British Speedway Forum

Whatever happens I am sure that Adrian and Mark will have 7 racers in the side that will entertain us at the best track in Britain

• Like 1

1. Cook

2. Hougaard

3. Holder/Woffinden

4. Tungate

5. Zagar/Fricke

6. Bewley

7. Smith

I would think the ONLY certainty of a 2018 team place is the very talented & popular Dan Bewley............ the rest of the team will be determined by averages & cost, one thing for sure, most riders would love to have Belle Vue as their home race track.

• Like 1

I would think the ONLY certainty of a 2018 team place is the very talented & popular Dan Bewley............ the rest of the team will be determined by averages & cost, one thing for sure, most riders would love to have Belle Vue as their home race track.

indeed cost does come into it, but if a team is built on the cheap and the product shows it to be cheap, then the best track in the UK could become a white Elephant,

1/ C. Holder 7.13

2/ P. Hougaard 6.09

3/ M. Fricke 7.39

4/ R. Tungate 6.18

5/ C.Cook 8.45

6/ D.Bewley 4.71

7/ J. Smith 2.00

41.95 .... Easy ! :D

Not if the limit is 41 😉

HEARD a rumour that the Council (MCC) are going to fund covers fort the track in 2018.

Yes. Eddie Smith said so at the maugers ball.

He is going to the council for more money to improve facilities and track covers

He is going to the council for more money to improve facilities and track covers

Hope you guys are successful in getting them.

I think UK Summers seem to be getting more unpredictable with maybe more rain when we should be basking in the Sun.

Track covers are a great idea and I am sure they would reduce the amount of meetings lost and also importantly protect the tracks from getting too wet to the degree it affects good racing.

Rain is the scourge of our sport and with so many more meetings than say the Poles etc then clubs need to protect their tracks where possible so they don't end up with end of season and non race night replacements.

Good luck to BV is their quest to get some reasonable funding for them.

• Like 3

Hope you guys are successful in getting them.

I think UK Summers seem to be getting more unpredictable with maybe more rain when we should be basking in the Sun.

Track covers are a great idea and I am sure they would reduce the amount of meetings lost and also importantly protect the tracks from getting too wet to the degree it affects good racing.

Rain is the scourge of our sport and with so many more meetings than say the Poles etc then clubs need to protect their tracks where possible so they don't end up with end of season and non race night replacements.

Good luck to BV is their quest to get some reasonable funding for them.

Great idea. To go on from that point all Extraliga clubs must have covers by 2020 excluding Torun(roof) and Wroclaw because they already have them.

Once again a great idea.

• Like 1

Great for you guys.Should help with crowds in iffy weather ;) .

Well I'm hearing its going to be a 41 point limit so yet again lowering the standard. This time by quite alot. This team ive perdicted for us shows it.

Bjerre

Cook

Worrall

Tungate

Bewley

Perks

Smith/bickley

That fits just under the 41 limit therefor swapping fricke for perks 😮😮

Will the admission reflect this

Edited by Phil The Ace

The total for the present team is 43.98 not 49. Clubs are presently losing money and if there is no TV cash it will be even worse, so it seems unlikely there will be any reduction in the admission charges next year if we want the club to survive. I'm more than happy to pay what they charge for the quality of racing we see at the NSS.

Well I'm hearing its going to be a 41 point limit so yet again lowering the standard. This time by quite alot. This team ive perdicted for us shows it.

Last year they effectively dropped from 42 pts to 35iah for team building so Im not sure why you are saying they dropped quite a lot this year with a 1 point reduction? Which actually is needed if the league is expanding to 10-12 teams