British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

1st hour 6 until 7 :drink::drink:7 until 9 tedium,  9 until when ever:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:etc. etc happiness

Looking at this forecast for tomorrow you might get more time for your 6-7 and 9 - whenever activities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2655819

On 6/1/2018 at 11:15 AM, balderdash&piffle said:

1st hour 6 until 7 :drink::drink:7 until 9 tedium,  9 until when ever:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:etc. etc happiness

I dare anybody to use the word tedium after the passes by Howe, Doolan and especially Summers tonight

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

saw waity in the pits is he back involved lollollol mmmmm

Dunno, is he?

On 6/2/2018 at 10:46 PM, topsoil said:

I dare anybody to use the word tedium after the passes by Howe, Doolan and especially Summers tonight

Saturday was a better meeting on a much better prepared meeting, yes  there were 3 good passes, afraid ton say that was it.  Please to see Spud riding much better, I suppose i would have to give Tero  rider of the night.  Apart from the Glasgow meeting and a few highlights in between, still cannot say we have had good speedway this season.  This is the first season I am picking what I want to watch, never done that before, always took the rough with the smooth, never missed a meeting unless it clashed with a holiday, this season so far I can take it or leave it and sadly and with a heavy heart, many fans are feeling the same.  I suppose it is simple, I am not being entertained, unlike last season when the Nick Morris signing turned everything around, and was probably the main reason the track prep was much better as Nick will have put his very strong foot down.

18 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Saturday was a better meeting on a much better prepared meeting, yes  there were 3 good passes, afraid ton say that was it.  Please to see Spud riding much better, I suppose i would have to give Tero  rider of the night.  Apart from the Glasgow meeting and a few highlights in between, still cannot say we have had good speedway this season.  This is the first season I am picking what I want to watch, never done that before, always took the rough with the smooth, never missed a meeting unless it clashed with a holiday, this season so far I can take it or leave it and sadly and with a heavy heart, many fans are feeling the same.  I suppose it is simple, I am not being entertained, unlike last season when the Nick Morris signing turned everything around, and was probably the main reason the track prep was much better as Nick will have put his very strong foot down.

Looking back at my programme there was also:-

Gappmaier passing Wethers and Pijper passing Wilkinson in heat 2, NBJ passing Morris heat 7, Pijper passing Covatti heat 8, Summers passing Morris heat 10 and Jye holding off a faster Covatti in heat 12. But this isn't an argument I am going to win, because it seems like you are fed up.

This intrigues me, because I don't think the "entertainment" has got worse for any reason. I'm beginning to think that so many people whinging and complaining about the sport has had an affect on fans.

44 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Looking back at my programme there was also:-

Gappmaier passing Wethers and Pijper passing Wilkinson in heat 2, NBJ passing Morris heat 7, Pijper passing Covatti heat 8, Summers passing Morris heat 10 and Jye holding off a faster Covatti in heat 12. But this isn't an argument I am going to win, because it seems like you are fed up.

This intrigues me, because I don't think the "entertainment" has got worse for any reason. I'm beginning to think that so many people whinging and complaining about the sport has had an affect on fans.

I will simplify it, I pay to be entertained, I like Berwick to win, it is not important to me if we don't, yes i would be a tad disappointed  but a close tight meeting is more important.  Last season after we signed Morris on a much better prepared track really did entertain me, and thought if this carries on, great.  Apart from the the odd meeting Glasgow in particular and I did concede last Saturday was better, although very strung out at times, this season has drifted away from entertainment.  I will admit my ideal meeting is 46---44,  the meeting against Sheffield is a prime example, I dont think we were good they were awful.  To be fair there are similar complaints from other tracks, so it may well be the way the sport is run is the problem, and not the individual team, Berwick does however seem to create some of the problems itself.  Like any business you have to please your customers if you dont please them they no longer become your customers, and at the end of the day it is the customer paying at the gate that pays the riders wages.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I will simplify it, I pay to be entertained, I like Berwick to win, it is not important to me if we don't, yes i would be a tad disappointed  but a close tight meeting is more important.  Last season after we signed Morris on a much better prepared track really did entertain me, and thought if this carries on, great.  Apart from the the odd meeting Glasgow in particular and I did concede last Saturday was better, although very strung out at times, this season has drifted away from entertainment.  I will admit my ideal meeting is 46---44,  the meeting against Sheffield is a prime example, I dont think we were good they were awful.  To be fair there are similar complaints from other tracks, so it may well be the way the sport is run is the problem, and not the individual team, Berwick does however seem to create some of the problems itself.  Like any business you have to please your customers if you dont please them they no longer become your customers, and at the end of the day it is the customer paying at the gate that pays the riders wages.

I understand what you are saying, but I can't see how this season is different from any other. Berwick have had some poor teams in the past, there have been some very poorly prepared tracks before, I can remember some riders finding it difficult to turn the bike. The bikes are faster now, the riders more professional. On the whole, apart from the last two meetings, scores at Shielfield have been close this season. Hopefully you will be entertained until the end of the season.   

Intrigued by what you mean by the club creating problems itself. You mean with the track? The line up?

I have to say I stopped going last year due to the results and racing every week and didn’t return despite us starting to win at home and reports of better racing at the end of the season but I have only missed 1 home so far this year and have felt value for money most weeks and certainly havn’t felt ripped off any week, I am one of the first to moan and complain but I have found myself enjoying my speedway again at Shielfield Park due to a much better team and on occassion better racing so thank you promotion.

Have we missed a trick with signing Pijper too early for Lindman when if we waited a week we could of had Matej Kus our former number 1, I know Pijper has done nothing wrong for us so far by the way and I feel he done respectable both home and away at the weekend so I’m not saying we should of dropped him for Kus, we’re not ran by Ged Rathbone afterall...

Great to see that Leon Flint has qualified into the European Final from today's qualifier in Denmark, he is joined in the Final by fellow Brit Jordan Pallin. Palin qualified with 11pts while Leon finished on 9pts.

• Like 1

Right now, this afternoon, isn't it pretty good to be a Bandito? 

Three points clear at the top of the Championship standings with over a third of the matches raced..... 

The Academy kids sitting on top of the NJL with a 100% record.... 

Plus Leon progressing in Europe! 

(stands back, awaits cynical replies...) 

• Like 1

Berwick Bandits Supporters Club were busy busy last night. First presentation was to all the academy riders that were present last night also a cheque was presented to Colin Easton and Alan Ferro to sponsor a forthcoming junior meeting. Last presentation was to Jye Etheridge who was in the wars at Redcar to help towards a new helmet and bike repairs. 

• Like 3