British Speedway Forum

Hope not  tbh.

1 - 6 is good.

Prefer Joe Jacobs over Etheridge.

• Like 1

Etheridge will be fine.

I think it's marginally weaker than last year but then so is the league.

The main point though is the cost of it and it's clearly not the most expensive so the club will continue. They are thinking like proper owners should and not breaking the business. A new pole will hopefully help crowds there is a big polish community in Manchester.

32 minutes ago, acef said:

Cook

Fricke

Tungate

Drozdz 

Worrall

Bewley

Etheridge 

That's the team. 

Happy with that on the basis of Tungate being more than good enough to step up to heat leader, especially in this league and with the form he’s in. I too would have preferred Jacobs, but I was happy for Jack to come back so can’t really complain about Etheridge. 

Fricke should be looking at kicking on and pushing Craig too. Could see them both averaging 8.50 or so. We look good at reserve but a lot will depend on how Drozdz and Tungate do. 

Also nice to see continuity between last years team and this.

Edited by Aces High

1 hour ago, acef said:

Cook

Fricke

Tungate

Drozdz 

Worrall

Bewley

Etheridge 

That's the team. 

This official? Can’t see it on the BV site.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unofficially, yes ;-)

1 hour ago, TheOpinion said:

Happy with that on the basis of Tungate being more than good enough to step up to heat leader, especially in this league and with the form he’s in. I too would have preferred Jacobs, but I was happy for Jack to come back so can’t really complain about Etheridge. 

Etheridge will travel better than Joe. It's a shame a Brit misses out but Jay, imo, is the better rider. 

We will be strong at the NSS. I'd imagine Drozdz will get along well with the place. Very similar to his Polish track.

50 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Fricke should be looking at kicking on and pushing Craig too. Could see them both averaging 8.50 or so. We look good at reserve but a lot will depend on how Drozdz and Tungate do. 

Also nice to see continuity between last years team and this.

We are much stronger at reserve. The team lacks a genuine number 1 but there is solidarity in that top 5. Like I said above, we will likely win all of our home meetings.

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Also you won't see anything official from Belle Vue for a while. I think Adrian is on holiday and mark is in Australia. 

Nobody really available to update the social channels.

Which imo is poor. Even without a tv deal this team would still be economical enough.

13 minutes ago, acef said:

We are much stronger at reserve. The team lacks a genuine number 1 but there is solidarity in that top 5. Like I said above, we will likely win all of our home meetings.

In a normal season yes but I think Cook is as strong as most of the number ones so far (Kurtz, Thorsell, Morris).

16 minutes ago, acef said:

apart from Doyle, I can't see a better No1, Vaclav springs to mind ,but he is new to the PL so is untested

26 minutes ago, acef said:

Also you won't see anything official from Belle Vue for a while. I think Adrian is on holiday and mark is in Australia. 

Nobody really available to update the social channels.

Which imo is poor. Even without a tv deal this team would still be economical enough.

On that subject - I think BV’s social media presence generally is extremely poor. In 2018 it’s got to be a priority to get the basics of that stuff running regularly and smoothly. It really doesn’t take much to have a designated role for someone to look after it both more frequently and to a higher standard. Some other clubs have really upped their game in this regard.

I’m not hating though, as I’m sure they’re well aware of this and probably have plans in place.

Edited by TheOpinion

38 minutes ago, acef said:

Unofficially, yes ;-)

Then a solid team but not one to win the league. Bewley will do well at reserve and move up into the team at the first green sheets putting Drodz at 6. They will probably win all their home meetings but points away may be harder to come by away from NSS. Built on a budget.

20 minutes ago, Aces High said:

In a normal season yes but I think Cook is as strong as most of the number ones so far (Kurtz, Thorsell, Morris).

14 minutes ago, hyderd said:

apart from Doyle, I can't see a better No1, Vaclav springs to mind ,but he is new to the PL so is untested

He's as good as the rest apart from Doyle but that doesn't make him a genuine number 1. He's never ridden that position before. Sane as the others.

He will be fine based on the fact he is of a similar ability if not marginally better.

I agree many teams are lacking that old money number 1.