British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

27 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Totally agree Chris, it's why I have missed meetings, have been happy enough to watch anything they threw at me, you know what people call the true fan.  However there comes a time when a club doesn't learn the lessons and serve up poor entertainment, time to think twice about it. I had such great hopes last season, especially after they signed Morris, but it as quickly reverted to what we have had to put up with in previous seasons.  Roll on the Tiddlywinks championship pure entertainment in comparison.

Whats the difference between this years track prep and last years track prep

Ans:-  NICK MORRIS

Riders like Nick Morris come at a price (expensive), the club does well to just keep speedway going in the town, use it or lose it comes to mind.

And talk about entertainment other than the Gps how many british league matches on BT sport have been entertaining? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Totally agree Chris, it's why I have missed meetings, have been happy enough to watch anything they threw at me, you know what people call the true fan.  However there comes a time when a club doesn't learn the lessons and serve up poor entertainment, time to think twice about it. I had such great hopes last season, especially after they signed Morris, but it as quickly reverted to what we have had to put up with in previous seasons.  Roll on the Tiddlywinks championship pure entertainment in comparison.

Whats the difference between this years track prep and last years track prep

Ans:-  NICK MORRIS

I’ve not missed a home meeting this year and I’m not even a fan. I’ve lost a lot of my enthusiasm for speedway since my team folded and meetings like we’ve mostly had this year haven’t helped. If this week doesn’t serve up some excitement I’ll have to consider whether I’m gonna bother for the final few meetings. 

2 hours ago, penchev said:

Riders like Nick Morris come at a price (expensive), the club does well to just keep speedway going in the town, use it or lose it comes to mind.

And talk about entertainment other than the Gps how many british league matches on BT sport have been entertaining? 

The point was, that because he was here, he was a massive influence on how the track was prepared, which improved the entertainment for the last half of last season, just wished the club had continued with it instead of letting those standards slip

24 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I’ve not missed a home meeting this year and I’m not even a fan. I’ve lost a lot of my enthusiasm for speedway since my team folded and meetings like we’ve mostly had this year haven’t helped. If this week doesn’t serve up some excitement I’ll have to consider whether I’m gonna bother for the final few meetings. 

Chris, I can count on one hand how many meetings I have missed in 20 plus years, this season I can take it or leave it.

38 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

The point was, that because he was here, he was a massive influence on how the track was prepared, which improved the entertainment for the last half of last season, just wished the club had continued with it instead of letting those standards slip

hmm however with all this dry weather would it be somewhat difficult to get the moisture into the base of the track, nothing beats mother nature.

9 minutes ago, penchev said:

hmm however with all this dry weather would it be somewhat difficult to get the moisture into the base of the track, nothing beats mother nature.

Not really, it does take extra effort mind.  Soak it and pack it Monday evening followed by the same Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday and Friday, then normal track prep on a Saturday morning, that should get enough water down to the base, no good doing it in the daytime, as it will evaporate too quickly

wot a week inthe speedway scene glasgow flashing more cash to try and win the league  so berwick fans get behind the lads and cheer them to victory on sat night  see your all there mmmmmmmmmm tasty

10 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

wot a week inthe speedway scene glasgow flashing more cash to try and win the league  so berwick fans get behind the lads and cheer them to victory on sat night  see your all there mmmmmmmmmm tasty

Robbed the Piggy Bank.!

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Robbed the Piggy Bank.!

no took out a bank loan  over 5 years lollol  no stashing my  cash

Edited by concessionscol
added more

1 minute ago, concessionscol said:

no took out a bank loan  over 5 years lollol

5 years! Bit optimistic IMO,might be paying up sitting in the house.

9 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Not really, it does take extra effort mind.  Soak it and pack it Monday evening followed by the same Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday and Friday, then normal track prep on a Saturday morning, that should get enough water down to the base, no good doing it in the daytime, as it will evaporate too quickly

So all that it takes is to find somebody with the spare time to go down every night of the week and spend a few hours soaking the track. Which, bear in mind is 368 metres long, so will take a while. Then you have baking hot temperatures the next again day, so anything you have done will dry out in no time. 

As for the influence Nick Morris had over track preparation, you can only speculate about that. Only those who carry out the work will know the truth as to what the difference is between last season and this. Whether they are doing anything different, or if it down to the weather this summer. Those of us on the sidelines can only guess.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, topsoil said:

So all that it takes is to find somebody with the spare time to go down every night of the week and spend a few hours soaking the track. Which, bear in mind is 368 metres long, so will take a while. Then you have baking hot temperatures the next again day, so anything you have done will dry out in no time. 

As for the influence Nick Morris had over track preparation, you can only speculate about that. Only those who carry out the work will know the truth as to what the difference is between last season and this. Whether they are doing anything different, or if it down to the weather this summer. Those of us on the sidelines can only guess.

Excellent post , yes those with all the time in the world more than welcome to pop down and get the track exactly how they want it , 

9 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Your not asking for a lot then ? Fml 

29 minutes ago, penchev said:

Your not asking for a lot then ? Fml 

He is only asking that the Promotion produce a good racing track whatever work has to be done,it fair to say the the entertainment has dropped this season IMO.Whether it is the track or not is open to question and opinion.Personaly I think the track is not great.