has barely scored 6 away all season, is a wise one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

I'd have thought the decision to bring in Riss, who scored 6 tonight, instead of Etheridge who has barely scored 6 away all season, is a wise one

Dont agree , Etheridge had been doing really well at the NSS , maybe not so much away from home

But overall having a good debut season  

15 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Dont agree , Etheridge had been doing really well at the NSS , maybe not so much away from home

But overall having a good debut season  

But you need to pick up some away points to stand any chance of making the playoffs, as do we, so I can understand that change

• Like 1

Bringing in Riss was the right decision but it should have been for Drozdz! Riss for away form and Etheridge for home form, now need to replace Drozdz in next couple of days.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Bringing in Riss was the right decision but it should have been for Drozdz! Riss for away form and Etheridge for home form, now need to replace Drozdz in next couple of days.

What is Drozdz average? Could we bring Jye back?

2 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

What is Drozdz average? Could we bring Jye back?

4.15 so NO

Looking back they should have replaced Worrall when he was injured and Drzodz hasn't done much and nearly 12 points in averages early on could have been better with Erik Riss and Jason Garrity as one would have been at reserve now with Riss and a decent 1-7

Too late now as the top four look secure in Somerset Kings Lynn Poole and Swindon as Wolves and Aces can't get much on their travels

• Like 1