British Speedway Forum

Should've stuck with Jye Etheridge as I dont see any improvement with Riss.

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Should've stuck with Jye Etheridge as I dont see any improvement with Riss.

The last few weeks he’s been struggling for form and confidence.

He was doing okay at the start of the season and to be honest, he was scoring more points away than Jye was since he signed for us.

Given his form though this is possibly going to make B.V stronger.

To be honest I was quite impressed with him when he guested for Poole against the Robins in August. Did his job at reserve and looked very competitive.

Riss isn’t injured. No replacements after August 15th. So he has been axed. There should be no facility and Belle Vue should go into the playoffs with one reserve. 

They simply did this to strengthen which is against the rules after 15th August.

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riss isn’t injured. No replacements after August 15th. So he has been axed. There should be no facility and Belle Vue should go into the playoffs with one reserve. 

They simply did this to strengthen which is against the rules after 15th August.

Don't think it's got anything to do with Belle Vue as such. Ipswich are out the Play-Offs and he's been garbage for Belle Vue so I think Riss has cut his losses and gone home. He's withholding his services, 28 day ban, guests for both clubs. What it absolutely does do is strengthen Belle Vue substantially, King's Lynn will be in for a tough time.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't think it's got anything to do with Belle Vue as such. Ipswich are out the Play-Offs and he's been garbage for Belle Vue so I think Riss has cut his losses and gone home. He's withholding his services, 28 day ban, guests for both clubs. What it absolutely does do is strengthen Belle Vue substantially, King's Lynn will be in for a tough time.

Riss is under contract and obligated to ride. Other clubs have riders who fly in just for their meetings. Woryna and Jakobsen at Poole for starters.

Its a tactical move by the BV promotion. Simple as that. They call it tactical. I say its cheating. No changes after August 15th. Those are the rules.

I think Belle Vue will bring Jye back in as a guest can't they??

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think Belle Vue will bring Jye back in as a guest can't they??

Not allowed to bring back a rider axed in the same season.

Mark lemon should be sacked for the stupid decisions he has made this season Riss was sacked from Edinburgh for poor form signed with Ipswich has a couple of good meetings and he is premiership standard. Then goes crap again and now disappears. Not a professional sportsman in my eyes.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not allowed to bring back a rider axed in the same season.

Correct. And if it was allowed, and I was Jye i'd tell em where to go.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riss is under contract and obligated to ride. Other clubs have riders who fly in just for their meetings. Woryna and Jakobsen at Poole for starters.

Its a tactical move by the BV promotion. Simple as that. They call it tactical. I say its cheating. No changes after August 15th. Those are the rules.

Sounds like someones feeling a bit worried to me....... :D

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Sounds like someones feeling a bit worried to me....... :D

Why? We are not meeting them but Kings Lynn are. But I am sure their fans will just roll over and except any explanation / BS from Lemon as gospel. -_-

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Feel for the lad and I hope he sorts his ankle and comes back stronger next year. No real adequate cover out there but it’s no loss as our goose was cooked when Dan was injured. Some sort of luck still with us. 

Having said all this I’m hoping Mark doesn’t do an Andersen and ride abroad whilst claiming to be injured in the UK as that would be cheating.