British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

3 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Wrong! Sponsorship... Don’t try and say that 99% of a riders income is through the Club

stand corrected - although how much sponsorship would you say is individually gernerated by the riders and how much by the club (ie the promoters)? Would like to see your figures and accept I went high but I still maintain that the huge majority of a rider's income will come in signing-on fees, insurance, tyres and points' money - all of which comes from the promotion. 

34 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

stand corrected - although how much sponsorship would you say is individually gernerated by the riders and how much by the club (ie the promoters)? Would like to see your figures and accept I went high but I still maintain that the huge majority of a rider's income will come in signing-on fees, insurance, tyres and points' money - all of which comes from the promotion. 

Which all comes from the paying fan, it is therefore the paying support that pay the riders wages and the Promotion manage that money.  Sponsorship is significant to a rider  I would probably look in the region of about 33%

37 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Unsure how insurance works but surely that isn’t an income? 

20 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Which all comes from the paying fan, it is therefore the paying support that pay the riders wages and the Promotion manage that money.  Sponsorship is significant to a rider  I would probably look in the region of about 33%

Correct regarding paying support,Promotion are always saying the club has to be viable which means supporters and Sponsers are paying the bills and the Promotion manage that money.When they start losing money(that they can't afford too) they bail out.(can't blame them for that)

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Correct regarding paying support,Promotion are always saying the club has to be viable which means supporters and Sponsers are paying the bills and the Promotion manage that money.When they start losing money(that they can't afford too) they bail out.(can't blame them for that)

Aye, but you cannot blame the fan for poor management, and you cannot blame the fan when poor management depletes the entertainment.  I still think if Scott had continued in the way he said he would, there was a possibility of success, it does appear however that recent history has reappeared, and it does make you ask the question 'who is pulling the strings'

• Like 1

It just seems sad that for a relatively small club like Berwick which probably needs every side pulling together for it to survive,this never seems to happen for any period of time.You can blame current and previous promotions but at least they all had the balls to put their money in and buy the club.You can blame the supporters club but they do raise funds and help the riders and indirectly the club.Surely to God even in Berwick there must be at least one individual with half a brain who can get both sides together and knock some sense into them.If not, the same old future beckons again - half way through the season,bottom of the league and rumours that the promoters are looking to sell at the end of the season.One time though there just might not be a buyer.So to both sides,swallow your pride,forget your egos and try and work together for the future of the club - please

• Like 3

Surely at the start of the season is when everyone should be positive, looking forward to the new season, new riders and a good season all round. Sad then the history seems to be repeating itself , lessons possibly not learned.

55 minutes ago, alang said:

It just seems sad that for a relatively small club like Berwick which probably needs every side pulling together for it to survive,this never seems to happen for any period of time.You can blame current and previous promotions but at least they all had the balls to put their money in and buy the club.You can blame the supporters club but they do raise funds and help the riders and indirectly the club.Surely to God even in Berwick there must be at least one individual with half a brain who can get both sides together and knock some sense into them.If not, the same old future beckons again - half way through the season,bottom of the league and rumours that the promoters are looking to sell at the end of the season.One time though there just might not be a buyer.So to both sides,swallow your pride,forget your egos and try and work together for the future of the club - please

I absolutely agree with you.  You would think that the Promotion would be pleased that Berwick has a successful Supporters Club, and it doesn't matter how they allocate their hard earned money, it all helps to the success of the club.. I fear that this blow up, is more about Control, rather than common sense.

• Like 4

Maybe the Edinburgh Supporters' Club are a good example to follow?
They seem to work very well with each other?

Edited by bigeddiechek

3 hours ago, screm said:

Surely at the start of the season is when everyone should be positive, looking forward to the new season, new riders and a good season all round. 

Absolutely spot on!  We have a bright new promotion with bright new ideas.  It would be great if everyone could get behind them as they take the Bandits forward into a 51st season......

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Everyone IS behind them? 

Sounds like a pantomime....

• Haha 1

the new season and already  can sence un rest in the camp so bandit  fans  get behind scott and the team  and lets have  a great season 

4 minutes ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

the new season and already  can sence un rest in the camp so bandit  fans  get behind scott and the team  and lets have  a great season 

Give us a B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigeddiechek said:

Maybe the Edinburgh Supporters' Club are a good example to follow?
They seem to work very well with each other?

Edinburgh have had the same Promotion for the last 30 years+, so the Supporters  Club know who they are dealing with,that could be the reason they get on very well.