British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

If no TV deal I fear 2018 could be the last season in that stadium. 

Team will be built on a shoestring budget and so the crowds will be down to the bare minimum.

Crowds were shocking last year really for how well the team did and how great the racing was, so if they drop even further I can’t see how it will be sustainable???

So lets all pray that a TV deal is sorted or we could be the next team in a long line that can’t afford to run anymore 

Is this a troll post?

teams on a shoestring budget?   The Aces have been in the play-offs 3 years in a row

Crowds were shocking last year?  well clearly they weren't.   They were up by a decent percentage.   Why do people make up nonsense like this which can easily be factually discredited?

23 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Is this a troll post?

teams on a shoestring budget?   The Aces have been in the play-offs 3 years in a row

Crowds were shocking last year?  well clearly they weren't.   They were up by a decent percentage.   Why do people make up nonsense like this which can easily be factually discredited?

It’s not a troll post, I go every week and to quite a few away meetings as well.

if you think all is well behind the scenes and everything is rosey then good for you, but believe me it isn’t. Why else do u think Cooky hasn’t signed yet - we can’t afford him at present basically.

Hopefully a tv deal will happen meaning we can afford to build a competitive side like we have done the last few years. 

Without it, we may well struggle.

7 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

It’s not a troll post, I go every week and to quite a few away meetings as well.

if you think all is well behind the scenes and everything is rosey then good for you, but believe me it isn’t. Why else do u think Cooky hasn’t signed yet - we can’t afford him at present basically.

Hopefully a tv deal will happen meaning we can afford to build a competitive side like we have done the last few years. 

More making up stuff with no facts I see.

Why do I think Cook hasn't signed?  I don't.   I think he has signed for Belle Vue.

You think Cook will retire from British speedway if there is no TV deal?   daft!

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

More making up stuff with no facts I see.

Why do I think Cook hasn't signed?  I don't.   I think he has signed for Belle Vue.

You think Cook will retire from British speedway if there is no TV deal?   daft!

It’s my opinion u clown, just like u have yours!!!!

if Cook had signed, why wasn’t it announced at a packed PC suite with the man himself there?????? Personally I think he will be riding for us next season but maybe he may have to lower his wage expectations a bit, especially if no tv deal is in place. 

Never said Cook would retire from British Speedway - who is making stuff up now then????? Plenty of teams have spots available who could sign him. 

Just saying, like Mr Rising said, that the tv deal could well be a key for us in how strong our team will be. If it’s a weak one then I do genuinely fear for us in the future. Again, my opinion only which I am actually entitled to have!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

It’s my opinion u clown, just like u have yours!!!!

if Cook had signed, why wasn’t it announced at a packed PC suite with the man himself there?????? Personally I think he will be riding for us next season but maybe he may have to lower his wage expectations a bit, especially if no tv deal is in place. 

Never said Cook would retire from British Speedway - who is making stuff up now then????? Plenty of teams have spots available who could sign him. 

Just saying, like Mr Rising said, that the tv deal could well be a key for us in how strong our team will be. If it’s a weak one then I do genuinely fear for us in the future. Again, my opinion only which I am actually entitled to have!!!! 

Oh dear.   Resorting to verbal abuse.  The sign of a lost argument.   (p.s. I hope you get the irony of you calling other people "clowns").

You stated as a fact that Cook hadn't signed and asked why.    But it isn't a fact that Cook hasn't signed.   In my opinion he probably has.

Now you're asking "if Cook had signed, why wasn’t it announced at a packed PC suite with the man himself there??????"  So you're already backing down on your (false) claim that you knew he hadn't signed.

Why was it not announced at Cook's social evening whether he'd signed or not?   Because it's up to the Promoters to announce signings, and they're not going to make individual announcements until all riders are signed maybe?  (They made it clear that the meeting you refer to was A Night with Craig Cook, and not a meeting called by the promoters).

No, you didn't directly say that Cook would retire, but you did claim that he would be unaffordable without a TV deal.  So that equates to retirement. 

Anyway, your resorting to verbal abuse tells us everything....

30 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Is that why Jack Smith and Dan Bewley haven't signed, too ? 

7 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Is that why Jack Smith and Dan Bewley haven't signed, too ? 

He probably thinks (or claims that he knows) they haven't.     

18 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Oh dear.   Resorting to verbal abuse.  The sign of a lost argument.   (p.s. I hope you get the irony of you calling other people "clowns").

You stated as a fact that Cook hadn't signed and asked why.    But it isn't a fact that Cook hasn't signed.   In my opinion he probably has.

Now you're asking "if Cook had signed, why wasn’t it announced at a packed PC suite with the man himself there??????"  So you're already backing down on your (false) claim that you knew he hadn't signed.

Why was it not announced at Cook's social evening whether he'd signed or not?   Because it's up to the Promoters to announce signings, and they're not going to make individual announcements until all riders are signed maybe?  (They made it clear that the meeting you refer to was A Night with Craig Cook, and not a meeting called by the promoters).

No, you didn't directly say that Cook would retire, but you did claim that he would be unaffordable without a TV deal.  So that equates to retirement. 

Anyway, your resorting to verbal abuse tells us everything....

Sounds like u know it all??

maybe u should ask someone with a modicum of intelligence to explain it to u as u don’t seem to get it??

what I say is my opinion and what u say is yours, fair enough. I never said it was a “fact” that he hadn’t signed - I just said it was odd that it wasn’t announced at a Fans forum if he had?? Not backing down on anything if u read it properly.

and again, I said we may not be able to afford Cooky and yet u keep banging on about retirement?? It doesn’t equate to retirement at all, there are other teams in the league that could sign him u know - we don’t have a divine right to sign him every season!!!!! 

Perhaps if you read the Belle Vue Facebook page you would see that there are others worried about our financial state and what might happen in the future. I’m sure a tv deal will be sorted and certainly hope it is as we can’t have any other clubs falling into financial difficulties which could easily happen without one.

Clearly there is some sort of money issue at belle vue. Adrian smith always states they have to feed the beast. It' not cheap to run speedway here and as the j man states (bradfordace) crowds wasn' brilliant last year.  Not forgetting the lost money from staging no bank holiday fixtures. 

I have it on good authority that the budget is tight and as a result they will wait to see if a TV deal can be done. As phillip rising states. 

While all teams have tightened there purse strings and have rushed to sign riders  I am happy with belle vue to wait and see if a deal can be sorted and therefore have a bigger team budget than most to sign riders. It could work in our favour. 

And anyway did we not sign 7 riders in late febuary last year and we still made play offs and won a tropht. So no panic yet. 

Cook at his night stated a contract had been offered to him but he has added a plus to it, and belle vue have added a minus to it. So they will have to find a happy medium. And times that by 6 if rumoured 6 out of last years team is returning. 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

I never said it was a “fact” that he hadn’t signed

Lying too, now.   

32 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

maybe u should ask someone with a modicum of intelligence to explain it to u as u don’t seem to get it??

More laughable verbal abuse.   Usually the sign of low intelligence and a lost argument.  

13 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Lying too, now.   

More laughable verbal abuse.   Usually the sign of low intelligence and a lost argument.  

Ha ha, still not getting it eh!!! Never mind petal!!!! 

4 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

If no TV deal I fear 2018 could be the last season in that stadium. 

Team will be built on a shoestring budget and so the crowds will be down to the bare minimum.

Crowds were shocking last year really for how well the team did and how great the racing was, so if they drop even further I can’t see how it will be sustainable???

So lets all pray that a TV deal is sorted or we could be the next team in a long line that can’t afford to run anymore 

There was no way the crowds were shocking....

the new promotion accept that there will be a loss in the first year but are very positive about the stadium and it’s future.

16 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

There was no way the crowds were shocking....

the new promotion accept that there will be a loss in the first year but are very positive about the stadium and it’s future.

There was a couple of really bad ones when it rained most of the day.