British Speedway Forum

Yeah, Wroclaw and Leszno both had 2 decent rsvs last season and was probably one of the reasons why they ended up being in the Grand Final.

Smektala and Drabik were the main guys for them and are World U21 stars. Always unlikely the teams would want these 2 guys riding in England as they are too important to them.

Drodz and Kubera were always going to be on our radar more as they aren’t quite as good as yet. In time though hopefully!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Lebedevs just wishful thinking 

Obviously would all wantbdrabik or smektala whobsre the next batch of top young poles. Behind them 2 its kubera And drodz And drodz. He is the best of the rest behind the big 2 young poles

Kubera

What about Woryna and Lampart and in reality Drodz is in the group of Pawel P, KP, BZ that is the group of riders he will go in not the Drabik group. 

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

So to get your team news link on to Polish team web sites. :blink: 

Yep - very poor isn’t it??

Perhaps they may now get off their behinds and start announcing some riders!! They should realize in this day and age that news gets leaked on social media if you mess about for too long!!!! 

• Like 1

I'd agree Drabik, Woryna, Smektala and Kubera are the top prospects, but I'd also suggest that

• Rafal Karczmarz
  • Oskar Bober
  • Oskar Polis
  • Daniel Kaczmarek

are all better than Drozdz (and under 21)

In addition the following riders are all 19 or less (ie at least two years younger than Drozdz) and therefore better long term prospects.

Igor Kopec-Sobczynski

Jakub Miskowiak

Wiktor Lampart

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Kubera

What about Woryna and Lampart and in reality Drodz is in the group of Pawel P, KP, BZ that is the group of riders he will go in not the Drabik group. 

With Drodz now moving out of the 2 POL junior berths for 2018 and into the seniors he will probably struggle to get meetings in 2018 in POL with Fricke now signed for Wroclaw. I assume part of the reason for signing in UK is that he will at least get meetings as a probable reserve in UK to cover the shortfall.

There are still plenty of weakish reserves in UK teams compared to the POL EXL, so in theory he may score relatively well against other reserves if he has been brought in on a 4 plus av. He will have to adapt to our smaller tracks but the fact he is retained by Sparta and not loaned out means that he has shown some ability.

Interesting signing who has done his apprenticeship in the junior races in POl EXL (and against the top riders), and could be a surprise package without too much pressure put on him. If he and Bewley are their 2 reserves it is a young up and coming pairing who should do well.

14 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Kubera

Never put him in drabik group. He' the group behind. I forgot woryna so put him in drabik group

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

With Drodz now moving out of the 2 POL junior berths for 2018 and into the seniors he will probably struggle to get meetings in 2018 in POL with Fricke now signed for Wroclaw. I assume part of the reason for signing in UK is that he will at least get meetings as a probable reserve in UK to cover the shortfall.

There are still plenty of weakish reserves in UK teams compared to the POL EXL, so in theory he may score relatively well against other reserves if he has been brought in on a 4 plus av. He will have to adapt to our smaller tracks but the fact he is retained by Sparta and not loaned out means that he has shown some ability.

Interesting signing who has done his apprenticeship in the junior races in POl EXL (and against the top riders), and could be a surprise package without too much pressure put on him. If he and Bewley are their 2 reserves it is a young up and coming pairing who should do well.

Diddnt realise he' now out of the reserve berths. Bit of a worry him not having many meetings. 

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I'd agree Drabik, Woryna, Smektala and Kubera are the top prospects, but I'd also suggest that

• Rafal Karczmarz
  • Oskar Bober
  • Oskar Polis
  • Daniel Kaczmarek

are all better than Drozdz (and under 21)

In addition the following riders are all 19 or less (ie at least two years younger than Drozdz) and therefore better long term prospects.

Igor Kopec-Sobczynski

Jakub Miskowiak

Wiktor Lampart

I' have taken polis. I like him. That' miskowiak kid is bloody good to. Is he any relation to Robert 

Not the finest hour for the Gorton branch of the Masonic Lodge. All very well and good wanting to announce the team in one go, but has backfired on them this time. Personally, I would like the club to announce signings as and when they happen, as it helps to maintain an interest level during the bleak winter months.

• Like 1

Wouldn't keeping Jack Smith on a 2.00 pt  average have been a better option signing than Drodz ? 

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 minute ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Wouldn't keeping Jack Smith on a 2.00 pt  average have be a better option signing than Drodz ? 

Only if you could sign a 7 pointer. Obviously they couldn't

Also very good to see fricke retained. A great entertaining rider. Welcome back 

Will be a good indication this year where GB is on the world stage with drodz wroyna and co in the premiership. If they set things alight its a further worry. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Only if you could sign a 7 pointer. Obviously they couldn't

So if Drodz comes in on 4 pt mark , that leaves 5pts to play with for the last slot ?

Surely Smith and say Lasse Bjerre would have been better ?

, unless we actually do make a Woryna / Lebedevs  kind of signing ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will be a good indication this year where GB is on the world stage with drodz wroyna and co in the premiership. If they set things alight its a further worry. 

Maybe but remember that a lot of UK tracks are a great leveller compared to the POL tracks, with our being tighter and more technical and some with the usual holes and bumps. You need to be able to negotiate and handle them as its not as flat out as in POL. It may take all these youngsters a while to get used to them and also find the right set ups which assume so different to POL tracks.

Riders such as Woryna probably will benefit from having has at least one season here where some of these other young guys it will be a completely new experience on top of the travelling/commuting to UK which will also be new let alone the drives to and from the airports on our great road system.....

However those going it at reserve will at least not be thrown it at the deep end initially.