British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, colin wood said:

Milik and Lebedevs can't or won't ride in the UK so what's the point of going after them

Just wait and see for 2019. Mr Milik may be changing his mind. ;)

18 hours ago, bellevueace said:

The tie up can only help the youngsters of both clubs, how often do we hear of young British riders not getting the chance to race on the continent? This will allow both teams kids to experience riding abroad, some people don't appear to be able to see the bigger picture, just wanting to sign ready made riders with no vision for the future.

Totally agree i  have heard if you go to Polish clubs you learn a lot certainly on the mechanical side it has to be invaluable really learn something it has to be good.!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Why would you not want to get those guys?? 

Don't think Drodz is really ever going to get to that level. 

I've no idea what you're talking about now ?, i didn't say i wouldn't have those guys?

I said they have no relevance to this BV /  Wroclaw deal.

And how do you know what level Drozdz will reach ???, 

Ridiculous comments as usual , anything not attached to Poole Speedway always treated negatively

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sounding very bitter and jealous poolebolton

Think it must be something in the water in Dorset ?, ;)

36 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I've no idea what you're talking about now ?, i didn't say i wouldn't have those guys?

I said they have no relevance to this BV /  Wroclaw deal.

And how do you know what level Drozdz will reach ???, 

Ridiculous comments as usual , anything not attached to Poole Speedway always treated negatively

spot on !! 

• Like 1

This week alone ,we've been informed .....

Fricke is under performing / Kurtz is better prospect 

The NSS track is "to big"

Drozdz will never reach Milik or Lebedevs standards 

Edited by WestGorton1884

12 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

This week alone ,we've been informed .....

Fricke is under performing / Kurtz is better prospect 

The NSS track is "to big"

Drozdz will never reach Milik or Lebedevs standards 

I certainly think Lemon is a big Max fan also he likes Brady as well both i believe can go far in the sport  if it all clicks Fricke can be a in/out no 1 make the step up just like Thorssell.

• Like 1

At the recent fans forum we were told about the tie up with the Polish club and the advantages to both teams youngsters. What was also said was the owners are aware that Poland is the most successful speedway nation in the world, that their business model is obviously working, and that it is something we can learn from. This is looking ahead to also improve Belle Vue as a club and the way its run seeing how they do things and if we could implement certain ideas.No doubt if a certain southern based club were doing this some would be telling us how innovative this is instead of trying to diss it. The sport in this country needs this kind of forward thinking instead of treading the same old path that obviously isnt working.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

At the recent fans forum we were told about the tie up with the Polish club and the advantages to both teams youngsters. What was also said was the owners are aware that Poland is the most successful speedway nation in the world, that their business model is obviously working, and that it is something we can learn from. This is looking ahead to also improve Belle Vue as a club and the way its run seeing how they do things and if we could implement certain ideas.No doubt if a certain southern based club were doing this some would be telling us how innovative this is instead of trying to diss it. The sport in this country needs this kind of forward thinking instead of treading the same old path that obviously isnt working.

It has to be good real forward thinking was Dent Oliver years ahead of his time ? his passion was producing young riders.It does not necessarily have to be British riders any nationality if the club produce young riders how that has to be good for the club.Also like Hyde Rd  the track is that good that riders will want to stay long term and that creates a position where you can keep a core of a team most years.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Spot on Sid, the Dent Oliver era produced a production line of talent, trying to establish a basis for bringing on young riders is a vital aspect. Other clubs also have a commitment to youth, which we need. You only have to look at top level football nowadays where buying ready made foreign players impides the development of young home grown players. And our record in football is even worse that thei Speedway compatriots.

Edited by bellevueace

Just 1 week to go guys and gals 

• Like 2

Cracking race hope you recognise how lucky you are!!!!

16 minutes ago, bruno said:

Cracking race hope you recognise how lucky you are!!!!

I think most of us do especially after the dog track. You could get good racing there but it was entirely different, not fast and close with many racing lines but usually dependent on riders making mistakes or home track advantage. Nowhere near so exciting to watch and far fewer good races. A track like the NSS proves that racing can be as good today as it ever was.

• Like 4

Just back from P&P. 

All riders looked good. But then everyone does on thrtr own. Looking forward to Monday now. 

Team suits look good