British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Summers, Doolan and Howe... Hardly inspiring

But you'll be dragged along screaming.

TBH in my time supporting the Mighty Cheetahs(Rebels/Silver Machine) and Oxford United I can say most seasons haven't been the best. But the Black humour of the diehards and the belief that this season is the one. makes it a fun afternoon/evening out.

Summers, Doolan and Howe... Hardly inspiring

To be honest I think the fans are just as much to blame as the promotion because they are the ones that condone this lack of ambition by paying to watch it week in week out and thats what pays for the shambles that is put before them. People are moaning but will still be there come March/April to watch the assault on bottom of the table commence.

Oh, I can say I ain't happy clapping yet! :rolleyes:

When you see other teams, and know what we've lost out on due to other money filled clubs, I ain't overly optimistic that this will be a season to remember :sad: Still, I live in hope and being the person I am, will go along in late March and hope for the best!

• Like 1

TBH in my time supporting the Mighty Cheetahs(Rebels/Silver Machine) and Oxford United I can say most seasons haven't been the best. But the Black humour of the diehards and the belief that this season is the one. makes it a fun afternoon/evening out.

I'll pick and choose depending on opposition/weather/whether I can be bothered. We're only a couple of minutes drive from the track.

Nothing will replace seeing you're own team race though. Sadly they're over 300 miles away

I'll pick and choose depending on opposition/weather/whether I can be bothered. We're only a couple of minutes drive from the track.

Nothing will replace seeing you're own team race though. Sadly they're over 300 miles away

Whose that then

Whose that then

He's a Rye House fan!

• Like 1

Really

Looks like the promotion are going down the route of signing a number of last years riders, which is all well and good. But last years team had an out and out No1 in Nick Morris and in one of Gappmaier and Etheridge a heavy scoring reserve, it is to be hoped we will see a similar thing will happen for 2018 though with the out and out No1 it is difficult to see where that rider would come from.

That's the heat leaders sorted now for the second strings and reserves strength in depth 21.98 left

In my book, thats one x second heat leader, and 2 x second strings, we now need a No 1 a No 5 and a No 6 and a No 7

1, ?

2. David Howe

3. Aaron Summers

4. Kevin Doolan

5. ?

6. ?

7. ?

Not unless David Bellego or similar at No.1, a 2 pointer like Luke Ruddock or Ryan Blacklock and maybe Jye and Danny if fits

RUDDICK

Walk you idle rubbishe

He's a Rye House fan!

At least they have ONE :party::party::party:

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the Bandits supporters as its looking like another tired uncompetitive team. Where is the ambition and thought from the promotion.

I appreciate everyone is different and the Berwick promotion will be working towards a budget, I get that. But already it looks like little thought is going in to team building.

Rather than go for the likes of Howe and Doolan who everybody knows exactly what youll get from them, why not have a stab at something different and try a few riders from the continent? Thats a risk as well obviously and they might well turn out cr@p, but on the other hand they might turn out to be diamonds.

At least the supporters will have a bit of enthusiasm in wondering what the unknown will bring and the excitement of seeing fresh new young blood in the team.

Weve brought one in in Hartel. Now he might be the flop of the season time will tell, but hes supposed to be a talented lad and the intrigue is there with him.

You dont get that with Howe and Doolan with all due respect to them as theyve been fantastic pros over the years.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and have a go because theres only so much supporters will put up with before they stop going. If they see the promotion cant really be bothered why should they?

Edited by Arch Stanton

Rest of the teams in the league working to a points limit of 42.5.We are working towards an average rider age of 42.5.It's just a new way of team building that's all

• Like 3