British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I think its quite possible the GPs will be a step too far for Cookie,

but after the effort he's put into BV, and British speedway in general 

He certainly deserves his crack at the big boys,

wish we had more riders like him 

I can't agree more, I hope and wish Cookie all the best. I will be backing him in the GP's but we can't forget that he is a delicate soul. I just hope he has the right people behind him.

• Like 1

Cook has performed well elsewhere in Europe hence his qualification in the GPs but he does seems to be struggling to crack Poland. 

• Like 1

he’s not been picked by his polish side for their first league match this weekend.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

he’s not been picked by his polish side for their first league match this weekend.

No suprised he looked woeful in that practise meeting a couple of days ago. Not sure if it was nerves or whatever but he was all over the place. A far better rider than he showed the poles.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I do think there is interest with this being Craig's first time as a GP rider. It well known he suffers from depression too so if things fail in Poland and a poor GP showing it could see him throw it all in. Last season he went AWOL with his issues. There will be fears things could become to much for him and affect his position with Belle Vue. 

Agree with this, my worry is how a poor GP and struggling in the Polish league could affect his BV form, i thought his signing to be more of a gamble this season.

On 04/04/2018 at 4:59 PM, WestGorton1884 said:

I think its quite possible the GPs will be a step too far for Cookie,

but after the effort he's put into BV, and British speedway in general 

He certainly deserves his crack at the big boys,

wish we had more riders like him 

If he's going to make that sort of standard he has to ride it. Nothing  ventured nothing gained..

Hope Worrall is OK?? 

Apparently suffered a very bad crash and was on the floor for 20 mins for scunny tonight. 

Never nice to see any rider injured especially at the start of a season. 

• Like 1

Fingers crossed. He has been doing very well in the few meetings so far this year.

Doesn't sound to good tbh. He will be missing for a while from what I hear. Lemo has a big job on his hand. Does he go for a straight replacement or a total team 're build. 

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doesn't sound to good tbh. He will be missing for a while from what I hear. Lemo has a big job on his hand. Does he go for a straight replacement or a total team 're build. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed, almost impossible to replace him 

Worrall has been riding well so a blow for Belle Vue. This is a problem for the premiership clubs, when a rider gets injured riding in the championship. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Worrall has been riding well so a blow for Belle Vue. This is a problem for the premiership clubs, when a rider gets injured riding in the championship. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to Worrall, hope he recovers soon. It's a problem for Championship clubs too when one of their team gets injured in the Premiership,  unfortunately that's speedway these  days.

Edited by comet49

Hope he’s not out long, big blow that. 

Maybe get Zagar, Hougaard & Smith in place of Worrall, Drozdz & Etheridge. Lol. 
Edited by ouch

Scunthorpe promoter has just said Broken Leg. Which I guess is at least a month. 

6.77 to play with. 

Horrible start though. That’s just going to stop his progress and I hope he gets back soon. 

Edited by poolebolton

Right now Ricky Wells looks best bet from rider who rode last season, if you want average for average. 

6.75 average. 

Unless BV went for a re-declared team already. 

Bring Smith in for Jye which gives an extra 2 points and could get a 8.75 rider in? 

Could bring in K.Bjerre and Smith in for Worrall and Jye E. 

Would not be a bad move?