British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

lasse bjerre looking for a championship place he would be a good signing

• Like 1

Any discount for Howe

2018 team building averages havent been released on SGB site yet, the last average on the site for Josh Auty was 6.95 but his average for start of 2018 will be 6.90 so will have to wait for these before knowing if that team fits

I know it you know and everone else as well, just pointing out if you want success hard decisions have to be made. My suggestion for Kevin Doolan is lose him as a rider, but employ him as a manager. I like Kev and I like his attitude to speedway, but the team needs to move forward, so for me nether Kev or Aaron

Agree on that, for the rest every rider will need to increase their average, several of those mentioned will not

I agree with you, but you have to ask yourself, is success the ultimate aim, or is it just having a team take to track every week? Doolan will be worse again next season, but as you say, he's a good bloke and he isnt going to cause any problems so he's a shoe in. Funny how criteria when signing riders differs from club to club isnt it.

1. R. Lawson

2. Gapp

3. Doolan

4. Howe

5. Summers

6. Etheridge

7. JPB

Edited by emilali

I agree with you, but you have to ask yourself, is success the ultimate aim, or is it just having a team take to track every week? Doolan will be worse again next season, but as you say, he's a good bloke and he isnt going to cause any problems so he's a shoe in. Funny how criteria when signing riders differs from club to club isnt it.

1. R. Lawson

2. Gapp

3. Doolan

4. Howe

5. Summers

6. Etheridge

7. JPB

Depends if you want to be a winner I suppose

• Like 2

Surprised no one including joe Jacobs in any teams...was improving somewhat by he end of his short stint with you, surely good value on a 4.67....decent rider on big fast tracks

Now that the season starts with league cup section is it still 2 home and 2 away league matches against the others in the league or is it back to 1 home and 1 away.Could make for a short season or lots of blank Saturdays if only 13 matches (or 11 if no Workington)With the new starting rules and no penalties unless tapes broken does it mean best to go with team of gaters rather than racers (?TJ and dare I say it-Claus)

Depends if you want to be a winner I suppose

Let's be realistic. Berwick Bandits have survived a full fifty seasons without winning their Championship-level division.

Putting on cheerful entertainment on a Saturday night, and winning the home meetings satisfies 95% of their public, year on year.

The other 5% seem to post on here!

With the new starting rules and no penalties unless tapes broken does it mean best to go with team of gaters rather than racers?

That rule hasn't been accepted at SCB level yet. They control the rule-book for the actual staging of races. BSPA conference can make requests and even recommendations -- but this won't be the first suggested change we might see quietly dropped.

As GP will continue with yellow-card warnings, it becomes awkward and confusing to run races to differing sets of rules.

Let's be realistic. Berwick Bandits have survived a full fifty seasons without winning their Championship-level division.

Putting on cheerful entertainment on a Saturday night, and winning the home meetings satisfies 95% of their public, year on year.

That rule hasn't been accepted at SCB level yet. They control the rule-book for the actual staging of races. BSPA conference can make requests and even recommendations -- but this won't be the first suggested change we might see quietly dropped.

As GP will continue with yellow-card warnings, it becomes awkward and confusing to run races to differing sets of rules.

your forgetting about the 50% that don't attend anymore.!!!
  • Like 1

Would not say 95% of the supporters near where i sit or stand considerably a lot less