British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not a lot between those sets of heat leaders really. Poole's strength is in their ringer Poles.

You say  Poole ringer Poles - but they was there for all teams to sign so hardly Mat Ford fault - same can be said when Darcy first came to the UK and signed for KL went from a reserve to no1 but he was there to be signed by other clubs .

32 minutes ago, Haza said:

You say  Poole ringer Poles - but they was there for all teams to sign so hardly Mat Ford fault - same can be said when Darcy first came to the UK and signed for KL went from a reserve to no1 but he was there to be signed by other clubs .

You are beginning to sound like a Poole fan! No one said it was anyone's fault and we all know these riders were available so other teams could have signed them.  It is an astute piece of team building by Matt Ford - all within the rules.  But on those averages, they are ringers and their averages can only go one way in this weakened league!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

As Steve says I never blamed Poole, it's the system which is broken letting riders back into the league on false averages having been away for a few years - five years in one case! 

Assessed averages for riders who haven't ridden here are a bit different but I agree they aren't always reflective of ability.

2 hours ago, Haza said:

In truth they weren't 'there for all teams to sign' tho. Woryna was made an asset at the tail end of last season and Mateusz is already a Poole asset.

The theory that any team could have signed them is cancelled out by the reality of that likely to happen.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

In truth they weren't 'there for all teams to sign' tho. Woryna was made an asset at the tail end of last season and Mateusz is already a Poole asset.

The theory that any team could have signed them is cancelled out by the reality of that likely to happen.

Exactly. Holder was desperate to sign for another club but the asset system prevented that.

Back on topic is there a way to find out which riders are assets of Belle Vue?

Sundstrom had a relatively poor season in Poland last year so I'm not sure he will be better than Worrall. Steve is still improving and I agree with others that there won't be much between them.

It is ridiculous that riders can be signed on averages 4 or 5 years old. As I have said before it would be easy to have an open, transparent and fair system by creating mathematical formula to convert all foreign league averages to UK averages, just as we do to convert PL to CL averages and vice versa.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Mateusz is a Kings Lynn asset so anyone was available to sign him. 

Yes 6 of them are Poole assets but Mateusz isn’t. 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Woryna was there for all teams to sign as 'an asset at the tail end of last season'! Poole - not for the first time - got there first, despite all the conjured-up dislike between Ford and Horton!!:)

If you think those riders on those averages were available to every team you are incredibly naive. 

Rules chop and change to suit certain teams. Fans want to see a sporting contest and are leaving the sport due to the corrupt nature of modern speedway, the media likewise. 

We’ve had boring races, drawn out meetings etc etc for years but fans kept coming, but this is just too much for most fans. 

• Like 1

Cook vs kurtz - kurtz is improving at a fast rate, is only marginally behind Cooks average now and has expierienxe at number one in the top flight whereas Cook hasnt. Come October I would say Kurtz will higher average so I would probably go with him. 

Fricke vs Holder - Holder all day long , he wont be world champ again but if he has his head remotely screwed on there is plenty of room to add to his figure. Fricke didnt kick on as hoped last season. 

Tungate vs Sundstrom - Sundstrom all day long. 

Worrall vs Josh G - hard one but Josh G averaged more last season and that was from riding at 1 in a struggling side. 

Then you throw in the two Poles and this Poole side looks brilliant. If they avoid injuries I cannot see anyone touching them, and that is just with the Poles adding to their figures. The top three could all add a point if not more to their aves. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Mateusz is a Kings Lynn asset so anyone was available to sign him. 

Yes 6 of them are Poole assets but Mateusz isn’t. 

I don't remember Kings Lynn signing him from Poole. Where was that confirmed? 

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Woryna was there for all teams to sign as 'an asset at the tail end of last season'! Poole - not for the first time - got there first, despite all the conjured-up dislike between Ford and Horton!!:)

Agreed. But never available for anyone else to sign all close season. 

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I don't remember Kings Lynn signing him from Poole. Where was that confirmed? 

Never been a Poole asset. 

Why matt ford said thanks to kings Lynn when he signed him. 

From the echo 

King’s Lynn asset Szczepaniak has just enjoyed the season of his life having topped the Polish second tier averages

Edited by poolebolton

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Never been a Poole asset. 

Why matt ford said thanks to kings Lynn when he signed him. 

Apologies. Having checked I see that he was still assessed for Poole.  Thought he rode more meetings for the Pirates.  Well pointed out.

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Apologies. Having checked I see that he was still assessed for Poole.  Thought he rode more meetings for the Pirates.  Well pointed out.

I agree with you though. I don’t think he was offered to all clubs. 

I am sure Ford said to chapman that NKI will cost you less on loan if we get Matt S.