British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

The way the team finished the season, at home anyway, I can see the majority, if not all, the team returning next year. Perhaps not Nick Morris, depending on doubling up rules and his ambitions for Poland. Who knows about NBJ, his time at Berwick was far too short, but in his couple of races he certainly showed he wasn't scared to mix it. Like everybody else I would be happy with JPB at 7. There were noises at the back end of the season about signing him. Hopefully that goes ahead.

If Morris doesn't return, the club desperately needs to sign a number 1. I don't know if he would be the answer, but i can see the likes of Jason Garrity being signed, what with the Gary Havelock connections in the past.

Lewis Bridger would be a steal on is average and if he gets his fitness back, he would be great to see round Berwick again. Whether he rides again is another matter.

It's all guess work at the moment anyway until averages, rules and league structures etc. are sorted out.

The way the team finished the season, at home anyway, I can see the majority, if not all, the team returning next year. Perhaps not Nick Morris, depending on doubling up rules and his ambitions for Poland. Who knows about NBJ, his time at Berwick was far too short, but in his couple of races he certainly showed he wasn't scared to mix it. Like everybody else I would be happy with JPB at 7. There were noises at the back end of the season about signing him. Hopefully that goes ahead.

If Morris doesn't return, the club desperately needs to sign a number 1. I don't know if he would be the answer, but i can see the likes of Jason Garrity being signed, what with the Gary Havelock connections in the past.

Lewis Bridger would be a steal on is average and if he gets his fitness back, he would be great to see round Berwick again. Whether he rides again is another matter.

It's all guess work at the moment anyway until averages, rules and league structures etc. are sorted out.

Didn't think Bridger was a good choice , proved to be right, more about him than any injury. Wouldn't touch Garrity with a 10 ft bargepole, ask the Seffield Promotion, apart from that he aint been that good this season. If you want someone from Redcar has to be Ben Barker, but he loves it at Redcar

• Like 1

If the Premiership promoters get their way not sure what we will see at Berwick next season,the sport is just a joke .Ruining a perfectly good Championsip league for their own self interests seem to be on the agenda.

• Like 4

If the Premiership promoters get their way not sure what we will see at Berwick next season,the sport is just a joke .Ruining a perfectly good Championsip league for their own self interests seem to be on the agenda.

It's a worry , our league couldn't survive with 6 or 8 clubs

• Like 1

It's a worry , our league couldn't survive with 6 or 8 clubs

We would just have to join the big league. Its pretty much the same as ours anyway with a couple of exceptions. With only 2 defined race nights though it could create wage inflation as each team is pretty much chasing the same bank of riders.

We would just have to join the big league. Its pretty much the same as ours anyway with a couple of exceptions. With only 2 defined race nights though it could create wage inflation as each team is pretty much chasing the same bank of riders.

The defined race nights would not suit Berwick, as indeed nor would the wage bill IMO

Dougie Templeton?

The defined race nights would not suit Berwick, as indeed nor would the wage bill IMO

The current setup suits Berwick perfectly, mostly northern clubs who bring a good amount of travelling fans and no need for expensive top line riders. Joining the top league would kill off Berwick.

• Like 4

How do you define a "perfectly good Championship league". The current system is unsustainable. Glasgow have to run this week with four guests and rider replacement. Something has to change.

How do you define a "perfectly good Championship league". The current system is unsustainable. Glasgow have to run this week with four guests and rider replacement. Something has to change.

I am only talking league numbers and present clubs,we all know what is being plotted.Everybody knows that this seasons fixture planning and doubling up has been a disaster ,and something has to change,whether the changes will suit the present Championship setup remains to be seen.I Personaly think Berwick race night has to remain a Sat.