Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Is it true Drodz is going to ride at No.4? Big mistake if true. No need for S. Worrall to be at No.2

Worrall i like a lot see him at Swindon for a year he has made huge strides at home he needs to be better away he is really, decent.Actually think at home he can improve and away he is really adaptable to any track a great team rider.

I think Steve is in the top ten going into this year with his current away average. 

Paul starke is in to replace drozdz who's injured. 

It's a 28 day replacement 

Just now, poolebolton said:

Polish Press not very happy with Cook today. 

Saying he lacked a lot of speed. 

Not surprised. 

Cook will struggle this year imo. Lack of meeting's will get to him eventually.

I know this sounds silly but I don't think qualifying for the GP's is going to help Cook. 

Hope I'm wrong because I like Cookie I just worry about his confidence being affected in 2018 due to struggles in the GP's and possibly limited Polish rides due to form outside of the UK. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not surprised. 

Cook will struggle this year imo. Lack of meeting's will get to him eventually.

I know this sounds silly but I don't think qualifying for the GP's is going to help Cook. 

Hope I'm wrong because I like Cookie I just worry about his confidence being affected in 2018 due to struggles in the GP's and possibly limited Polish rides due to form outside of the UK. 

Should have taken the place in Sweden!! 

• Like 1

Here we go.....Just wondering, are Poole fans negative about every club or is it  just BV ?

In the space of a week....

"Fricke is under performing"

"Drozdz will be a failure "

Bewley is "over hyped" 

Now "Cook will struggle "   far to early to be making any judgement on any rider from any team , IMO 

• Like 4

I too am disappointed by Cook's form in the GP's that haven't started yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Here we go.....Just wondering, are Poole fans negative about every club or is it  just BV ?

In the space of a week....

"Fricke is under performing"

"Drozdz will be a failure "

Bewley is "over hyped" 

Now "Cook will struggle "   far to early to be making any judgement on any rider from any team , IMO 

I stuck up for Tungate the other day. 

My assessment is more than fair. Every rider needs track time and if Cook gets dropped in Poland then track time will become an issue. 

Just now, Aces High said:

I too am disappointed by Cook's form in the GP's that haven't started yet.

If you think Cook is going to be competitive in the GP's then you need a re-think. 

Not being nasty like I said I like Cookie but lets be honest he has no chance of being in the top 8 if Craig is competitive then he's done well. 

9 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I’m not making a judgment just saying what polish press said today. 

I didn't say you specifically, and maybe Cookie is out of his depth in the GPs and the Polish Ekstraliga 

He's deserved this chance to test himself against the very best though , cant fault the guy, wish we had more riders like him

5 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I stuck up for Tungate the other day. 

My assessment is more than fair. Every rider needs track time and if Cook gets dropped in Poland then track time will become an issue. 

Track time in Poland or in general ?, im sure he'll be ok , even if Rybik drop him 

Just now, WestGorton1884 said:

Track time in Poland or in general ?, im sure he'll be ok , even if Rybik drop him 

Track time in general. I hope Cookie does well in the GP's but its a tough ask up against world class experienced riders.