British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Some interesting words from Kevin Doolan on the BSPA website

“The management at Berwick are building something special. They have got everyone pulling in the right direction, they need to look at five years down the line and improve gradually.

“There’s no point trying to win everything and ruin the business in one year. We already have Aaron, David and myself signed up and that’s the basis of a decent side. I love racing at Berwick and I know I can always improve, that’s the target.”

Given that most speedway clubs live week to week and hand to mouth, it would be great to think that we have a promotion who are in it for the long haul and are looking to build a sustainable model, which in this day and age will be a bloody hard task. A little bit of security and a commitment to the future is a huge boost to a fan base.

• Like 2

Some interesting words from Kevin Doolan on the BSPA website

“The management at Berwick are building something special. They have got everyone pulling in the right direction, they need to look at five years down the line and improve gradually.[/size]“There’s no point trying to win everything and ruin the business in one year. We already have Aaron, David and myself signed up and that’s the basis of a decent side. I love racing at Berwick and I know I can always improve, that’s the target.”[/size]

Given that most speedway clubs live week to week and hand to mouth, it would be great to think that we have a promotion who are in it for the long haul and are looking to build a sustainable model, which in this day and age will be a bloody hard task. A little bit of security and a commitment to the future is a huge boost to a fan base.

Thats fair enough,but was that not what the Andersons were telling us for 5 years and unfortunately it never worked out for them.

Bit envious of the Banditos snapping up all the young speedway talent again while we sit wondering 🤔

• Like 2

Bit envious of the Banditos snapping up all the young speedway talent again while we sit wondering

don't worry, there'll be plenty offal left for the Sunday teams.

don't worry, there'll be plenty offal left for the Sunday teams.

Always good to have a team thats full of heart and has the stomach for the battle 😜
  • Like 2

Thats fair enough,but was that not what the Andersons were telling us for 5 years and unfortunately it never worked out for them.

Well to be fair they did run the club for about five years, must admit I don't know exactly how many, but couldn't make it pay. They did bring a lot to the club though, FIM meetings, Ben Fund meetings, Sky meetings, all during their reign. Unfortunately it didn't work out and they had huge losses.

• Like 2

Well to be fair they did run the club for about five years, must admit I don't know exactly how many, but couldn't make it pay. They did bring a lot to the club though, FIM meetings, Ben Fund meetings, Sky meetings, all during their reign. Unfortunately it didn't work out and they had huge losses.

They did improve the Clubs profile and done well in PR department, but they could not hold onto the fans after a good start,they had terrible luck with injuries with Top riders they signed which did not help the situation.Behind they scenes all was not rosy though.The sport is in trouble and it is along way back for most clubs IMO .
  • Like 1

Just wish they would let us know the remaining riders and i do know the Berwick Mantra you will know when every thing is signed. So does this mean they haven't signed anybody else ?

They did improve the Clubs profile and done well in PR department, but they could not hold onto the fans after a good start,they had terrible luck with injuries with Top riders they signed which did not help the situation.Behind they scenes all was not rosy though.The sport is in trouble and it is along way back for most clubs IMO .

You're right there

Guest Scunny2012

Just wish they would let us know the remaining riders and i do know the Berwick Mantra you will know when every thing is signed. So does this mean they haven't signed anybody else ?

Heard there considering Rob (the enforcer) Grant to bring a bit of experience to the team.

Heard there considering Rob (the enforcer) Grant to bring a bit of experience to the team.

How bad it must be when someone supporting Scunthorpe comes on to take the piss! :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 4

Aaron Summers 7.98

Thomas Jorgensen 7.10

Kevin Doolan 6.36

David Howe 6.18

Danny 5.11

Jye 5.06

Joe Jacobs 4.67

Total 42.46

Or not

How bad it must be when someone supporting Scunthorpe comes on to take the piss! :rolleyes::lol:

He must think that you lot are used to it now with me living in Berwick 😂😂

Guest Scunny2012

Sorry, I will go and sit on the naughty step