British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Here we go.....Just wondering, are Poole fans negative about every club or is it  just BV ?

In the space of a week....

"Fricke is under performing"

"Drozdz will be a failure "

Bewley is "over hyped" 

Now "Cook will struggle "   far to early to be making any judgement on any rider from any team , IMO 

Not speedway fans. Just trolls that hit various sites stirring it. Place on ignore as the only way to defeat them is not to feed them. 

Also there’s a good chance they are the same person. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Track time in general. I hope Cookie does well in the GP's but its a tough ask up against world class experienced riders.

Definitely , but as i stated , he's earned this opportunity to test himself against the best,

Wish there were more British riders with Cookies attitude   

• Like 2

Bear in mind while Craig will be facing the best in the GPs his Polish club, Rybnik, were relegated from the Ekstraliga last year so he will be racing in their second tier, League 1.

Steve Worrall's Polish club, Rawicz race in the third tier, League 2 by the way. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Should have taken the place in Sweden!! 

If he had the chance of one and declined it then yes he should.

Paul Starke in for the injured Damian Dróżdż, 28 day replacement.

You wonder if Drodz will reappear, his Polish club can't be happy that he got injured in his second UK meeting.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Paul Starke in for the injured Damian Dróżdż, 28 day replacement.

Gutted for Damian, 5 pts in his first meeting at the NSS shows he has whats needed. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Paul Stark is a good replacement for Damian, I look forward to seeing him wearing the Ace on his chest.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If he had the chance of one and declined it then yes he should.

He said he did in a GP article. 

12 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not surprised. 

Cook will struggle this year imo. Lack of meeting's will get to him eventually.

I know this sounds silly but I don't think qualifying for the GP's is going to help Cook. 

Hope I'm wrong because I like Cookie I just worry about his confidence being affected in 2018 due to struggles in the GP's and possibly limited Polish rides due to form outside of the UK. 

Ive been thinking along those line too, if the GP,s become a struggle it could have a negative impact on his league form, he got into the GP on merit but it is a big step up, lets hope he can make a success of it, if he can the opposite could happen and his league form improves considerably, only time will tell.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Ive been thinking along those line too, if the GP,s become a struggle it could have a negative impact on his league form, he got into the GP on merit but it is a big step up, lets hope he can make a success of it, if he can the opposite could happen and his league form improves considerably, only time will tell.

Didn't seem to affect C Harris. Craig was beating J Doyle a few years back before Jason upped his game, I believe Cookie can up his game. But does he??

Well when Craig had a bad Cardiff and WTC last season there were signs of it having a negative affect, missed meetings etc, Cant really make a comparison with Harris as he does not have the same issues as Craig.

Well lets hope Craig can overcome his problems and get back to the days when J Doyle was just another opposition.

Agreed Doyle has shown what can be done upping his game considerably, he is certainly an inspiration to riders aiming to follow the same path.

4 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Agreed Doyle has shown what can be done upping his game considerably, he is certainly an inspiration to riders aiming to follow the same path.

Sure is, Shows what can be done with plenty of hours in the gym, a winning mentality and being a fast gater, and his loyalty to British speedway is to be respected.

• Like 3

2009. “I think he’s found his level in the NL”.

2012. “Cook is just a top tier second string, he’ll never be anything else”.

2014. “Did well to make the rostrum, he just doesn’t have the mentality or skill to clinch top spot”. (British Final)

2017. “Can’t see Cook troubling the scores today”. (GP challenge).

• Like 4