British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cheats!

Makes a change then from Poole :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Floodgate?

You are correct but it was under the previous regime to be fair.

Funniest thing I've ever seen is a Poole supporter bleating about Belle Vue getting around 'the rules'. Your lot have been masters of it for years. Jog on joker!

Well if Belle Vue get a guest performance for Riss like Starke as the Witches did tonight then they would be just as well to go with 6 riders as Shovvy suggests :)

11 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

WTF? The forum creep visits and a post disappears.

Suspicions confirmed dept, lol!

What the forum creep and the chubby chaser and the stalker get up when they meet up literally makes my skin crawl.

If any of those descriptions refer to me i can assure you, if you read this because you have me on ignore apparently, it isn't me who had anything to do with your post being deleted. I have never reported anyone and don't really know why the post was deleted. I assumed you had second thoughts and deleted it yourself. 

• Like 1

Possibly not having Mark Riss may have a small benefit to the overall team performance in the play offs but don't really see it will make much difference in the end as I expect Kings Lynn will be far too strong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If any of those descriptions refer to me i can assure you, if you read this because you have me on ignore apparently, it isn't me who had anything to do with your post being deleted. I have never reported anyone and don't really know why the post was deleted. I assumed you had second thoughts and deleted it yourself. 

No idea what it said as it’s mostly trash but every post usually involves trolling someone. It’s probably no wonder it was removed.

Paranoia setting in I’d imagine. Nothing to do with me anyway. That person offends on a mass scale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well if Belle Vue get a guest performance for Riss like Starke as the Witches did tonight then they would be just as well to go with 6 riders as Shovvy suggests :)

Can BV use Starke or Jye. I thought if they can't be brought back if been released this season, or is guesting ok.

Edited by Bald Bloke

I think that Etheridge is our best bet at the NSS but we could only use him in the KO Cup semi final or the play off meeting, not both because of the 8 day guest rule. I would use him in the play off meeting.

We will then have to review the situation depending on the averages effective from 1st. October.

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I think that Etheridge is our best bet at the NSS but we could only use him in the KO Cup semi final or the play off meeting, not both because of the 8 day guest rule. I would use him in the play off meeting.

We will then have to review the situation depending on the averages effective from 1st. October.

Sadly, another Mickey Mouse way of running the Sport which does it absolutely no favours....

That Riss has gone? Fine. This happens. If he had been injured he would be out anyway...

However, it isn't right from a credibilty perspective that the Aces can then replace him on a 'horses for courses' basis..

In a 'proper sport' a team would need to replace their absent competitor by making a signing or replacing from their squad...

As Speedway dosent use a squad system then the Aces should be made to sign a rider to represent them in all the remaining meetings. A rider on a same or  lesser average...

Why complicate things and render the competition a 'bit of a farce' by allowing the changing of teams on any given night depending on what track the next meeting is at..?

Make a signing, and that's it...

21 hours ago, Aces51 said:

They are not seeking a replacement but are entitled to a guest facility for a rider withholding his services. What's so difficult to understand? 

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its not a meltdown and I would be saying the same whoever tried to pul this stunt. If Matt Ford had done this the forum would have been in meltdown.

It really doesn’t affect Poole unless by some slice of fortune both Poole and Belle Vue make the final. 

Riss withholding his services is a big load of guff. You know it, I know it and so does everyone else. It’s wrong, and the MC should come down on it by making Belle Vue ride with one reserve. They won’t of course but this loophole will be surely sealed up at the agm to stop it happening again.

Libel talk is that. and coming from a fan whose team have chopped and changed all season, perfectly within the rules you would say, well so is R/R for a rider withholding his services.

Chopping and changing is fine before the 15th August. Its this move after the cut off date which has stank your club out. Desperate to find any advantage for the playoffs. 

Under normal circumstances, with the loss of Bewley, I would have been hoping Belle Vue do well and make the final. However I hope Kings Lynn rip you a new one for this stunt.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Chopping and changing is fine before the 15th August. Its this move after the cut off date which has stank your club out. Desperate to find any advantage for the playoffs. 

Under normal circumstances, with the loss of Bewley, I would have been hoping Belle Vue do well and make the final. However I hope Kings Lynn rip you a new one for this stunt.

Jeez im lost. Trying to find something positive to read on this thread  amoungst all the junk is like trying to find a needle in a haystack..

Edited by Starman2006

19 hours ago, acef said:

Steve he is injured. Look at his scores over the last month. He isn't the same rider.

Please don't put BV in the same category as Poole. 

We don't cheat. 

If BV sign someone now, that is cheating!!

Edited by lisa-colette