British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

I heard he injured his ankle in a crash (at Ipswich?) and then aggravated it when thrice being a victim of the horror track, which looked like ending his season. He's hardly scored a point since the horror track got him.

How sick to laugh at a post about injured riders (yet again), even scb didn't do that→→→→→→↘

He's decided to take a break from the sport after a difficult few weeks that have involved a series of crashes which have knocked his confidence and affected his scoring.This is according to the Ipswich website.So he is not injured just lacking in confidence.So as Daniel Smith say's he is withholding his services.Probably a clever move by Belle Vue,who know's.I'm sure Eric could enlighten the Lynn promotion:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, ouch said:

Feel for the lad and I hope he sorts his ankle and comes back stronger next year. No real adequate cover out there but it’s no loss as our goose was cooked when Dan was injured. Some sort of luck still with us. 

Having said all this I’m hoping Mark doesn’t do an Andersen and ride abroad whilst claiming to be injured in the UK as that would be cheating. 

There most certainly is cover out there for him at present,especially for the 1st leg which is in September,maybe different for the 2nd leg which is in October.

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why? We are not meeting them but Kings Lynn are. But I am sure their fans will just roll over and except any explanation / BS from Lemon as gospel. -_-

The 5% rule is only for the 1-5 I have been informed... So no Auty, which is good. He would of been big at the NSS.. But rules are rules and  did Riss withhold his services or was he sent packing.. Who knows. 

I can't see much of an advantage away for BV. But Riss had a home ave of 1.66 :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riss is under contract and obligated to ride. Other clubs have riders who fly in just for their meetings. Woryna and Jakobsen at Poole for starters.

Its a tactical move by the BV promotion. Simple as that. They call it tactical. I say its cheating. No changes after August 15th. Those are the rules.

You must be use to these kind of changes at the business end of the season.Normally you would say it was ok though:wink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not allowed to bring back a rider axed in the same season.

I know he can't sign but I can't find a rule that says he can't be a guest rider.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

If this was all down to the Belle Vue management (It isn't) then why has Mark Riss also left Ipswich? if Riss left Belle Vue only and continued to ride for Ipswich then you have a point but he hasn't. 

Well he couldn't leave one without the other.. Don't know the reason and probably never will..

I can understand SS assuming this is dastardly plan by Mark Lemon to the play offs from Ford's grasp. As a Poole supporter his first reaction is always to assume that other teams operate as his does. Perfectly understandable when you live in a blue tinted world.

The reality is that up to the end of this month we can bring in a guest for Riss with a PL average of 4.48 or CL average of 5.82. and those figures are likely to be lower from 1st October because his scores have suffered since his injury. Just have a look and see the riders that would qualify. I can't see anyone likely to score significantly more than Riss. They might score a few more or a few less, they are those type of riders and I certainly don't see any guaranteed match winners.

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well he couldn't leave one without the other.. Don't know the reason and probably never will..

All any of us know is what is said in the Ipswich press release. We do know he is carrying an injury and that his form has suffered and why would he say what he has said if he has been sacked by both clubs. As I have said above, it's not as if there are guests who will obviously do better.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

I can understand SS assuming this is dastardly plan by Mark Lemon to the play offs from Ford's grasp. As a Poole supporter his first reaction is always to assume that other teams operate as his does. Perfectly understandable when you live in a blue tinted world.

The reality is that up to the end of this month we can bring in a guest for Riss with a PL average of 4.48 or CL average of 5.82. and those figures are likely to be lower from 1st October because his scores have suffered since his injury. Just have a look and see the riders that would qualify. I can't see anyone likely to score significantly more than Riss. They might score a few more or a few less, they are those type of riders and I certainly don't see any guaranteed match winners.

All any of us know is what is said in the Ipswich press release. We do know he is carrying an injury and that his form has suffered and why would he say what he has said if he has been sacked by both clubs. As I have said above, it's not as if there are guests who will obviously do better.

Josh Pickering, CL 5.41, definitely worth a punt!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Who is going to score paid 6 in the away meeting at KL? Is anyone available who has managed anything like that this season? 

There is a rider available at the moment who scored 5+1 and 9+1 and won both of his reserve races at Lynn this season.He's available at the moment but unsure of the averages for when October gets here.

Edited by tellboy

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I think i would score more than Riss with the form he is in at the moment:P(only kidding)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He only had one more meeting for Ipswich at home to Berwick, so not missing a lot for them - I thinks it's all so that BV can strengthen.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He only had one more meeting for Ipswich at home to Berwick, so not missing a lot for them - I thinks it's all so that BV can strengthen.

With who ? Jonas B Andersen looks like the best option ....

It seems to me some posters on this forum should tell their club to practice what they preach, with regards to the club concerned who have historically bent the rules season after season.:mad:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

There is a rider available at the moment who scored 5+1 and 9+1 and won both of his reserve races at Lynn this season.He's available at the moment but unsure of the averages for when October gets here.

That was Robson in the double header. He got  5 from 6 rides and 9 from 7 rides. Robson is one of my favourite riders, always gives 100% but not now a rider you could rely on to repeat those scores. Even so, considering the likely options, he might be worth considering and taking a chance on if the averages still fit.