British Speedway Forum

Think people r putting 2 & 2 together as he is flying in 2moro, the same night there is a Fans meeting at the Aces.

Been told the meeting at the Aces is purely an evening with Craig Cook to discuss his forthcoming GP season and his career to date although I would presume on the night he would confirm he’s riding for us in 2018.

if Lemon and the Management are there i’m sure they will get asked about the team building although not sure they will give anything away just yet.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I would defend your right to express it but just last season alone you made numerous derogatory posts about him. I wasn't referring to just your last post, as I think I made clear.

There are riders individually we like and defend and riders that we don't rate or dislike and comment accordingly. He gets way less stick than Tai yet plenty see it as OK to berate him! Like I say we all have our opinions. 

22 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

The same way every other team were relieved when Thorsell signed for Wolves i mean if were discussing terrible signings that is right up there 

Comparing a rider still improving and making his way in the sport to a supposed world class rider. Great comparison. :neutral:

Just now, stevebrum said:

There are riders individually we like and defend and riders that we don't rate or dislike and comment accordingly. He gets way less stick than Tai yet plenty see it as OK to berate him! Like I say we all have our opinions. 

Comparing a rider still improving and making his way in the sport to a supposed world class rider. Great comparison. :neutral:

Comparing who despite what you say is very likely to increase his average to ones who will very likely drop.. know which i consider a good signing and which one is poor 

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Comparing a rider who has signed as a No.1 (but isn't good enough to be a No.1) with a rider who may sign as a 3rd heat leader/second string (and is much better than that).

Just now, phillipsr said:

Comparing who despite what you say is very likely to increase his average to ones who will very likely drop.. know which i consider a good signing and which one is poor 

I'd still say Thorssell will end up with a higher average of the 2 anyway so yes I know who I would prefer.

Just now, WalterPlinge said:

Comparing a rider who has signed as a No.1 (but isn't good enough to be a No.1) with a rider who may sign as a 3rd heat leader/second string (and is much better than that).

Time will tell. In a weakened league with only a couple of top boys racing he could even improve his average.

If he can maintain an 8 point average he will have done well IMHO.

We've seen riders being written off before a wheel has turned before and they've shown posters up.

Who knows,  KK might even ride to a world class standard in 2018. Anything is possible. :wink:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Who knows,  KK might even ride to a world class standard in 2018. Anything is possible. :wink:

If he does that, he'll have a Polish ban imposed on him.  Or some other reason why he can't ride in the UK, but can in continental Europe.  I am of an opinion that Islanditis is a crippling affliction many riders suffer from.  I would confined my recently announced affliction mostly to the those born in Eastern European, but a few Aussies & Swedes have also suffered from the disease in recent years.

Edited by Col

Wouldn't touch KK at all, too much baggage and not reliable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He could fit in the Poole team as a second string. But after his “efforts” of last season he will never ride for Poole again, even as a guest.

There must have an issue going on behind the scenes for KK to ride as badly as he did and then go to Rye House and go so well. He was almost riding under protest.  Always liked him as a rider before last season and dismissed talk of unreliability as even when guesting he has always performed in the past for Poole but now I never want to see us ride for us again. 

The rider that could suit Belle Vue is Gomolski.

Edited by foreverblue

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

There must have an issue going on behind the scenes for KK to ride as badly as he did and then go to Rye House and go so well. He was almost riding under protest.  Always liked him as a rider before last season and dismissed talk of unreliability as even when guesting he has always performed in the past for Poole but now I never want to see us ride for us again. 

The rider that could suit Belle Vue is Gomolski.

Not doing Britain 

We need someone 7.00 or under to fit into the proposed team , 

Przedpelski  maybe ? 

I’d rather take Drabik but can’t see Wroclaw letting him ride here.

Not sure re Przedpelski - gone downhill last couple of years & never fulfilled his early promise for me.

• Like 1

Am certain that after the Craig Cook meeting last night, you can count him in the Belle Vue team for 2018, although Mark  and Adrian, did not confirm any other signings on the night, they did hint that they have everything covered in the signings department, and are both working on other things regarding the finances of the club into 2018, and I got the impression we will all hear some news on the team sooner rather than later. 

I wouldn't mind seeing the following team for next season.

Cook     8.45    Batchelor  7.63     Fricke  7.39    Tungate   6.18    Bjerre (L)  6.10    Bewley  4.71    Smith  2.00

Total  =  £ 42.46.

All excellent at NSS.

35 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the following team for next season.

Cook     8.45    Batchelor  7.63     Fricke  7.39    Tungate   6.18    Bjerre (L)  6.10    Bewley  4.71    Smith  2.00

Total  =  £ 42.46.

All excellent at NSS.

All for less than £50 - marvellous :wink:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2