British Speedway Forum

50 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Great to see FIM Speedway of Nations at NSS on June 5th

if it matches the World Cup FINAL at the NSS, that would be marvellous 

Have you seen the Teams!!!!! No danger of matching WTC.Cant see it attracting as big a crowd either.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have you seen the Teams!!!!! No danger of matching WTC.Cant see it attracting as big a crowd either.

Why not, todays speedway fans don't get enough speedway, so even though it's not a particular strong field it is another meeting with the incentive for the riders to compete in an international meeting and a final in Poland. Bring it on I say. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Why not, todays speedway fans don't get enough speedway, so even though it's not a particular strong field it is another meeting with the incentive for the riders to compete in an international meeting and a final in Poland. Bring it on I say. 

Why not,the WTC had most of theTop riders in the World.As you say though bring it on.!

On 27/02/2018 at 8:53 PM, Sidney the robin said:

Shows your total lack of  respect and  certainly  any knowledge  of speedway, was Joe useless at Mildenall ? was he useless at Workington ? was he useless at Glasgow ? was he useless at Ipswich ? the answer is  NO.Your club knows the numbers game better than anyone Newman bombed out  Howarth bombed out Starke bombed out all Brits best you stick to selling your Steptoe/Son junk  and comment on another sport.!!!!

You do make me laugh. No nothing about speedway? Lol!

Since when have Mildenhall, Workington, Glasgow and Ipswich been in the top flight for Jacobs to score a point? 

Belle Vue, the only track he can get around in the top flight, binned him because he was garbage elsewhere. A one trick pony. Harsh, yes, but true. 

As for changing allegiances, Swindon introduced me to speedway in 73 and by 76 I was living in Poole where I became a fan. 40 years a Pirate and proud of it. Still a STFC supporter though as I started going when I was 8.  

As for selling junk, I didn’t realise selling fine art was junk! My Steptoe ‘junk’ should do me nearly a million this year. 

Up the Pirates!  ☠️

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree. Doubt there would be many there. Smaller crowd than a league meeting. Shame its not the final but Poland insist on such events.

Still some decent riders on show to hopefully get a few 1000 ppl in

Holder

Doyle

Cook

Tai

Lindback

Lindgren

Millk

Covatti

To name a few

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Still some decent riders on show to hopefully get a few 1000 ppl in

Holder

Doyle

Cook

Tai

Lindback

Lindgren

Millk

Covatti

To name a few

Don’t think Covati is really the same level as the rest. 

And will Tai ride!! Still has to sort some other stuff out. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You do make me laugh. No nothing about speedway? Lol!

Since when have Mildenhall, Workington, Glasgow and Ipswich been in the top flight for Jacobs to score a point? 

Belle Vue, the only track he can get around in the top flight, binned him because he was garbage elsewhere. A one trick pony. Harsh, yes, but true. 

As for changing allegiances, Swindon introduced me to speedway in 73 and by 76 I was living in Poole where I became a fan. 40 years a Pirate and proud of it. Still a STFC supporter though as I started going when I was 8.  

As for selling junk, I didn’t realise selling fine art was junk! My Steptoe ‘junk’ should do me nearly a million this year. 

Up the Pirates!  ☠️

Have you thought of sponsoring the Pirates..Or do you already ?

31 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Don’t think Covati is really the same level as the rest. 

And will Tai ride!! Still has to sort some other stuff out. 

Hopefully the Aussies will go with Doyle and either their National Champion, Tungate or Max Fricke.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ABS said:

Hopefully the Aussies will go with Doyle and either their National Champion, Tungate or Max Fricke.

Still think Holder will be there. 

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Have you thought of sponsoring the Pirates..Or do you already ?

Already invest heavily, but only in my business. All profits re-invested into building it up. Have seen huge growth in the last few years but nowhere near where I want it to be. Afraid my type of business won’t benefit from an average speedway fan. And that’s with no disrespect intended at all. 

As for this round of the revamped swc, I hope Woffinden is not considered at all. Choose Brits who WANT to ride for their country. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Still think Holder will be there. 

Imo Brady Kurtz or Max Fricke should partner Doyle unless Holder ups his game considerably in league racing

Batchelor must be a shoe in with how he rides Belle Vue.

At Belle Vue it should be Fricke then Holder then Batchelor then Tungate. Morris and Kurtz not good enough and it should be horses for courses 

Think it all depends on early season form. 

If Tungate and Josh G are banging in points then take them. Doubt it but just saying take form.