British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, ouch said:

Yes it was.

If they hadn’t have fannied about with the averages last year Craig would have been No1 as he finished 2016 with a higher EL average than Max. 

You are right. Harris was the number one at the start of the season but Schlein was by the end of the season

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

The Poole track though Steve could be a big concern it has been poor for along time now  i  really liked  Woryna when he rode for Coventry and now he is different gravy.I can see him averaging over 7,  M.S in the top five i am not totally convinced with he will do well to average anywhere near 6.7 in my view at reserve he will be fine.

Yes I'm sure the track might throw up some issues for several of the Poole boys, none more so than Holder of course. 

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yes I'm sure the track might throw up some issues for several of the Poole boys, none more so than Holder of course. 

What? like when he scored 13 for KL before the fateful parting of the ways the following night?!

13 hours ago, ouch said:

Yes it was.

If they hadn’t have fannied about with the averages last year Craig would have been No1 as he finished 2016 with a higher EL average than Max. 

I see Cook's main sponsor - CFS - has become main title sponsors of Swindon!!!!

With all the close season to work on the track I would be surprised if Pooles problematic surface is not much better this season, as for all the  who will be better than who no one knows until the season starts, this time last season Kasprzak was being hailed a shrewd signing by some, look what happened there. Im hoping for a season of quality racing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

What? like when he scored 13 for KL before the fateful parting of the ways the following night?!

He did indeed  put in his best performance for Lynn by far that night at Poole.He wasn't hanging about.I think with his Brother being there,banter in the pits,  and he must of had a great reception by the fans , it had some influence on the following nights events.;)

Geoff Geoff where are you?

Theyre talking about Kings Lynn now :P

At least when it was Poole it was about play off rivals :D

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I see Cook's main sponsor - CFS - has become main title sponsors of Swindon!!!!

and :unsure:

Great to see that Dan has signed for Norkopping in 2018....Vargarna ... the Wolves

i am sure he will gain great experience over the season....

• Like 1

Anyone know when the riders are likely to be announced for the 90th Anniversary meeting?

49 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Anyone know when the riders are likely to be announced for the 90th Anniversary meeting?

Not worried about the line up... they will pick good racers just like last year’s PCM.

Hope we have the men in black and most importantly a large number of ex Belle Vue riders to parade before the actual meeting.

Men in back I hate. But with it being the 90th then they should be there. They do have an upright race before the meeting with Gary o'hare and someone else. 

Assume some of the line up will be released at the fans forum next week. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

Anything interesting from the fans forum? Saw that Steve Worrall will take over the captaincy from Cookie this year which is probably a sensible move.

Pleased to see that Kyle Bickley, who is 16 today,  has signed as an asset following signing a letter of intent 2 years ago.

Bewley and Bickley are two of the best British prospects and we are fortunate to have been able to sign them both.

• Like 4

As expected really, Kyle has joined Belle Vue as an asset.

Tremendous outlook for the future with both Dan and Kyle as part of Belle Vue’s future.

Absoultely delighted