British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

He is only 21, plenty of time to improve. I thought he would end up at Edinburgh as their 3 pointer next season. A full year there would have got his confidence back.

Fair play to him if he really means it.Personaly think he had found his level and it is not a sport you an take as a hobby.Best of luck for the future.

Started off in the No2 position last season which was always going to be a big ask, then seemed to struggle with new engines which sapped his confidence. He did seem to be doing well at Birmingham and that saw him get guest bookings in the Premiership. You would think there would be teams looking at him for next season but he has made his decision.

Speedway is a dangerous and expensive sport, I just think if you are a rider you have to have 100% commitment to want to do it. Anything less and doubts creep in. If you are not enjoying it, far better to get out with your health in tact. Remember that bad knee injury he had a couple of year ago. Always sad to lose a young local rider.

If this is the end, he will still be able to look back on highlights like his form at the end of the 2016 season and maximums he has scored in the National League this year. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Speedway is a dangerous and expensive sport, I just think if you are a rider you have to have 100% commitment to want to do it. Anything less and doubts creep in. If you are not enjoying it, far better to get out with your health in tact. Remember that bad knee injury he had a couple of year ago. Always sad to lose a young local rider.

If this is the end, he will still be able to look back on highlights like his form at the end of the 2016 season and maximums he has scored in the National League this year. Good luck to him.

100% agree.

He`s only gone and won it, what an incredible achievement.

Well deserved for Local lad Leon,but what's the the chances of him riding for his local Club.?

Well deserved for Local lad Leon,but what's the the chances of him riding for his local Club.?

I hope he uses Berwick as a stepping stone. Everybody has to start off somewhere. Hopefully people will not put too much pressure on him, let him progress at his own pace. Look at Tai Woffinden, he started off in the National League, moved to the Premier League, the Elite League, now Poland and the world.

Too young. A season at NL will bring him on. Lots of potential.

A really well done, and really well deserved to Leon Flint. For someone so young, he is very level headed, and knows what he wants from speedway. It is an honour to sponsor this young lad. who beyond any doubt is one of the most appreciative riders that I have dealt with.

As for the future, National League first, at 15 he is allowed to ride at that level from February, a good year there honing his skills even more. After that it's up to Leon where he wants to step up to, he will know, I really hope pressure is not placed on him to ride for his home town club, just because he is the local lad, it's not necessarily a good thing, it places too much pressure on a young rider. If Leon wants to ride for his home town club, it is entirely his decision, but what ever decision he makes, good times are coming for Leon in speedway.

I have said to TEAM FLINT many times, it won't be long before my sponsorship will be small fry, but for now it is an honour, GET IN THERE FLINTY.

A really well done, and really well deserved to Leon Flint. For someone so young, he is very level headed, and knows what he wants from speedway. It is an honour to sponsor this young lad. who beyond any doubt is one of the most appreciative riders that I have dealt with.

As for the future, National League first, at 15 he is allowed to ride at that level from February, a good year there honing his skills even more. After that it's up to Leon where he wants to step up to, he will know, I really hope pressure is not placed on him to ride for his home town club, just because he is the local lad, it's not necessarily a good thing, it places too much pressure on a young rider. If Leon wants to ride for his home town club, it is entirely his decision, but what ever decision he makes, good times are coming for Leon in speedway.

I have said to TEAM FLINT many times, it won't be long before my sponsorship will be small fry, but for now it is an honour, GET IN THERE FLINTY.

Well done Leon.

Just seen that Greg Hancock is racing in the 2nd division in Poland and Nick is in the squad (wonder if that means there is a chance he will be back at Berwick next season)?

Well done Leon.

Just seen that Greg Hancock is racing in the 2nd division in Poland and Nick is in the squad (wonder if that means there is a chance he will be back at Berwick next season)?

Would be great if he was, but my gut feeling tells me not.