British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Just as well for you lot that the 2 Brit rule was dropped :sad:

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Bottom half of the table side IMO 

Fancy a wee wager on that one Mr Blobby??? 

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ha ha 

Apart from the new Swede they have all raced at Berwick so wont need to get dialled in still think a lack of a proper number 1 will come back to haunt us [not for the lack of trying]

17 minutes ago, Lygonlad said:

Fancy a wee wager on that one Mr Blobby??? 

Don’t do wagers, but there’s far better sides out there than this one.

I would agree with you that there are stronger top end sides but none repeat none with a bottom end like that the strength and depth intregues me going to shock a few if they all gel!!

It's a most intriguing side. I think they will fare very well at home assuming Summers can hold his own @ 1, which has to be the main aim. There will be lots of movement in the averages, and I reckon most of the side could have a stint at reserve at some point during the season, which could well provide any rider with a needed lift-me-up.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Michael Haertl? Nico Covatti? Rory Schlein and Cameron Heeps? 4 out of your 7 ain't Brits born and bred either! I personally don't give a hoot on the nationality if they actually want to ride for my club! We ain't gonna be fancied on paper... In fact, I fully believe we'll probably be predicted to be rock bottom, but as others have said, it's strength in depth and will be the strongest reserve pairing in the league for sure! We will certainly rely on bottom end strength to keep us in some matches! 

7 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Michael Haertl? Nico Covatti? Rory Schlein and Cameron Heeps? 4 out of your 7 ain't Brits born and bred either! I personally don't give a hoot on the nationality if they actually want to ride for my club! We ain't gonna be fancied on paper... In fact, I fully believe we'll probably be predicted to be rock bottom, but as others have said, it's strength in depth and will be the strongest reserve pairing in the league for sure! We will certainly rely on bottom end strength to keep us in some matches! 

Rory is British :lol:

A British No1 and 2 young British reserves too.

Yes it is the least Brits we have used in our 2nd tier stint.

Personally I feel the 2nd tier should be aiming for 4 Brit minimum.

That team looks awfully weak, but speedway is raced on shale not paper so we shall see.

Looks like cannon fodder for the likes of Ipswich, Glasgow and Lakeside though.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That team looks awfully weak, but speedway is raced on shale not paper so we shall see.

Looks like cannon fodder for the likes of Ipswich, Glasgow and Lakeside though.

Dont forget 4 leagues next season  NL the PL  The top 5 teams in Cl and the bottom 7 teams in the CL.

Have to agree, glad my team is running, not the most competitive team on paper though.

I would agree that it is a poor team, can only really see Howe, Etheridge and potentially NBJ putting anything on their averages, if he can manage more than 1 meeting this time. The Swede that Edinburgh have signed looks a much better prospect than ours but time will tell. Hopefully we can be competitive against the likes of Newcastle and Workington.

36 minutes ago, JT94 said:

I would agree that it is a poor team, can only really see Howe, Etheridge and potentially NBJ putting anything on their averages, if he can manage more than 1 meeting this time. The Swede that Edinburgh have signed looks a much better prospect than ours but time will tell. Hopefully we can be competitive against the likes of Newcastle and Workington.

Agree on NBJ, not at all sure on Howe or Etheridge.  We dont have a No1 but if we did all he would do is need to hold his average, the other 6 must increase even if it is only slightly.  Cannot see it, hope to be proved wrong, as I said we have speedway.  The last 8 or 9 years I have enjpoyed the hour before speedway and the 4 hours after, the problem has been the 2 hours in the middle

Another Havvy master class in how not to build teams. He's worse than his father!

35 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Agree on NBJ, not at all sure on Howe or Etheridge.  We dont have a No1 but if we did all he would do is need to hold his average, the other 6 must increase even if it is only slightly.  Cannot see it, hope to be proved wrong, as I said we have speedway.  The last 8 or 9 years I have enjpoyed the hour before speedway and the 4 hours after, the problem has been the 2 hours in the middle

Don't you mean the one and a half hours in the middle